Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Leicester Internationals 2016/17

8 minutes ago, TheMightySystem said:

Mentions that he is missing Drinkwater?

I get the feeling Danny doesn't want to play for England, he can't be injured again or we would have heard about it in the Press Conference. 

Some of our fans were calling for Deeney to get pick - he was never going to be but only having 3 strikers does show we are lacking (I presume if Kane was fit one of the strikers picked wouldn't be in it?)

Defoe is the man in form I guess and it seems Vardy's form has picked up for you guys.

Rashford is one for the future but not played much this season has he?

On 15/03/2017 at 11:48, Aus Fox said:

That's what I was getting at Albrighton, is so far away from the England squad, yet Some terrible players have been called up to the England Squad based on playing for Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool etc. based on the assumption that playing in Europe makes them better players.

*Wes Morgan is Jamaican 

He's bloody English lol Like Andy King. 

They should sack this referring to players by the country they play for, he was born in Nottingham, bought up in Nottingham, never bloody left Nottingham until we signed him. I don't even think either of us parent are directly Jamaican are they?

4 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

He's bloody English lol Like Andy King. 

They should sack this referring to players by the country they play for, he was born in Nottingham, bought up in Nottingham, never bloody left Nottingham until we signed him. I don't even think either of us parent are directly Jamaican are they?

I think it's through his gran. To be fair, before last season, if I had been Morgan, unknown to the protection of narrow and compact play, I would have fancied my chances with Jamaica over England...

Strange that Danny doesn't seem to be available for England even though he plays for us. This will be the second time on the bounce that he will play PL games either side of an international break and not be available for call up. Must have an underlying condition for Southgate to be ok about it. 

On BBC Site Iain Dennis refers to Drinkwater's 'fitness programme'

Danny Drinkwater isn't injured - he will play for Leicester this weekend - but due to his fitness programme probably wouldn't benefit by being with England next week. 

On 3/15/2017 at 11:31, Aus Fox said:

Quiz Question:

before you begin, I have no idea of the answer.

Who was the last Englishman to score a goal in a Champions League/European cup knockout game and never play for England?

Gone right back to 2007/08, it hadn't happened at that point.

1 hour ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

England dominate the ball, this means Simpson is very ineffective because he's no good going forward.

Simpson is worth a place in the squad.  I agree that he is ineffective going foward which is what England want with their full backs, but defensivley he is quality - very few get past him.  If England were one goal up with 15 minutes to go in a major tournament surely Simpson has to be an option off the bench?

Danny Drinkwater has ruled himself out of England selection so he can continue to play a key role for Leicester City in the Premier League and Champions League.

There was surprise today when Drinkwater was excluded from Gareth Southgate's England squad despite playing regularly for City.

However, Drinkwater was not named in the squad because of an injury issue, believed to be related to a groin problem he had earlier in the season.

It is not serious enough to stop Drinkwater playing for City and he is expected to feature against West Ham United on Saturday, but it is something that the City medical staff are managing so it doesn't deteriorate into an injury that will sideline him.

It has been unanimously decided it is better for Drinkwater to rest during next week's international break rather than overload the injury and cause it to become a serious problem

On 15/03/2017 at 11:31, Aus Fox said:

Quiz Question:

Who was the last Englishman to score a goal in a Champions League/European cup knockout game and never play for England?

I would guess Steve Bruce.

Got a few in 93/94 Champions League.

7 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Some of our fans were calling for Deeney to get pick - he was never going to be but only having 3 strikers does show we are lacking (I presume if Kane was fit one of the strikers picked wouldn't be in it?)

Defoe is the man in form I guess and it seems Vardy's form has picked up for you guys.

Rashford is one for the future but not played much this season has he?

Would have picked Deeney over Defoe all day in a friendly. We all know what Defoe can do and it's not like he's one for the future.

21 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Good shout, scored the competition's fastest hat trick, but Blackburn didn't get out of their group.

Edit: David May against Porto in 97!

Of course the question was about the knockout stages.

Guest CityFan 06

I think the call-ups for Keane, especially Defoe and also Vardy were fair. 

Sounds a sensible move by all parties re. Drinkwater, it's a shame he can't feature for England as we all know he can be top draw, but it could be beneficial in the long run with our schedule.

On 15/03/2017 at 11:31, Aus Fox said:

Quiz Question:

Shola Ameobi scored a brace against Bayer Leverkusen in the second round 2003. I know he has made appearances for Nigeria, but he didn't declare himself for that nation until 2011, so in 2003 he was officially an uncapped English player. 

14 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

Shola Ameobi scored a brace against Bayer Leverkusen in the second round 2003. I know he has made appearances for Nigeria, but he didn't declare himself for that nation until 2011, so in 2003 he was officially an uncapped English player. 

He also scored against Barca, but that was the 2nd group stage, not the knockout stage.

Archived