Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

League Cup 16/17

Winner of the League Cup  

85 members have voted

1. 1. So who will win it?

• THE MIGHTY LEICESTER CITY
    • Our friends from North London, aka Spurs
    • The other North London club that play in red
    • Liverpool or Everton
    • One of the Manchester clubs
    • Sunderland or Middlesbrough
    • Chelsea
    • West Ham
    • Southampton
    • Another Premier League club not yet mentioned in this weird poll
    • Derby (that ones for you Nige!)
    • It won't be Derby, Fox92 you idiot, but it will be a football league club.

Aston Villa lollollol

Well really what can you say? Just look at the team sheet shit from today...Cissokho, Okore, Richards, Bacuna, Hutton, Grealish...I would have thought these no hopers would be the first ones jettisoned, yet here they are stinking up the place again.

Round Two

W/C 22nd August

QPR v Rochdale 
Scunthorpe v Cardiff or Bristol City
Watford v Gillingham
Peterborough v Swansea
Everton v Yeovil
Millwall v Nottingham Forest
Sunderland v Shrewsbury
Luton v Leeds
Chelsea v Bristol Rovers or Bristol City
Burton v Liverpool
Blackburn v Crewe
Burnley v Accrington
Crystal Palace v Blackpool
Morecambe v Bournemouth
Preston v Oldham
Oxford v Brighton
Reading v MK Dons
Fulham v Middlesbrough
Newcastle v Cheltenham
Exeter v Hull
Derby v Carlisle
Northampton v West Brom
Wolves v Cambridge
Stevenage v Stoke
Norwich v Coventry 

33 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Someone care to explain how Scunthorpe play either Cardiff or Bristol City when Cardiff are playing Bristol Rovers. 

And how do Chelsea end up playing Bristol city or Bristol rovers? 

For some reason, they're seeded. (I don't know if it's due to the fact it's both Bristol clubs and Cardiff?).

Anyway, If Bristol Rovers win tonight Bristol City will play Scunthorpe. If Bristol Rovers lose, Bristol City will play Chelsea.

I don't quite understand why. It can't be because they're from the same City because what about Sheffield United and Sheffield Wednesday (both out now of course), Liverpool and Everton etc...?

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

For some reason, they're seeded. (I don't know if it's due to the fact it's both Bristol clubs and Cardiff?).

Anyway, If Bristol Rovers win tonight Bristol City will play Scunthorpe. If Bristol Rovers lose, Bristol City will play Chelsea.

I don't quite understand why. It can't be because they're from the same City because what about Sheffield United and Sheffield Wednesday (both out now of course), Liverpool and Everton etc...?

It's Cardiff's seeding who are playing Rovers tonight, so just a BBC fork up. 

Unless im gravely mistake Bristol City are playing Chelsea.

EDIT: nonononon wait. I get it.

They've done the draw before all the games take place.....meaning they can't work the seadings unless they do it like this. Explanation incoming

Chelsea are seeded, Cardiff are seeded, Bristol City are only seeded if a team in the seedings gets knocked out, so they are the "spare" team. Chelsea can't play Cardiff as both guaranteed seeds, so if Cardiff win they get Scunthorpe, Bristol City then play Chelsea, due to the fact Bristol City would lose their seeding to Cardiff. If Bristol Rovers win Bristol City then move up into a seeded position, meaning they play Scunthorpe and Rovers as non seeds play seeded Chelsea.

Bit of a mind bender

21 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

lollol why have they made it awkward. Why can't they just do the draw like the fa cup. 

Put every team in the hat and you can draw whoever. None of this seeding bollòcks.

The thing I've never liked about it and don't like about any football seeding is the constant reseeding every round. Just do one round if you knock a seed out surely you deserve the reward of taking their draw?

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, NewEnglandFox said:

The draw is Wednesday night after Stanley/Burnley on Sky.

We finally come in this round. Games are the week before Champions League starts.

With this and the Checkatrade coming up Inler must be buzzing. 

Archived