Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

Champions League tifos - Union FS

Just now, ScubaBlue said:

Could the club not donate to UFS and help them with logistics of a ground wide tifo.

I appreciate what the club does in terms of trying to create a better atmosphere, but the UFS tifos are on another scale compared to anything the clubs ever done, in my opinion!

Not that i'm a spokesman or a member as such, but am on reasonable terms with a few of them.

They don't want funding from the club as I understand it, as that leads to the club wanting an input on designs etc.

They want it to be there work etc, and I admire them for that.

6 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Not that i'm a spokesman or a member as such, but am on reasonable terms with a few of them.

They don't want funding from the club as I understand it, as that leads to the club wanting an input on designs etc.

They want it to be there work etc, and I admire them for that.

Yeah I can totally understand that. 

Maybe UFS could just give the club a hand in terms of designing & ideas then. I'd imagine they have enough to do already though!

Shame as the club could definitely benefit from their creativity. 

8 minutes ago, ScubaBlue said:

Yeah I can totally understand that. 

Maybe UFS could just give the club a hand in terms of designing & ideas then. I'd imagine they have enough to do already though!

Shame as the club could definitely benefit from their creativity. 

Yeah but the club prefer a # lol 

19 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Is that a ufs or club one tho.

Lead to believe club have pulled rank and ufs have decided not to compete from people I was talking to in brugge.

Hope this isn't true.

I'm no expert but surely fan displays derive their significance from the fact they are designed by, erm...the fans.

As soon as the club start doing them, it just becomes a brand promotion/marketing exercise and loses its meaning.

Nice club funded display for Porto then :rolleyes:

So frustrating. 

Must be the only ****ing club in the world who are stopping an active fan group from doing displays to do their own organised by the marketing department.

Don't know why we ****ing bother. 

11 minutes ago, AndWhat? said:

Nice club funded display for Porto then :rolleyes:

So frustrating. 

Must be the only ****ing club in the world who are stopping an active fan group from doing displays to do their own organised by the marketing department.

Don't know why we ****ing bother. 

Save you lot money and has the same effect IMO.

21 hours ago, leicesterseddon said:

Hope this isn't true.

I'm no expert but surely fan displays derive their significance from the fact they are designed by, erm...the fans.

As soon as the club start doing them, it just becomes a brand promotion/marketing exercise and loses its meaning.

Couldn't have put it better myself mate. 

Guest CityFan 06

Just hope there's no hashtags in this club funded one v Porto. UFS are, and have been successful in doing them because they are unique and original designs, with my favourite being Sunderland (H) 2015. 

52 minutes ago, Harry - LCFC said:

Really disappointing. Club displays just aren't the same because the people who organise them aren't anywhere near as passionate and don't understand the game like the fans do.

I think that's a bit unfair. There are huge Leicester fans working for the club, it's just the fact that they'll be restricted by the marketing/comms department at the club.

Real shame.

18 minutes ago, BrummieFOX said:

I think that's a bit unfair. There are huge Leicester fans working for the club, it's just the fact that they'll be restricted by the marketing/comms department at the club.

Real shame.

Yeah I suppose the point is that the people who make the big decisions on how it will look will be those who don't really get football

6 hours ago, Danizen said:

When was the last club funded one? Palace? I can't even remember what that one looked like and I can remember all the others.

the poppy one was club done (weren't it?) but obviously special occasion. looked dece. 

3 hours ago, The soup nazi said:

I wasn't lying, I thought that UFS were doing it. 

I'm so annoyed about it all I thought I'd keep off here and moan about it to my missus instead. 

Oh, sorry didn't mean to call you a liar :blush: I knew you were part of UFS and the last post was from you saying it was UFS then everyone started moaning about the club with no new input I could see.

So UFS were planning one and the club said no we will do it. Any reason? Have some of the complaints from the last one got back to the club, or do they want to do a full ground display?

When you do them do the club have to approve the design before they give permission?

If the club are organising a display then perhaps they should think about doing it in the Family/North/Lineker Stand (whatever it's called) so those of us in the Kop can see it from our end rather than having to wait for after match photo's as usual. Would also look better on the camera angles of having that as the backdrop when the players do the pre-match handshakes. Make a nice change.

Guest CityFan 06

If the club do do a Tifo, I'd rather have plain like previous times (FOXES v Palace) as opposed to something with a hashtag. 

2 hours ago, CityFan 06 said:

If the club do do a Tifo, I'd rather have plain like previous times (FOXES v Palace) as opposed to something with a hashtag. 

If it's done by the club it cannot be called a Tifo. It goes against everything the word stands for. 

The clubs poppy one was very good but I haven't got a clue why they've come in on this one when it was agreed that UFS were doing it.

I'm not sure what the motive would be behind that. They've got people willing to put the money and hours into sorting it themselves (and with that comes a bit more credibility too), why would they over-rule that? Just doesn't make a jot of sense to me.

Archived