Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Fave takeaway and specifically what do you order!

10 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Flaming Colossus?

Could have been mate but doesn't sound familiar. Maybe it was Jokers or something. Anyway, many moons ago but remember falling out of there at 2am many a time and nipping over the road for a TJ's burger afterwards :thumbup:

Love Mangal in Syston,  Pilic Beyti (Minced Chicken) Kebabs, with rice and salad and the Houmous with Turkish Flatbread.

Chinese - House Special Curry, Fried Rice and Prawn Toast.

Anyone recommend a decent Indian in Syston, we've  swore by the Taraj for years but the last two takeaways we've had have been real let downs.

2 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Ruby's in Thringstone used to do a blinding Cod and Chips, portions were huge, not sure if Michael, Sonya, Mario and family still own it though so may have gone downhill.

Still very good, queuing out of the door sometimes.

If I'm over that way at my mum's it's worth driving out of the 'Ville for.

7 minutes ago, Livid said:

Love Mangal in Syston,  Pilic Beyti (Minced Chicken) Kebabs, with rice and salad and the Houmous with Turkish Flatbread.

Chinese - House Special Curry, Fried Rice and Prawn Toast.

Anyone recommend a decent Indian in Syston, we've  swore by the Taraj for years but the last two takeaways we've had have been real let downs.

The Mangal is really nice. Only ever been twice, but wouldn't say no to going back. I just wouldn't pick to go to Turkish, unless I really fancied it. Don't know why, just wouldn't think to go there. You can't beat the mixed grill there though, you get a huge plate!:thumbup:

We used to go Taraj but they've been pretty poor within the last year, so we stopped going. Normally we'd go to the Red Rose. IMO it's the best in Syston. But since I went to the Tandoori Empire in Quorn the other week, I think I'd always go back there now. 

Just now, SystonFox said:

Lads (and lasses) spice of India in Syston is THE ONE. Not sure why you're all going to these cheap wannabes. Red rose, taraj palace. Behave yourselves

I've got to go to the Red Rose next week for a birthday. Not really looking forward to it. Last meal I had there it tasted like someone had spilt the sugar bowl on it.

40 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

Lads (and lasses) spice of India in Syston is THE ONE. Not sure why you're all going to these cheap wannabes. Red rose, taraj palace. Behave yourselves

Sorry Systonfox :ph34r: I'll try Spice of India next time just for you!

21 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Spice of india is terrible

Isn't it just. What a ****ing rip off. Never again.

Sorry, thought you meant Feast India.

Feast India, what a rip off. Never again

49 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Isn't it just. What a ****ing rip off. Never again.

Sorry, thought you meant Feast India.

Feast India, what a rip off. Never again

Confusing names because they have Indian in them. No need to be racist.

18 hours ago, Lcfc_lass10 said:

The Mangal is really nice. Only ever been twice, but wouldn't say no to going back. I just wouldn't pick to go to Turkish, unless I really fancied it. Don't know why, just wouldn't think to go there. You can't beat the mixed grill there though, you get a huge plate!:thumbup:

We used to go Taraj but they've been pretty poor within the last year, so we stopped going. Normally we'd go to the Red Rose. IMO it's the best in Syston. But since I went to the Tandoori Empire in Quorn the other week, I think I'd always go back there now. 

We were Red Rose regulars years ago but they must have changed the chef or something as we went off it and haven't been back since.

Have only tried the Spice a couple of times but can't remember us being outraged. We were just regulars elsewhere.

On 7/18/2016 at 10:40, EastAnglianFox said:

Ruby's in Thringstone used to do a blinding Cod and Chips, portions were huge, not sure if Michael, Sonya, Mario and family still own it though so may have gone downhill.

Went there last night. Still great .

The chicken kebab from Golden Spice on the Narb is the lick. 

Nice marinated chicken boob served on a naan that if it wasn't covered in delicious, spicy, chickeny sauce, I could use as a duvet.

I haven't had it for a few years since moving away, but I'm reliably informed it's still as good as ever. 

Chinese: Oriental Chef, Kirby Frith

Chicken Balls with Satay Sauce, crispy shredded chicken in Peking Sauce, Egg fried rice, chips and prawn crsckers

Indian: Bombay Bites, Braunstone Gate

Large Bombay Box: Naan, Chicken Tikka Marsala, Chips & Tandoori Chicken. 3 Chicken wings

Pizza: Dominos

Large with Tandoori Chicken and Bacon (used to order Dominator base when it was available)

Kebabs: Bucks Chippy

Mixed meat on Naan, no salad, chilli sauce and chips.

Not really takeaway, but I've just remembered the best sandwiches I've had in Leicester. I did work experience at some graphic design place near New Walk. There was a sandwich shop I went to on my lunch break near the train station (I think it was across the road) that did chicken tandoori (I think) with mint yoghurt in a baguette. Fvcking delicious. No idea if it's still there.

On 19/07/2016 at 15:33, RoboFox said:

The chicken kebab from Golden Spice on the Narb is the lick. 

Nice marinated chicken boob served on a naan that if it wasn't covered in delicious, spicy, chickeny sauce, I could use as a duvet.

I haven't had it for a few years since moving away, but I'm reliably informed it's still as good as ever. 

Would love to taste the chicken boob

Guest Mee-9

Dominos - Half and Half - both Cheese and Tomato with half pepperoni, half chicken ontop. - Double Decadence base. (Incredible) 

Only order a Dominos on a Tuesday though, 2-4-1. Else you'll have to remortgage your house to get one.

42 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

Dominos - Half and Half - both Cheese and Tomato with half pepperoni, half chicken ontop. - Double Decadence base. (Incredible) 

Only order a Dominos on a Tuesday though, 2-4-1. Else you'll have to remortgage your house to get one.

That pizza sounds rubbish. Have you tried the Texas BBQ from Dominos?

Archived