Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

January Transfer Gossip

January can be a notoriously difficult and expensive time to buy players.

But...I don't think we have a choice. If we can't get Mendy fit (who IS unfortunately now looking like a sick note for the club), we are so light in the midfield (and in other areas) we need to buy better or we are in real risk of being dragged right down IMO.

One of my mates last night said we are now looking like the Pearson side that very nearly got relegated. He's right.

Central midfielder and centre half obviously an absolute must..if we go down the route of pursuing a more cultured central midfielder, we have to ally that with a centre half who is capable of passing the ball and not treating it like unexploded ordnance.

Was hugely impressed with Zanka for FC Copenhagen in both games. 

3 hours ago, martyn said:

Central midfielder and centre half obviously an absolute must..if we go down the route of pursuing a more cultured central midfielder, we have to ally that with a centre half who is capable of passing the ball and not treating it like unexploded ordnance.

I agree, Jansson from Leeds looks impressive, his loan ends in January! Torino want about £12m for him.

I can't help but feel that some of the better players who may have considered joining pre season may not be so keen now given our current position.

Sigurdsson would be a nice addition however i don't think we stand a chance with that!

5 hours ago, martyn said:

I agree, Jansson from Leeds looks impressive, his loan ends in January! Torino want about £12m for him.

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Currently watching Barcelona vs Real Scoiedad.

Every time I see Inigo Martinez he impresses me. Would love to sign him. Still only 25. Would probably cost about 25m but he'd do wonders for us.

He's 5ft 11. I want a CB who's good with his feet and is a giant(6ft 4/5) who's going to be a beast in both boxes, like van Dijk.

Would love to end January with something like this;

Schmeichel

Mario Hernandez Martinez Fuchs

Drinkwater(c) Silva

Mahrez Ilicic Musa

Slimani

And to start actually playing a nice attacking, free flowing, passing game. If we're going to get shit results, at least play decent football

That would probably cost something like;

Gaspar - 15m

Martinez - 20m (he's actually in the last year of his contract)

Silva - 30m

Ilicic - 15m

I know that this won't happen, but I really hope we use this position we're in to pull in talent.

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Would love to end January with something like this;

Schmeichel

Mario Hernandez Martinez Fuchs

Drinkwater(c) Silva

Mahrez Ilicic Musa

Slimani

And to start actually playing a nice attacking, free flowing, passing game. If we're going to get shit results, at least play decent football

That would probably cost something like;

Gaspar - 15m

Martinez - 20m (he's actually in the last year of his contract)

Silva - 30m

Ilicic - 15m

I know that this won't happen, but I really hope we use this position we're in to pull in talent.

I'm jealous of teams that knock the ball about and keep possession now. I'd love Leicester to keep the ball and knock it around creating chances! That is the dream!!

Schmeichel

simpson     Jorgensen   Jansson     Fuchs 

Mendy 

Adrien Silva  Drinkwater

Mahrez                                                Musa

Slimani  

this is my dream X11 after the transfer window.

If we are in, or near the drop zone in January, we won't get any of the players

we really want/need.

Just a reminder: this summer, when we were in a much better

bargaining position, we were unable to sign Deeney and Keane,

although we had been willing to spend 45m for the pair. 

I fear, many in this forum are vastly overrating the

attractivness of LCFC.

The only way to get any of the above mentioned players would be

to offer them outrageous wages (>120k/week) and generous 

release clauses.

I doubt, that the owners would be inclined to do that.

6 hours ago, NewEnglandFox said:

Leeds are in the playoff places. I don't think we're going to pry players out of there too easily. However, Wolves are shit and the rumors for Iorfa have started. £5MM with West Ham, Southampton, and Palace in.

Leeds don't own Jansson, he's on a 6 month loan. Leeds are refusing to pay the £12m that Torino want for him!

20 minutes ago, DreemaOfficial said:

as for Scheiderlin, didnt Moron'iho say he wont sell to any competing teams? Doubt he will sell to a Prem team tbh and i think the Milano teams would probably pop in a bid, they seem to want everyone at the moment.

I don't think we quite qualify as 'competing' at the moment. Though it wouldn't surprise me if we finished above Man U and they capitulate this season.

On sky bet we are not listed on the Michael Keane next club to join bet but we are listed on the berahino one and the James Mccarthy one. I know this means **** all but I found it interesting that sky aren't considering us as contenders to sign Keane. To be fair though, if united and Chelsea are in for him we won't have a chance. Mccarthy would be a good signing though 

Archived