Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Burnley (H) Post Match Thread 3 - 0

2 minutes ago, thegaffa said:

I thought Amartey was very good, won nearly all his physical battles, won a lot of headers and played simple and effective football.

^ See my above post.

Maybe it's just me being crazy, but I felt that (other than being good in the air), he missed a lot of passes and interceptions, and gifted the ball away cheaply on a number of occasions.

It also seemed like he was scared of the ball, and tried to pass it away immediately to the closest player, even if he was in a better position than the person he was trying to pass it to.

I am so not into overly PC stuff... but it baffles me that we would show support to a player on our team by singing about Him breaking his deeply held religious beliefs.  'Slimani, loves a bacon sarnie'. Uncreative... but more to the point somewhat offensive to the very player you are supposedly supporting!

Fuccccccking hell Slimani is good. I heard Ulloa and Okazaki's gulp from 600 miles away. 

Easy really. Barely troubled by them. Everyone was great. Only thing I would like to have seen is Musa but I suppose he will start on Wednesday. 

Also that 'chant' for Slimani needs to go in the bin. Good job he doesn't know any English. 

17 minutes ago, Charl91 said:

^ See my above post.

Maybe it's just me being crazy, but I felt that (other than being good in the air), he missed a lot of passes and interceptions, and gifted the ball away cheaply on a number of occasions.

It also seemed like he was scared of the ball, and tried to pass it away immediately to the closest player, even if he was in a better position than the person he was trying to pass it to.

I too thought Amartey played really well...His positioning was much better and won a lot as per the Swansea game.

Very very happy with that.

First half  we showed flashes, Second half we schooled them.

Everyone of our lot was superb. Zieler changing direction to make that save was amazing.

Special shout out to to Dumb as F**k Burnley fan after the game 'They may be champions but if you took Mahrez and Vardy out they would be shit' Yep removing the PFA and Premier League Player of the year may have an effect on the performance of the side.

Brilliant response to last week's loss even if it was Burnley and, more importantly, Slimani scored 2 goals on his home (and league) debut!!! Fingers crossed he is in form and carrying on from where he left off from Sporting.

Relieved we stopped the rot for the time being - the CL win obviously lifted the team too - certainly until the Old Trafford game anyway :unsure:. Surely a point there would be nothing short of a minor victory. A win would put us right back in the mix!!! Steady on, I know!!!

Think Ranieri has found his first eleven with the team that started today (with Kasper and Zieler interchangeable). Cannot believe we have posters who did not rate Armarteys performance. This guy is 21 and has started only three games as our DM and he looks like he totally belongs. We have a fantastic player who is only going to get better. Yes he occasionally gets a little too far forward and as a result can get caught wrong side of a midfielder in front of the defense, but he's learning and you could see Morgan pointing it out to him late in the game. Let's not measure him up against Kante who was pretty much perfection in our system. Slimani is a huge upgrade on Okazaki, holds up the ball when needed and allows us to get players forward, carries a physical threat, works extremely hard and looks like a goal machine as well. The perfect partner for Vards and the team. 

I think this team fit and settled is better than last years team, as we have a much bigger goal threat and better link up play. I like seeing Mahrez and Albrighton switching sides more often, it make it much harder for teams to put two players on Mahrez.

We will be much more effective against teams that "park the bus"and we now have someone to get on the end of crosses.

looking forward to seeing Kaputska in the Chesea game and think we are going to be perfectly set up to go to Old Trafford and give United some payback for the Charity Shield loss. 

Remember it took Ranieri five games to get it right last season.

Archived