Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

2016/17 Football League Championship

Easily the strangest decision i've seen in the Championship in years. They're doing incredibly on a tiny budget with young players. 

There's either a massive story behind the scenes or the new owners have gone mad.

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Upon reading the clubs statement I would suggest it's the new owners gone mad.

lol yep! They have been there 18 months mind.

It's not like itchy feet about not getting promoted either... they're 3 points off 3rd!!

Madness... he'll have a new job in weeks. 

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

lol yep! They have been there 18 months mind.

It's not like itchy feet about not getting promoted either... they're 3 points off 3rd!!

Madness... he'll have a new job in weeks. 

haha oh I thought they were new! 

Dragged them from bottom of the league.

I agree he'll get another job though.

Just now, Fox92 said:

haha oh I thought they were new! 

Dragged them from bottom of the league.

I agree he'll get another job though.

Sacking spree incoming in the Championship! My moneys on him going to Ipswich after Big Mick getting the axe. 

1 minute ago, Nalis said:

What a joke, feel for the Brummie fans.

Could have been something behind the scenes too mind.

Potentially his reaction to Three Chinese business graduates younger than him being appointed to run the club yesterday lol I know I wouldn't be particularly enamoured! 

3 minutes ago, Worthington said:

Shortage of intelligence from BIH there.

Apparently, according to a 'bluenose' friend, there's a feeling that the owners are suffering from the usual Chinese trait of rating managerial talent on a 'big name' basis, rather than actual managerial ability or potential!

Rowett's a decent young manager. I'd predict he'll be back in employment January latest! 

Here?! :ph34r:

Nah think he'll get another Championship job, it's a tough one because most of the top clubs in that league won't be looking for managers, so you'd think he'd need to go to a mid-table Championship team and build them up, I can't see a Premier League team giving him a chance just yet.

21 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Promising young English manager getting good results with limited resources is spurned in favour of patchy continental. I feel a Sean Dyche double-page column in the Daily Mail coming after this one.

I think Gary spent at least £20 which is double the tenner Dychey could afford so sympathy will be tempered.

Guest FriendlyRam

Amazing really regarding Rowett.. that's the way to treat someone who's done a pretty good job under the circumstances tbh lol , has had his best players sold behind his back, has had next to nothing to spend and still only has them near the playoffs only outside them on goal difference.. pathetic owners tbh and it really does sum football up. 

Guest FriendlyRam
4 hours ago, Matt said:

PEARSON! :fc::wub:

I quite like Birmingham for some reason, probably the only other Midlands team I genuinely don't mind. Would love Pearson there!!

Having had to deal with our meddling owner I really don't think he'd take long to blow a fuse with those Birmingham owners, they've installed a trio of computer geeks in charge of the club lol

English football sold its soul for the money, but its getting ridiculous with some of the decisions and some of the ways they run the club. 

7th only out the playoffs on goal difference having spent nothing.... lol 

Archived