Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Premier League Season 2016-17 Stuff it in here.

40 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I'm sure they'll learn not to go shouting expletives at someone eventually. The touching the ref one is ridiculous though, I don't how patting someone on the shoulder is worth a yellow card.

Hopefully refs use their common sense. Something needs to be done though, Premier League footballers are massive dicks when it comes to officials.

Only issue here is that referees have consistently proven for decades that absolutely none of them have any common sense. None of this would even be an issue if any referee to have ever referees had an ounce of common sense. 

Just now, ScouseFox said:

Only issue here is that referees have consistently proven for decades that absolutely none of them have any common sense. None of this would even be an issue if any referee to have ever referees had an ounce of common sense. 

This goes both ways though. Players themselves have proven that they are incapable of restraint or allowing a referee to do his job.

3 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

I reckon the Clattmesiter general will be fine.

Angry little men like Jon Moss will definitely be using this to punish players that have annoyed them though.

Either way, we're all getting rich on 13th August. Card city!

2 minutes ago, Darkon84 said:

This goes both ways though. Players themselves have proven that they are incapable of restraint or allowing a referee to do his job.

players, managers, fans, pundits, everyone in the game would happily let referees get on with their jobs if they were capable of doing their job right. but they're not. sending people off for telling a ref he's wrong is only going to make the problem worse. now we're going to see referees make ridiculous decisions and players aren't even allowed to call them a c unt after it? game's gone. 

as for the rugby comparisons, nobody really cares about rugby that's why nobody gets angry about rugby. 

1 minute ago, ScouseFox said:

players, managers, fans, pundits, everyone in the game would happily let referees get on with their jobs if they were capable of doing their job right. but they're not. sending people off for telling a ref he's wrong is only going to make the problem worse. now we're going to see referees make ridiculous decisions and players aren't even allowed to call them a c unt after it? game's gone. 

as for the rugby comparisons, nobody really cares about rugby that's why nobody gets angry about rugby. 

What purpose does telling the ref he's wrong serve?

When has this ever happened?

Ref: Foul!

Player: I never touched him ref!

Ref: Oh sorry, play on.

Just accept the decision, stop being a massive twat and carry on.

Referees make mistakes, theyre human. Anyone who has never made a single mistake in their job is probably lying, particularly when it means making possibly hundreds of decisions in a short space of time. With that many decisions to make, some will obviously be wrong. To say they are incapable of doing their job at all is going well over the top (apart from the cvnt John Moss, he can hang).

As for the comparisons to rugby, they are valid, and throwaway, dismissive comments about nobody caring won't change the fact that they've had the referee situation absolutely nailed for years, and football would do well to take note of it. What's your honest opinion on the refereeing in rugby then?

Just now, Finnegan said:

What purpose does telling the ref he's wrong serve?

When has this ever happened?

Ref: Foul!

Player: I never touched him ref!

Ref: Oh sorry, play on.

Just accept the decision, stop being a massive twat and carry on.

it serves no purpose, but letting refs get more stuff wrong and be held even less accountable (they never face the media, never explain post match and now we're not allowed to at least abuse them in the match?) is just shit.

2 minutes ago, Darkon84 said:

Referees make mistakes, theyre human. Anyone who has never made a single mistake in their job is probably lying, particularly when it means making possibly hundreds of decisions in a short space of time. With that many decisions to make, some will obviously be wrong. To say they are incapable of doing their job at all is going well over the top (apart from the cvnt John Moss, he can hang).

As for the comparisons to rugby, they are valid, and throwaway, dismissive comments about nobody caring won't change the fact that they've had the referee situation absolutely nailed for years, and football would do well to take note of it. What's your honest opinion on the refereeing in rugby then?

yeah but if i made a pretty big mistake i'd have someone tell me i'd done so, rather than anyone who dared question me almighty be brushed away with a condescending look, even though i am clearly in the wrong. 

it's pretty cool that we get to hear them explain stuff but it's not cool that they can sin bin people or make decisions and then explain their wrong decision and everyone just accepts it "because he's the ref". 

yeah but if i made a pretty big mistake i'd have someone tell me i'd done so, rather than anyone who dared question me almighty be brushed away with a condescending look, even though i am clearly in the wrong. 

it's pretty cool that we get to hear them explain stuff but it's not cool that they can sin bin people or make decisions and then explain their wrong decision and everyone just accepts it "because he's the ref". 

But when they're on the pitch, the players aren't above the ref, he doesn't need to answer to him, so why should the ref have to take shit from them? If they make big mistakes, their boss, The FA punish them accordingly. didn't Jon Moss get demoted or taken off of games and a fine for his display against us?

