Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

Champions League tifos - Union FS

7 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Tbf I do like that picture of the Fox eyes and don't think they were *that* far off but the execution wasn't great.

yeah this. 

the image of the foxes eyes is a good one and UFS themselves used the fox face/eyes for their first go at a tifo. it was a good idea it just went pretty badly. 

It was a bit crap. But I wouldn't get too wound up about the whole Club/Union FS thing. I expect the vast majority of people in the crowd have no idea or care who puts the tifos on and probably not aware Union FS even exist.

Obviously they are pretty well known on here, but FT represents only a small percentage of the overall crowd.

8 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Some of the UFS lads acted like immature kids who didn't get their own way. 

Holding up a flag with some writing on it because the club decided to do something instead. 

And who's the drummer who wears sunglasses at night? Who does he think he Terminator. 

lol Apparently voicing an opinion is classed as being an immature child now.

7 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Wasn't that bad they fitted the option of a pulley system and lifted something the size of a king size bed sheet. Why bother.

I have no idea about technicalities like a pulley system or how they lift it up. That really doesn't bother me either lol 

7 hours ago, ealingfox said:

Tbf I do like that picture of the Fox eyes and don't think they were *that* far off but the execution wasn't great.

Exactly. They could have done one with just the foxes eyes image. But it needed to be the full width and height of the stand. Otherwise what's the point.

Shame to say it but that was done in a rush and on the cheap.

Poor show from the club.

Gaz, is it true you are meeting the club today. Can ufs make us aware of the outcome of these talks if they are happening.

Didn t think it was that bad in my opinion, not worth getting into a disagreement with the club about anyway.

UFS will have their day again, its the clubs ground anyway so UFS will always play second fiddle and the club will always have the right to pull rank........just don t burn any long term bridges!!!

6 minutes ago, promised land said:

Care to post some, I'm not on Facebook or Twitter so haven't seen any yet.

There's one a few posts above.

Massive over reaction about it on here. It was decent. Nothing spectacular.

UFS have done far better and far worse.

3 hours ago, Foxin hell said:

Was alright, couldn't see it properly from K block due to the floodlights but from the pictures Iv seen it looks ok. Shame it lasted about 2 and a half seconds though.

IMG_9426.JPG

Best photo I've seen of it so far. To me it just looks incredibly underwhelming. Why the forever dropped after about 2 seconds I don't know.

3 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Best photo I've seen of it so far. To me it just looks incredibly underwhelming. Why the forever dropped after about 2 seconds I don't know.

I would imagine that would be to do with them not wanting to impede people's views for the CL music/handshake or whatever.

Or maybe that's too kind and it could be that they had stewards doing it (or so it looked like) and their timings were off.

For me that's one of the key reasons I don't have any time for club displays - the people who go about setting them up are being paid to do so. Logic dictates that a lot of them probably aren't even LCFC fans. It therefore follows that they are likely to have less pride in what they put on than a group of fans (all volunteers) who are doing absolutely all they can to make sure they are using peoples' donations to the maximum.

4 minutes ago, C-man said:

I would imagine that would be to do with them not wanting to impede people's views for the CL music/handshake or whatever.

Or maybe that's too kind and it could be that they had stewards doing it (or so it looked like) and their timings were off.

For me that's one of the key reasons I don't have any time for club displays - the people who go about setting them up are being paid to do so. Logic dictates that a lot of them probably aren't even LCFC fans. It therefore follows that they are likely to have less pride in what they put on than a group of fans (all volunteers) who are doing absolutely all they can to make sure they are using peoples' donations to the maximum.

I imagine they weren't planning on keeping it up long so people didn't moan. The forever dropping down 5 seconds before the rest is just down to incompetence lol 

5 minutes ago, steveherbe said:

Far worse? When was that then?

I personally thought the one with the two 'people' holding a flag and a scarf looked poor.

I felt they tried to be too clever and it backfired IMO but I couldn't fault their effort and it didn't stop me donating. 

The best was 'Blue and White - Pure delight'. The foil sheets and the banner at the front were perfect. It doesn't need to be complicated for it to have the desired effect. All opinion obviously.

I didn’t mind the fox’s eyes, they were OK as a concept. Didn’t like the Forever Fearless banners, but the fact they ran vertically was OK, at least a bit of imagination there. The execution was pretty terrible though, the cynic in me reckons that they just put it up for enough time to get some photos of it for marketing purposes, then took it down again. Were the players even out when they were up?

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I didn’t mind the fox’s eyes, they were OK as a concept. Didn’t like the Forever Fearless banners, but the fact they ran vertically was OK, at least a bit of imagination there. The execution was pretty terrible though, the cynic in me reckons that they just put it up for enough time to get some photos of it for marketing purposes, then took it down again. Were the players even out when they were up?

I'll ask Mel, he had a perfect view.

Archived