Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tsintskaro

Bolasie/Troy Deeney

lol

Every club's valuation of their best players will be double or treble their market value.

This is exactly why I've said I hope we don't pursue Deeney. There's no way he'll ever represent value for money with the current state of Premier League finances.

Don't really get all this 'oh he scored 13 goals in his debut prem season' because Ulloa scored 12 and its him most of you want to be replaced

Because they played different roles that's why, ulloa was main man up top then. He's not any more Vardy is. Deeney played support role, which is what we want.

Dilly ding, dilly dong, wake up man, we're champions league!

If we're going to overpay for someone and it's Troy ****ing Deeney (again, tidy player, but not infinitely better than what we have!) then I despair.

You seem to be falling into the old trap of names rather than how the players fit together. Did you take nothing from this season?

Because they played different roles that's why, ulloa was main man up top then. He's not any more Vardy is. Deeney played support role, which is what we want.

Agreed. Deeney would be a very good upgrade on Okazaki and a perfect foil for Vardy if he stays

Deeney is a team player who does everything well and good leader & strong influence in the room.. You have to look past simple stats on players to understand their value. Anyway. word is that Deeney is not going anywhere.

We are a hard working side and Troy Deeney is a hard working player, he holds the ball up well, his link play is good also. Everyone saw how good his partnership with Ighalo was in the first half of last season, imagine him playing with Vardy.

Would love him at Leicester but can't really see Watford selling unless it's for a ridiculous amount.

Reckon Deeney would be perfect for us. Big bundle of energy probably on the levels of Okazaki and you know he would give the team his all. Reckon he'd compliment Vardy very well but I do hope we don't pay massive amounts for him.

I'd say £15m is probably his value but can understand Watford rejecting that amount. They'll probably hold out for double that unless we offer something like £20m + add-ons/clauses.

It would be tragic to pay 20m+ and lose Vards and Kante for that same amount

If that happens someone needs to be fired !

We are a hard working side and Troy Deeney is a hard working player, he holds the ball up well, his link play is good also. Everyone saw how good his partnership with Ighalo was in the first half of last season, imagine him playing with Vardy.

Would love him at Leicester but can't really see Watford selling unless it's for a ridiculous amount.

These days players have the power

If he wants out he will get his move

£30m is the asking price, and even then, that's not guaranteed.

I must say. I remember the days when we used to have to sell our best players to rival championship clubs just to balance the books. I remember sending Darius Henderson and Lee Williamson to Sheffield United for less than £900k, and it was so often just a given that any half-decent player at Watford would lead for another championship club. Nice bit of progress for our club.

£30m is the asking price, and even then, that's not guaranteed.

I must say. I remember the days when we used to have to sell our best players to rival championship clubs just to balance the books. I remember sending Darius Henderson and Lee Williamson to Sheffield United for less than £900k, and it was so often just a given that any half-decent player at Watford would lead for another championship club. Nice bit of progress for our club.

Happens to every team. We sold Paul Kitson to Derby and got Davison, Gee and Sticks. Mark Draper to Villa. Lineker to Everton Smith to Arsenal the list goes on. £30m is a joke how much would you price Mahrez at?

£18m plus add ons is a fair price for Deeney and I would love him here alongside Vardy.

Archived