Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Demarai Gray

1 hour ago, Johnthefoxrayner said:

So negative about our players, I find it strange that some of you like to slag of our players, Up the  FOXES 

If you can name one of players that would genuinely get in the strongest spurs XI without being pointlessly blue-tinted about it I'd be shocked.

It's not slagging players off, it's just being sensible. 

Would actually prefer to have Gray's speed and style-of-play off the bench when the team is level after half-time and when the yeam needs more pace etc, than see him being found out for much of a game imo.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

5 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Would actually prefer to have Gary's speed and style-of-play off the bench when the team is level after half-time and need more pace etc, than see him being found out for much of a game imo.

Sadly not going to happen as tragically he committed suicide a few years ago. :ph34r:

RIP

Edited by Blue Fox 72

2 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Thank God Puel's had the balls to bench him. If he wants to act like a kid he can play with the U23s. Talented, but needs to grow up.

So I take it you wanted Mahrez dropped for sulking when subbed like a small child then too?

2 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

So I take it you wanted Mahrez dropped for sulking when subbed like a small child then too?

Bit different to having multiple strops during a match like Gray at WHam, one of which resulted in stopping to remonstrate and missing a clear opportunity to score. 

30 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Bit different to having multiple strops during a match like Gray at WHam, one of which resulted in stopping to remonstrate and missing a clear opportunity to score. 

how many times a game does he lose the ball then lie there asking for a foul (when it was a perfect tackle) whilst the other team are now attacking where he should be? stop jumping on everything Gray does and excusing everything Mahrez does its pathetic

Personally felt a bit sorry for Gray when he came on tonight as we had spent most of the second half defending our lead and he clearly is not a tackling ball winning kind of player, plus his defensive positioning can be suspect.

So a surprising managerial decision to reduce our defensive and attacking capabilities (to me Mahrez is superior in both aspects) but maybe Puel thought he needs the experience. 

So Gray was really in a no win situation and ended up basically contributed little.

1 hour ago, Larry_LCFC said:

His decision making is really, really bad. Needs to learn when to pass the bloody ball and stop trying to be a hero.

think he made all the right decisions when he came on tonight, for the Slimani pass you could argue that Slim should have checked his run more to open up the pass or you can say Gray put too much weight on it, depends what story you want to tell

4 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Over the years I think Mahrez has earned some right to patience, but yes, if his attitude is all wrong and performances poor then he should be dropped.

Problem with Gray is that both his on and off the pitch behaviour is now starting to paint an unattractive picture, possibly even divisive and disruptive to team spirit. If that is combined with poor performances, then yes, he needs to be taken down a peg or two.

37 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Over the years I think Mahrez has earned some right to patience, but yes, if his attitude is all wrong and performances poor then he should be dropped.

Problem with Gray is that both his on and off the pitch behaviour is now starting to paint an unattractive picture, possibly even divisive and disruptive to team spirit. If that is combined with poor performances, then yes, he needs to be taken down a peg or two.

only to people looking to paint that picture, and neutral fan wouldn't be of that opinion, its clear you and others actively dislike him, I would go as far to say many people actively want him to fail just so they can say I told you so about it. The stick Gray gets is vastly over the top for the "crimes" he is committing.

1000s of players throw their arms up when through on goal and the pass doesn't come, 1000s talk about being frustrated about not being in the team when interviewed about it but only Gray is the devil incarnate for doing so.

There are people questioning his decision making last night ,the only decision he had to make he made correctly, you could then either argue that he played a poor pass or that Slimani should have checked his run more to create a better angle, but that depends on what picture you want to paint

3 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

only to people looking to paint that picture, and neutral fan wouldn't be of that opinion, its clear you and others actively dislike him, I would go as far to say many people actively want him to fail just so they can say I told you so about it. The stick Gray gets is vastly over the top for the "crimes" he is committing.

1000s of players throw their arms up when through on goal and the pass doesn't come, 1000s talk about being frustrated about not being in the team when interviewed about it but only Gray is the devil incarnate for doing so.

There are people questioning his decision making last night ,the only decision he had to make he made correctly, you could then either argue that he played a poor pass or that Slimani should have checked his run more to create a better angle, but that depends on what picture you want to paint

I hope you're not referring to me because that would be ridiculous 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Just now, Colourmy said:

Never, never, never, never will he become a great footballer. He will leave us, bounce around for a year, go to the Championship briefly before settling on Solihull Moors or something.

Not in a million will he get better than us.

Alright then

7 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Alright then

5 minutes ago, Bryn said:

He's not developed significantly in his time here but I think it's vastly premature to write him off just yet.

I will be reasonably happy to be proved wrong but DG is a reasonable quality footballer but not with Premier League players around him. 

A good quality Championship side would benefit from him, much less speed of thought defenders would suit him. 

Like Nugent, great at a certain level!

Edited by Colourmy

13 minutes ago, Colourmy said:

Never, never, never, never will he become a great footballer. He will leave us, bounce around for a year, go to the Championship briefly before settling on Solihull Moors or something.

Not in a million will he get better than us.

Think you are wrong there Colourmy ...   (colour my what exactly ??) ...   let’s just wait and see ...  

3 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Think you are wrong there Colourmy ...   (colour my what exactly ??) ...   let’s just wait and see ...  

How long do we wait for? He hasn't forced anyone out yet!

( Upvc Windows)

Edited by Colourmy