Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Leicester Internationals 2016/17

14 hours ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Chelsea will offer loftus cheek ridiculous wages and he will sit on the bench & in 4 years time the pundits will bang on on why he  hasn't reached his potential 

Absolutely right. And one of the many reasons, I think, why we never do any good internationally. The 'starlets' so to speak, hit the barrier of not being able to break into the domestic side, at about 20/21, and if they can't progress then, they stagnate. Chelsea have tons of kids of a similar, very good, ability. But they'll go out in the summer and sign another three world class players, and send their own superb youngsters out on loan...again.

Shinji starts.

Japan v Thailand WCQ kicks off at 11.30 am UK time. Osako has been keeping Shinji out of the team recently, but he was injured against UAE last week, so Shinji is back - as the lone striker in a 4-2-3-1 formation.

The Japanese commentators are calling Okazaki's goal 'Shinji-rashii' - typical Shinji. Here's how he talks about it in his book:

When I was very young I played for Takarazuka Juniors FC. The thing my coach repeatedly taught me was the diving header. "Don't be afraid, fly in head first!" he said. Even for low crosses, he drilled it into us. If you were scared of using your head, he'd grab you and do a giant swing on you like a wrestler. Recently my hair has started thinning. Maybe all that practice destroyed the roots.

The commentators have also made a lot of Shinji's intelligent off the ball running that makes space for team mates. Nice to see that being recognized.

7 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

gotoku sakai & yoshinori muto would be great for leicester . any other good japanese players we should sign? :D

Genki Haraguchi is the one to look out for. His game is similar to Albrighton's. (Not the no-look first time balls into the channel, more the intelligent direct running). He

looks made for the PL. I'd be so chuffed if we signed him. Easily Japan's stand out player of the WCQs. Currently in Germany with Hertha.

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Absolutely right. And one of the many reasons, I think, why we never do any good internationally. The 'starlets' so to speak, hit the barrier of not being able to break into the domestic side, at about 20/21, and if they can't progress then, they stagnate. Chelsea have tons of kids of a similar, very good, ability. But they'll go out in the summer and sign another three world class players, and send their own superb youngsters out on loan...again.

The English players who play for top clubs get dragged by foreigners. Man city's best players are aguero and de Bruyne. Man utds is zlatan, Chelsea's are hazard, Costa and Kantè, Liverpools Manè and countinho, possibly Lallana. Tottenham are the only team that dosent apply. 

10 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

And we don't ever play Thailand. Which is strangely surprising, all things considered.

Yep, keeps are generally good shot stoppers in the prem and defenders are good at defending low crosses, that's why.

• 1 month later...

Archived