That's the way the game is constructed in sports, the ref is the one in control on the field of play and in charge. What they say, should go, and that's the referees role in all sports, it's just that football has let itself go. When it comes to sin bins, the majority of times it's referred to the video ref or at least consulted with the linesmen who can advise for or against, that's part of their job, so they don't just throw sin bins around and people accept it because 'its the ref', the accept it because that's the way the laws work on the field.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no angel and I've had my fair share of run ins with refs, and cards etc, but things like these measures need to be done and it's about time.

At least there are some direct rules and not open to interpretation, you touch the ref you get booked, you don't want to get booked don't touch the ref.

You swear at the ref you get booked, you don't want to get booked don't swear at the ref.

This needs to be applied very clearly from the start and I hope pundits and media question refs if they see an infringement not being punished, we shouldn't let this one, like so many other respect rules, drift away due to a lack of balls from refs. The only thing I will say is if the bookings rack up while players adjust you can have a yellow card amnesty. After 5 games if players are close to a suspension, just take off all yellows for these offences or reset all yellows to zero for everyone. Then if they still don't learn fvck 'em.

I would say that saying "for fvcks sake" shouldn't be a yellow  as  it is not swearing at the ref, "fvck off ref" is and should be booked.

12 minutes ago, Darkon84 said:

But when they're on the pitch, the players aren't above the ref, he doesn't need to answer to him, so why should the ref have to take shit from them? If they make big mistakes, their boss, The FA punish them accordingly. didn't Jon Moss get demoted or taken off of games and a fine for his display against us?

That's the way the game is constructed in sports, the ref is the one in control on the field of play and in charge. What they say, should go, and that's the referees role in all sports, it's just that football has let itself go. When it comes to sin bins, the majority of times it's referred to the video ref or at least consulted with the linesmen who can advise for or against, that's part of their job, so they don't just throw sin bins around and people accept it because 'its the ref', the accept it because that's the way the laws work on the field.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no angel and I've had my fair share of run ins with refs, and cards etc, but things like these measures need to be done and it's about time.

The ref isn't helped by the wording of fouls in football, they basically state that it is all down to the ref's interpretation and that is what annoys players, you can make the same tackle in the same game with the same result and sometimes it is a booking and a yellow card other times it is not punished.

Having a replay  is irrelevant as the TV ref will have a different interpretation than the on field ref, especially as watching things repeatedly in slow-motion makes every tackle look worse than if you see live.

If one definition of a foul was putting any part of  your body between the player and the ball and making contact with the player before making contact with the ball, then you can ask the tv ref did he make contact with the ball before making contact with the player, no it's a foul, yes it isn't a foul.

Without unambiguous wording then you will find players constantly frustrated at the lack of consistent application of the rules.

28 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

it serves no purpose, but letting refs get more stuff wrong and be held even less accountable (they never face the media, never explain post match and now we're not allowed to at least abuse them in the match?) is just shit.

These rules have nothing to do with the standard of reffing.

The FA need to start reviewing and punishing bad performances and stop defending their refs by default. I agree.

But players crowding refs, being abusive and moany little shits still need to be booked and told to bollocks.

To be fair who wouldn't get angry and want to tell a ref to fvck off when the likes of Mike Dean and Jon Moss make the games all about themselves. 

The FA calls for respect but it doesn't work both ways, just look at how referees handle situations. 

Like Nige said a couple of years ago "why bother he's one of the most arrogant men I've ever met"

Refs need to be better trained in how to defuse situations

They need to accept that sometimes tgey make mistakes and be prepared to change their decisions... but be clear when they are certain and say so to dosmiss appeals

Imo many are thick and lack self confidence

I don't think i've ever wanted a team to fail as badly as I want Man U to. Firstly, it's Man U. Nearly every football fan in the country was brought up to dislike this club. Now they have Mourinho (twat), Ibrahimovic (twat), Rooney (past it) and have, despite their shitness, just bought the first £100m player. 

Not forgetting their smug fans who gleefully coined the expression, 'not arrogant, just better'. Lastly, one more season of mediocrity will make it almost impossible to get back to the top of the English game, let alone Europe.

I think I will actually cough a lung up laughing if they finish outside the top four again, next season.

7 hours ago, brucey said:

pjimage%20(5.jpg

they've changed the ribbons, it looks like comic sans..

The cup doesn't have Barclays inscribed on it either, ribbons are changed because it's sponsor free, fairly sure seeing as Barclays isn't stamped on it, it's not the trophy Wes lifted but a new one.

5 minutes ago, promised land said:

The cup doesn't have Barclays inscribed on it either, ribbons are changed because it's sponsor free, fairly sure seeing as Barclays isn't stamped on it, it's not the trophy Wes lifted but a new one.

I believe they changed the trophy way before they changed the ribbons, pretty sure it was the non-barclays version during the victory parades

Archived