Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes_rule1978

Deeney bid rejected - Signs new contract with Watford

Really really wanted this one the fact he it looks like he has chosen to stay loyal to Watford is exactly why he would have been perfect for us. Oh well onto the next one.

I hope to god some our top players are going to show us the same level of loyalty over the coming weeks.

No bitterness from me hope he carries on having a good career top player and seems like a top bloke(other than the vicious assault lol).

Deeney may have done to us the same as vardy will to arsenal if he stays here.

hope we haven't wasted too much time and effort and alienated any potential signings.

How? He was apparently ready to sign for us. Clearly we wouldn't spend stupid money and/or Watford wouldn't sell him. Their option is to offer him more money so no one else tempts him.

Mixed feelings. 

Could well be a ploy to get us to rush in with £32m. 

If not and he stays - shame as he'd improve us, but relief in that £30m+ would've been too much. You almost want CL certainty with players at that sort of price, and I don't think he'd bring that guarantee.

Guest CityFan 06

I know some of us wanted him but he deserves major credit of loyalty if he stays at Watford given what Leicester are offering.

How? He was apparently ready to sign for us. .

As was vards for arsenal

Who is to say that this whole thing wasn't an attempt by Troy's agent to get him a bumper deal at Watford? Maybe he was never interested in leaving them? Many have surmised that was vardy's agents' task in seeking out a deal at the Emirates

anyway, we don't know that this deal isn't an attempt by Watford to stop him coming here. As per our offer to Jamie. we shall see what transpires over the next few days.

Archived