Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Leicester Internationals 2016/17

2 hours ago, brucey said:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/leicesters-danny-drinkwater-set-talks-10088089

Gareth Southgate is planning talks with Danny Drinkwater over the Leicester midfielder’s England future.

Drinkwater did not make the final cut for then-manager Roy Hodgson’s Euro 2016 squad after being involved in the pre-tournament friendlies, and was not in Southgate’s squad for Wednesday's friendly in Germany and the weekend's World Cup qualifier against Lithuania either.

The new England boss is keen to include the 27-year-old, but he is currently going game-to-game “managing” a long-running groin issue so the international break was seen as a chance for him to rest.

There is a feeling England would push the issue harder if Drinkwater was vital to their plans, but they also want to know if he is keen on having an international career.

The player is also believed to be reluctant to report if he is just going to be making up the numbers, when he needs to rest that injury problem.

-------

I get the impression that Drinky doesn't really want to play for England, but is avoiding bad press by bringing up 'injuries' as an excuse and hoping he'll be quietly dropped from contention eventually....

I get the impression he's still royally ****ed off he wasn't on the Eurostar in the summer. Why would he want to go and train with England when he's managing an injury to see players like Jake Livermore start ahead of him?

If anything it reads to me like he'd love to play.

7 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Defoe to start tomorrow ahead of Vardy.

Shame for JV

Against a weak side, playing the more natural finisher makes some sense although vards would be entitled to be pissed off having done the hard work midweek. However, with the weeks we have ahead of us, I wouldnt be too upset to see him having a rest 

Archived