Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tony1784

Liam Moore

Just now, Grewks said:

You don't dislodge players that are top of the league by 'training well'.

Mahrez only got back into the side the season before last due to injuries.....

So we should just hang on to everyone just in case they do a Vardy? Come on mate, we're Champions League and Liam got benched by Brentford and Bristol City. Like I said, if he wasn't 'one of our own' people literally wouldn't give a shit. 

1 hour ago, Grewks said:

Surely a loan with a side paying all the wages makes more sense?

A transfer fee for someone like Moore wouldn't have an impact on our finances. But if he develops well....we could lose a lot more.

Edit: See Michael Keane

We never owned Michael Keane did we?

He was only here on loan.

9 minutes ago, FIF said:

We never owned Michael Keane did we?

He was only here on loan.

But we're looking at paying £15 million + on a player we could have signed before Burnley did.

You're just being pedantic if you cannot see similarities.

At some point you have to say enough is enough.

You can't keep living on potential six months before your 24th birthday. He's had every opportunity to get himself to this level and for whatever reason hasn't cut it. Ranieri sees him every day and if he thought there was a player in there who could force his way into the team he would have kept him.

You have to prove your worth in a first team squad and either be a first team player, solid cover or young and progressing. If you aren't any of these you're deadwood and need to be moved on. Too many people om here want to keep players like Moore in case he becomes a player or don't want to see a 30 year old Ulloa sold for £10m even though he may be our 5th choice striker by the end of the window. Squads are continuously evolving.

Forget all the sentimental bollocks. He's not good enough for us and I thought this during his run in the team when we were promoted, never mind the fact we are now in the Champions League. His positional sense is shocking and he has hardly improved his chances with two poor loan spells.

I can't believe I am reading comparisons to the Michael Keane scenario and about him not having a chance. He's had more than enough chances. Can see him being another Mattock or Sheehan.

7 minutes ago, Gerard said:

At some point you have to say enough is enough.

You can't keep living on potential six months before your 24th birthday. He's had every opportunity to get himself to this level and for whatever reason hasn't cut it. Ranieri sees him every day and if he thought there was a player in there who could force his way into the team he would have kept him.

You have to prove your worth in a first team squad and either be a first team player, solid cover or young and progressing. If you aren't any of these you're deadwood and need to be moved on. Too many people om here want to keep players like Moore in case he becomes a player or don't want to see a 30 year old Ulloa sold for £10m even though he may be our 5th choice striker by the end of the window. Squads are continuously evolving.

Have to agree.

I Have defended him, and criticised others to give him time.  Over the last 3 seasons.

Its now coming to that time.He is now 24, he at present has not shown c an inkling of realising his expected potential in those 3 years.I will leave it to others to deliver the reasons why not.

I seriously thought he shown c excellent talent, his earliar odd mistakes x were counted by some good performances.Then he just didnt kick on.Morgan improved, Huth became a top

buy, and Wasi is stability itself.Moore should of been ruffling these 3 players feathers, while

also learning from v them .

If it is time to go then so b e it, shame but he didnt grab his chance.

8 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Have to agree.

I Have defended him, and criticised others to give him time.  Over the last 3 seasons.

Its now coming to that time.He is now 24, he at present has not shown c an inkling of realising his expected potential in those 3 years.I will leave it to others to deliver the reasons why not.

I seriously thought he shown c excellent talent, his earliar odd mistakes x were counted by some good performances.Then he just didnt kick on.Morgan improved, Huth became a top

buy, and Wasi is stability itself.Moore should of been ruffling these 3 players feathers, while

also learning from v them .

If it is time to go then so b e it, shame but he didnt grab his chance.

This !!

2 hours ago, DB11 said:

Unfairly? Are you taking the piss? He was going through an awful stage and I'd been calling for him to be dropped for ages. Was a blessing when it was eventually done

The entire team was a bag of sheet. He didn't stand out as being particularly awful as you suggest.

2 hours ago, Bamba's Babes said:

The entire team was a bag of sheet. He didn't stand out as being particularly awful as you suggest.

In your opinion. Most of foxestalk and four managers wouldn't agree. 

8 hours ago, Bamba's Babes said:

Unfairly dropped at the time and has never had an opportunity to return.

Shame.

Not sure about his character but I think he will develop into a steady Prem defender.

Unfairly dropped? lol

I think he needs to move on, our progression has far outstripped his. His best bet of premier football is to spend a few seasons establishing himself as a solid championship defender and finding himself a good club, gaining consistency and form. If things go his way he may then find himself promoted and back in the prem.

To say he never had a chance is wrong too. He had plenty of opportunities and when not in the team he should be fighting to earn the right for a chance at the training ground, if it doesn't come then move on. Best thing for him.

13 hours ago, DB11 said:

Unfairly? Are you taking the piss? He was going through an awful stage and I'd been calling for him to be dropped for ages. Was a blessing when it was eventually done

Wes Morgan was playing just as bad if not worse at the time , but Morgan was captain and was saved from the axe understandably as dropping you captain is a big deal

Also the season before Liam wasn't dropped he got injured, broken collar bone I believe, then Wasyl kept his place as we were winning

For what seems a few reasons allegedly on and off field issues means he hasn't had the best of recent times. To stay here and progress he needs to be in and around the 1st team squad which he is not so do you wait for him to impress in training which is hard or look to move on and perform elsewhere. He needs to be playing at a decent level which he hasn't for a while. Also with a couple of not that impressive loan spells he really needs to get his career kick started again. He can be loaned out or sold on with a buy back clause or a high sell on percentage which works for clubs on the continent, but good luck to him.

Pearson will come in for him on loan, if not we should get him fit and his head in the right place as the lad did show a lot of promise a couple of years ago but the bit of fame he got went to his head.....

Up the City.....:scarf:

Archived