Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

2016/17 Football League Championship

36 minutes ago, FriendlyRam said:

Having had to deal with our meddling owner I really don't think he'd take long to blow a fuse with those Birmingham owners, they've installed a trio of computer geeks in charge of the club lol

English football sold its soul for the money, but its getting ridiculous with some of the decisions and some of the ways they run the club. 

7th only out the playoffs on goal difference having spent nothing.... lol 

It won't be Pearson because he's English they'll go foreign, it's said on Midlands Today there after Gianfranco Zola. Rowett treated quite poorly by Birmingham no doubt though he won't be out of work long. Some rumours his old club Burton are becoming restless with Clough Jr, possible return there?

5 hours ago, Matt said:

PEARSON! :fc::wub:

I quite like Birmingham for some reason, probably the only other Midlands team I genuinely don't mind. Would love Pearson there!!

If you like them why on earth would you want Pearson there after he nearly ruined Derby? 

Plus us there's no way Pearson could get through a day there without punching one of those board members.

8 minutes ago, Barky said:

If you like them why on earth would you want Pearson there after he nearly ruined Derby?

Because of his brilliant record in the Championship when he's had any time at all to settle in at a club?

57 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

Because of his brilliant record in the Championship when he's had any time at all to settle in at a club?

Good record, not brilliant. He wasn't the first manager to get a team promoted from the championship. He was the first manager to get a team promoted from the championship with two future ballon d'or nominees in it though, I'm confident of that. The mess he made of derby without Walsh to bring in the players, phew, it'd be a huge gamble taking him on.

Anyway, Zola has got the job. Pearson is probably looking at leagues one or two if he wants another job, which I'm not sure he will after the derby debacle.

Guest FriendlyRam

tbf that was a mugging tonight lol 

Not that I'm complaining, we deserve the odd one to go for us, its usually us on the end of late goals and dropping points

4 losses in a row now though for Holloway, not sure how long he'll get

7 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Na mate.

We'll see. I'll be amazed if he gets anywhere near a decent championship club after dumping one of the best teams in the league into the relegation zone and then smacking in the owner in the face. That all coming on the back of the various bizarre occurrences that he instigated while managing us. If people were concerned about his temperant before it's  off the charts now. The man needs a psychiatrist more than he needs another job in football and I seriously doubt any decent club is going to take the risk. But we'll see. If I was a betting man I'd say he'll be out of the game for a couple of years and then reappear as an assistant in league two or the conference.

It seems very important to Chinese owners to have to act if they lose a couple of games heavily.  I wonder if their mates take the piss, and they feel obliged to do something, even if it is stupid, to show they wont tolerate looking weak.  No other explanation for replacing Rowett aside from those two crap results against Newcastle and Barnsley.

Guest FriendlyRam
8 hours ago, Barky said:

We'll see. I'll be amazed if he gets anywhere near a decent championship club after dumping one of the best teams in the league into the relegation zone and then smacking in the owner in the face. That all coming on the back of the various bizarre occurrences that he instigated while managing us. If people were concerned about his temperant before it's  off the charts now. The man needs a psychiatrist more than he needs another job in football and I seriously doubt any decent club is going to take the risk. But we'll see. If I was a betting man I'd say he'll be out of the game for a couple of years and then reappear as an assistant in league two or the conference.

You can't pin all the blame on Pearson for our start though, the players simply downed tools and have done under 2 others before him (Paul Clement and Wassal, although with Wassal they just simply didn't take him seriously).. Pearson didn't do all bad, he sorted out our defence, it was the attack that went missing and we still haven't exactly fired in that department still, might be 5th but we're not exactly banging goals in. 

McClaren does seem to get them motivated though and they actually do seem to like him, which is a bit odd because he's done poorly in the motivation department at most of his other jobs lol.

Archived