Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Premier League Season 2016-17 Stuff it in here.

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

How come?

Shit club, 13 fit players, manager just jumped ship 3 weeks before the season starts - nailed on 2-0 home win. Granted that was the old Leicester. Last season we defied that kind of adversity so hopefully we've changed.

3 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Shit club, 13 fit players, manager just jumped ship 3 weeks before the season starts - nailed on 2-0 home win. Granted that was the old Leicester. Last season we defied that kind of adversity so hopefully we've changed.

I haven't felt that way about a Leicester match for about 3 seasons to be fair. Also every football fan of every team in the world seems to think their club has a special ability to lose games they should win.

More often than not the overwhelming favourites win, sometimes the underdog springs a surprise.

I think it's alright to be confident as long as it's for the right reasons. I do understand the majority believe in tempting fate and stuff like that though haha.

13 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Wijnaldum signs for Liverpool.

A second tier club receiving £25mill for a player lol

Mad isn't it? He's a decent player but did he really add £10 million+ to his value last season? Take out the Norwich game and he wasn't brilliant IMHO. 

Game's gone mad.

2 hours ago, brucey said:

Whoever at Adidas came up with that terrible, terrible slogan "First Never Follows"?? 

Without punctuation, that phrase essentially means they'll never win.

how?

It means that first will always be in the lead, they have no-one to follow, they're always in front of others...

2 hours ago, brucey said:

Whoever at Adidas came up with that terrible, terrible slogan "First Never Follows"?? 

Without punctuation, that phrase essentially means they'll never win.

My take is that it's terrible because it's utter, utter bollocks.

35 minutes ago, StanSP said:

how?

It means that first will always be in the lead, they have no-one to follow, they're always in front of others...

ah, i see, they mean that first place never follows anyone? which is kinda obvious really, that is the definition of first after all..

I interpreted it as first place never follows on, that they will never be first...

I think Martinez would expect better than the hull job.

If the owners are penny pinching like it seems expect an appointment in the McLaren/warnock mould. Journeyman manager on the cheap. 

What a terrible shame if they just do an Aston villa and go down straight away with all the money and no intention of staying up. And when I say what a shame I feel sorry for the clubs like Sheffield Wednesday who'se place in the premier league they took and didn't take it seriously. 

4 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I think Martinez would expect better than the hull job.

If the owners are penny pinching like it seems expect an appointment in the McLaren/warnock mould. Journeyman manager on the cheap. 

What a terrible shame if they just do an Aston villa and go down straight away with all the money and no intention of staying up. And when I say what a shame I feel sorry for the clubs like Sheffield Wednesday who'se place in the premier league they took and didn't take it seriously. 

More likely do a Blackpool get the millions from one season in the premier league, pocket it and then just ruin the club pocketing the parachute payments and selling off all the players.

I know it's a pre season friendly and all that, but I've just watched the highlights of Dortmund v Man Utd in the Club Championship thingy. City are just about to beat Celtic...

I really think Mourinho has got his work cut out to turn Utd around. They have some good players, but they have some really really average ones too. And they seem to have such little balance to the squad. It probably means nowt but I'd not be surprised to see him go out and make quite a few more new signings.

6 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I know it's a pre season friendly and all that, but I've just watched the highlights of Dortmund v Man Utd in the Club Championship thingy. City are just about to beat Celtic...

I really think Mourinho has got his work cut out to turn Utd around. They have some good players, but they have some really really average ones too. And they seem to have such little balance to the squad. It probably means nowt but I'd not be surprised to see him go out and make quite a few more new signings.

Very poor goalkeeping and defending. Highlights showed little of Man U's midfield or attack. I guess they were nonexistent. 

First half, the goalie palming the ball out to Dortmund player is shocking. And then second half, three defenders run into each other and the Dortmund player runs through them to take a shot was hilarious. They look completely lost.

1 minute ago, Merging Cultures said:

Very poor goalkeeping and defending. Highlights showed little of Man U's midfield or attack. I guess they were nonexistent. 

First half, the goalie palming the ball out to Dortmund player is shocking. And then second half, three defenders run into each other and the Dortmund player runs through them to take a shot was hilarious. They look completely lost.

They are a great great club. However, I wonder if many thought that just because they had appointed Jose, it would solve their problems on the field instantly.

i just have a feeling it's gonna take some time.

Guest ttfn

Mourinho will sort that defence out eventually - might take him a few months though.

Mkhitarayan is a great signing and Zlatan is Zlatan. If they don't make top 4 it will be a terrible season and if they add Pogba and don't at least have a crack at the title it will be a huge failure from Mourinho.

As an aside, if they sign Pogba there's every chance that their first XI would entirely consist of players who cost £10 million or more with the exception of Zlatan who I wouldn't mind betting wouldn't have cost far from that in signing fees and is on £250k a week.

Just goes to show how far they've fallen that people are questioning if they can even challenge given the amount they've spent.

On 22/07/2016 at 19:09, Fox92 said:

Wijnaldum signs for Liverpool.

A second tier club receiving £25mill for a player lol

Liverpool seem to be spending big money, but its not buying them quality.

Mane, Wijnaldum, Klavan, Matip, Manninger....... I dont see that calibre of player getting Liverpool involved in a title bid.

14 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Yeah but he managed to keep them up for three seasons on a very tight budget, plus not forgetting lifting the FA Cup in that spell. Jimmy

I think you logged into the wrong account to reply to this

Archived