Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Champions League 2016/17

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

In the playoff round, yes.

Mentioning Astana was there to show what type of opposition Celtic had to overcome to get where they are.

Yeah but that is irrelevant surely.

You cannot argue that every champion of every league should get a chance to qualify. So therefore Celtic are probably going to play some crap in the third qualifying round

Just now, Manwell Pablo said:

Yeah but that is irrelevant surely.

You cannot argue that every champion of every league should get a chance to qualify. So therefore Celtic are probably going to play some crap in the third qualifying round

That wasn't my original point.

I meant to emphasize the type of opposition Celtic face on a more or less regular basis, be it in the league or in Europe.

The SPL gives them a false sense of security and they also struggled quite a lot against Astana as well as against Beer Sheva this year.

2 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

That wasn't my original point.

I meant to emphasize the type of opposition Celtic face on a more or less regular basis, be it in the league or in Europe.

The SPL gives them a false sense of security and they also struggled quite a lot against Astana as well as against Beer Sheva this year.

Fair enough.

Although I'd say that's more to do with Celtic actually not being that good anymore full stop myself than anything to do with who they play.....still much better teams have taken utter beatings in the Nou Camp than them, really not a rare occurrence for a team to go there and get carved open.

... Yes it is....

No, they had to beat an Israeli side to qualify for the group stage. Which they did, so they fully deserve their spot in this edition of the CL. The Kazakh side was earlier on, as you would expect if you respect the logic of team coefficients.

Btw, there are a lot of very rich club owners in Kazachstan who buy expensive players for their team, to become more successful. Sounds familiar?

52 minutes ago, Chimme said:

No, they had to beat an Israeli side to qualify for the group stage. Which they did, so they fully deserve their spot in this edition of the CL. The Kazakh side was earlier on, as you would expect if you respect the logic of team coefficients.

Btw, there are a lot of very rich club owners in Kazachstan who buy expensive players for their team, to become more successful. Sounds familiar?

.... Yes but if they don't beat the Kazakh side they don't play the Israeli one and Israeli teams are shit anyway.

That was Prussians point...

26 minutes ago, Worthington said:

Spurs fans in meltdown:

"At a disadvantage having to play  'home' games at Wembley"......Your choice Arrogance FC!

"Leicester have an easier group"....Then perhaps you should have won the PL and gained the 'top seed' status!

Monaco have very simular kit as Arsenal..Thats why Spurs lost....

33 minutes ago, Worthington said:

Spurs fans in meltdown:

"At a disadvantage having to play  'home' games at Wembley"......Your choice Arrogance FC!

"Leicester have an easier group"....Then perhaps you should have won the PL and gained the 'top seed' status!

Your joking lol

as thirds seeds they couldn't of got an easier group if they'd picked themselves. Porto better than anyone in their group.

53 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Your joking lol

as thirds seeds they couldn't of got an easier group if they'd picked themselves. Porto better than anyone in their group.

In all fairness Monaco were probably the hardest pot 4 side but that really is clutching at straws from Spurs fans 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived