Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Burnley (H) Post Match Thread 3 - 0

Mahrez back to his scintillating best with some great wing play, Slimani gives us more of an aerial threat and works hard which is pleasing to see but more importantly scores goals. Oka bless him hadnt managed his second league goal for us until 21st of November last season whilst its taken Slimani 47 mins. No pressure then to keep scoring! All jokes a side its great to now look at the team sheet and think "he can score today" for another player, something I never feel with Oka.

Cracking performance and we made Burnley look woeful. Up to 9th and 3 points away from 2nd place. The league is ours again lol 

Feeling good after that and the Bruges game. Thought first half we were okay, but looked a lot better 2nd.

Slimani looks a very good signing. I thought Shinji was the weakest link last season, and that we lacked height in the first XI. I think Slim will improve us up front quite a lot. Good in the air and good on the ball. He should link up with Vardy better as they play together more. He'll make us even better on set pieces, too.

We might be weaker in midfield after losing Judas, but we're stronger up front, and have more strength in depth. We're still yet to see what Mendy's capable of, and Amartey's only 21, is it?

Burnley were rubbish, but the last two performances should give the team a lift. Looking forward to Utd away. I think we could do well there.

Slimani was brilliant. Like an Okazaki / Ulloa hybrid, but with goals.

Albrighton and Fuchs both amazing. As was Drinkwater.

Not Vardy's best game, but he's never going to be as effective against the Burnley Wall that they built outside their box.

Still not impressed with Amartey - other than against Swansea, I don't think he's been great. On at least three occasions, he lost the ball easily, didn't particularly make any tackles, and he never ever attempts a pass more than 6 yards. He has the physical attributes, but not sure he has the technique or the mental awareness. Think I'd prefer to see Mendy given a run back in the team, when fit, though on the other hand, you don't want to change a squad on a good run.

(Plus, Mendy might not be much better)

5 minutes ago, Charl91 said:

Not Vardy's best game, but he's never going to be as effective against the Burnley Wall that they built outside their box.

Still not impressed with Amartey - other than against Swansea, I don't think he's been great. On at least three occasions, he lost the ball easily, didn't particularly make any tackles, and he never ever attempts a pass more than 6 yards. He has the physical attributes, but not sure he has the technique or the mental awareness. Think I'd prefer to see Mendy given a run back in the team, when fit, though on the other hand, you don't want to change a squad on a good run.

I thought he played very well today

4 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

I thought he played very well today

Really? Football is all about opinions, I suppose!

In my opinion, he didn't offer anything creatively (which is fair enough, it's not his job), but then didn't particularly offer enough in the defensive department to compensate for this. Seemed to be in the wrong place to intercept a lot of passes, and lost the ball a little cheaply on a number of occasions.

I feel that Mendy would be better, as he seems to have a better range of passing. Amartey's still young, so will always get better, but currently I don't think is good enough for our starting 11. Happy with him as back up to close out games, but I feel that he's a weak link atm.

Even so, a brilliant win today, so can't complain!!

8 minutes ago, Charl91 said:

I thought Amartey was very good, won nearly all his physical battles, won a lot of headers and played simple and effective football.

Archived