Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

January Transfer Gossip

34 minutes ago, brucey said:

Ranieri pushed hard for both Inler and Benalouane, they were both his idea, not Walsh's. And he was happy to drop them once he realised they weren't great.

Yes, Inler and Benalouane are the typ of player Ranieri normaly prefers: big, strong and a lot of experience

in one of the major european leagues.

But Kapustka? He is thin as a rake, has not much experience and hails from a second rate (at best)

polish league.

2 hours ago, genkfan said:

He has played in Genk before leaving for Anderlecht. Player made for the premier league, powerfull, impressive in the box. His feet could be better and he has a 'special' character. 

Had to leave Genk because of his character, I was a bit surprised that he left Genk for Anderlecht and not the premier league. 

I'm personally a bigger fan of his colleague back then, Christian Kabasele, but he doesn't get minutes in Watford, god knows why.

What are your thoughts on Leon Bailey? Good enough for the premier league? 

Unfortunately, we are going to have to spend big in this window just to sort out issues we didn't address in the summer window, and also some we did or at least tried to, but haven't quite worked out. 

I was hoping 1-2 players would be enough, but the more we continue to play like this, the more players I think we need to add, especially defensively. 

A top CM is an absolute must and maybe even 2, if Mendy continues to struggle. We also need to sign at least one CB, as Morgan and Huth are not performing anywhere near the levels they were last season. I'm hoping that once we sort the midfield problem out, the strikers will all benefit, and will see a real change in Vardy especially. 

3-4 players now needed minimum I would say, unless we see some real signs that some of these players are back to their best. 

Due to crazy costs in January, I would look to buy 2 and loan 2, as a lot of the top clubs will be looking to trim the fat and get some of their players some game time. Players like Zouma perhaps on a 6month loan might be a possibility or Schneiderlin etc. 

2 hours ago, harpendenfox said:

Interestingly we have conceded the same amount of goals as we had this time last season, when we were third. It's creativity which is the problem that needs to be addressed

Mahrez had 9 assists to Vardy, this season he hasn't even managed 9 passes to Vardy.

8 hours ago, Harry96 said:

What are your thoughts on Leon Bailey? Good enough for the premier league? 

Bailey is a special special player. On his age already more decisive then Kevin De Bruyne was. He has everything to become very big. There is one downside to the player, his management. Bailey himself is very down to earth, hardworking and ambitious. His 'stepdad' is a loose cannon. Not only does he want to get Bailey to the absolute top in football, he has other players (like his real son Kyle Butler who signed for Genk (probably a package deal with Leon)) in all kinds of shady clubs and constructions and wants to work his way up as a manager. 

I think, in the end he wants to do his best for Leon and his son but he lacks intelligence and gets really nervous every transferwindow. Bailey should stay untill the end of the season he still has some steps to make before he is (and will be) ready for Europe's biggest clubs. He is not consistent enough, yet.

PS Good luck against Bruges, not our favorite team in Belgium. I could live with a 5-0 win for your team ;-)

Reading you guys are going for Milivojevic, even better that would increase the chance that Ndiddi stays. But that Milivojevic failed in the Belgian competition (Anderlecht) because everything went to fast. That guy in the BPL, hope your scouts know that the Greek league is not better that 3th or 4th division.

37 minutes ago, KingKante said:

I expect us to trim some fat off the squad in January. Free up some wages, sell ulloa/beneloune/wasil/schlupp get a few pennies in the kitty and buy some real quality in midfield and defence.:ulloa::schlupp::wasyl:

FFS We still got GTF in the squad.

It's all down to the players who would want to come.

If they want to come, they'll want to play and impress.

Watched Leeds on Sunday, Jansson is a good shout, Charlie Taylor also impressed.

We'll see but they'll be coming in to a team low in confidence and probably in the bottom three, four or five.

On current form I can't see us beating Sunderland or Boro. So our season will start Jan 2017 with 40 points the target. :(

william carvalho. watched sporting against real this morning, carvalho was a standout from both sides, he is tall strong and has a great past and vision. forget silva we need this bloke in the midfield. 

Archived