Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Leicester Internationals 2016/17

1 hour ago, rn9013 said:

I hope he gets another just for the comments made by the ITV 'pundits' earlier. Apparently Defoe should be playing ahead of Vardy as he takes every chance, never misses and has certainly never missed the target. 

Defoe has bagged 14 goals for Sunderland this season. Let that sink in. 14 goals, for Sunderland. 

Vardy has hardly been on form this season and plus as others have mentioned, against a team bound to park the bus you lose the benefit of Vardy getting in behind with his pace. It makes perfect sense and given Defoe scored too I don't see how you can have any complaints.

1 hour ago, foxes21 said:

vardy has 6 goals in 16 apps

kane 5 goals in 17 apps

most of vardy's apps were from the subs bench too.

Yep, 6 goals in 830 minutes vs. 5 in 1092, that's one goal more in 262 minutes (+- 3 matches) less.

Put another way it's a goal every 138 minutes vs one every 218.

30 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

Defoe has bagged 14 goals for Sunderland this season. Let that sink in. 14 goals, for Sunderland. 

Vardy has hardly been on form this season and plus as others have mentioned, against a team bound to park the bus you lose the benefit of Vardy getting in behind with his pace. It makes perfect sense and given Defoe scored too I don't see how you can have any complaints.

Perfectly understand why Defoe started, no complaints at all. My comment was a sarcastic dig at the way the pundits were falling over the guy, if I hadn't of known who they were discussing I'd have thought Messi had discovered a long lost English aunt and was going to start for England. 

I have to say though the whole England set up bores me these days. I don't know what it is, I just can't seem to get into the international break anymore. I can't wait for domestic football to restart next weekend. 

1 hour ago, ajthefox said:

Would have made more sense to included Carroll and play him, how he can be left out of the squad, he's such a great plan B

3 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Agreed. Just lump it forward-get crosses in.

I don't see the point in just picking Vardy, Rashford and Defoe! Against Iceland last summer when we need a goal, Carroll would have been a great option!

Media wittering on about Defoe being 34 -Vardy isn't far behind.

He looked pretty sharp though the drugs are working .Still spends a lot of time on the back post slot behind the defenders I'm assuming he feels he is out of their eyeline and can move from there.

TBH probably the best possible outcome for Vardy as an LCFC fan. Only had to play 30 minutes, but scored to keep his confidence high.

He will never lead the line in major matches for England but with 6 goals he's moved from bit-part player to an important squad player. Barring a dramatic collapse in form or injury, he will almost certainly be in the next WC squad.

Just now, Finnegan said:

The irony of not picking Carroll now is he's twice the player he was when Liverpool bought him and he got an England call up by virtue of playing for the big teams.

I really don't like Carroll but even I would pick him. He offers something completely different. The ultimatum plan B in my opinion. I would take Vardy, Kane, Rashford and Carroll next summer. 

8 hours ago, STUHILL said:

I really don't like Carroll but even I would pick him. He offers something completely different. The ultimatum plan B in my opinion. I would take Vardy, Kane, Rashford and Carroll next summer. 

When these poor nations just sit back like Lithuania or even iceland did it would be perfect for carrol just to play that old fashioned role up top. Crazy how we dont want this option.

Regarding Carroll, it's like he's just not 'fashionable'. Or, that type of player isn't 'fashionable'. The modern game seems to almost frown upon the bigger, rampaging type of strikers, like your Carroll's and your Duncan Ferguson's. or dare I say it, your Iwan Roberts.

Well sod fashion...if it works to play these type of players, it works. Why on earth we don't even consider Carroll as an option is daft imo.

Andy Carroll is not an England player because he's ****ing dreadful. He only ever has been one because he played for a big club.

The next Andy Carroll/Tom Cleverley is Jesse Lingard.

He's a disastrous player.

29 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

No Nigerian game today because there aren't enough players lol 

British embassy in morocco screwed up Burkino Faso players visa apps so couldn't get enough players over

apparently Nigeria are putting on a practice match for whoever turns up

2 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Andy Carroll is not an England player because he's ****ing dreadful. He only ever has been one because he played for a big club.

The next Andy Carroll/Tom Cleverley is Jesse Lingard.

He's a disastrous player.

Haha. You and your hyperbole.

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

British embassy in morocco screwed up Burkino Faso players visa apps so couldn't get enough players over

apparently Nigeria are putting on a practice match for whoever turns up

Are they back from AFCON then? 

55 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Haha. You and your hyperbole.

You must have been away a week ago when he missed two utter sitters and was generally kept in the pocket of a man who made his first Premier League start for us despite being here for 2 years.

If he's England international quality then so help us.

U21's looking sharp tonight. Loftus Cheek is some player, needs to get out of Chelsea like John Swift (also good) has! Unless he's been told he's getting a chance next season.

Gray has just come on, given another chance after (in his own words) a shocker against Germany. 

54 minutes ago, AjcW said:

U21's looking sharp tonight. Loftus Cheek is some player, needs to get out of Chelsea like John Swift (also good) has! Unless he's been told he's getting a chance next season.

Gray has just come on, given another chance after (in his own words) a shocker against Germany. 

Chelsea will offer loftus cheek ridiculous wages and he will sit on the bench & in 4 years time the pundits will bang on on why he  hasn't reached his potential 

13 hours ago, AjcW said:

Chelsea have got so many talented young players. Lewis Baker looks class and that lad who's gone on loan to Huddersfield. Then there's Tammy Abraham and about 30 others.

Archived