Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Demarai Gray

2 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

What a surprise. An entitled attitude. 

In his mind he should've immediately displaced one of the wingers who won us the title. It's absurd. 

I think he's a great player but I do not like him as a person. 

He's probably a bit thick and has a greedy agent in his ear convincing him he's the next CR7.

Happy though he's in the team!

• Like 1

its a rehash of the same interview and again he wasn't complaining when Albrighton and Mahrez were on top form, he got annoyed when they were playing like shit every week and were still given protected status when they were no longer deserving of it

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

its a rehash of the same interview and again he wasn't complaining when Albrighton and Mahrez were on top form, he got annoyed when they were playing like shit every week and were still given protected status when they were no longer deserving of it

'held back for eighteen months' would suggest he felt like he ought be put into a team that has just won the league. 

I get that it people want to like him. But how many times can you say 'he's misunderstood...he doesn't mean it like that...he's just being candid.' 

His interviews are, at best, cold and, at worst, outright disrespectful towards the club. 

Just now, foxile5 said:

'held back for eighteen months' would suggest he felt like he ought be put into a team that has just won the league. 

I get that it people want to like him. But how many times can you say 'he's misunderstood...he doesn't mean it like that...he's just being candid.' 

His interviews are, at best, cold and, at worst, outright disrespectful towards the club. 

did he say he should be starting or simply getting more then a 5-10 min cameo over 4th game or so? I know people like you want to hammer him for the slightest thing you can jump on  but for pretty much the whole of last season our wingers were crap and he still wan't getting a game, he is doing this interview looking back so is basing the comments on how they actually played not what their reputations are.

I will not criticize a player for being unhappy that he isn't playing especially if the people in his position are playing shit week in week out

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

did he say he should be starting or simply getting more then a 5-10 min cameo over 4th game or so? I know people like you want to hammer him for the slightest thing you can jump on  but for pretty much the whole of last season our wingers were crap and he still wan't getting a game, he is doing this interview looking back so is basing the comments on how they actually played not what their reputations are.

I will not criticize a player for being unhappy that he isn't playing especially if the people in his position are playing shit week in week out

I've not 'hammered' him. Save your sensationalist hyperbole for Facebook.

It's unprofessional and it's not the first time he's whinged publicly. The old adage 'praise in public and criticise in private' springs to mind. 

But I suppose morons like you enjoy seeing dummies spat, fingers pointed and the giddy thrill of being able to slate the past.  

The salient point I've made repeatedly is that he's a good player, potentially great. But he's unprofessional and petulant. 

36 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

It's unprofessional and it's not the first time he's whinged publicly. The old adage 'praise in public and criticise in private' springs to mind. 

But I suppose morons like you enjoy seeing dummies spat, fingers pointed and the giddy thrill of being able to slate the past.  

The salient point I've made repeatedly is that he's a good player, potentially great. But he's unprofessional and petulant. 

I like your words, you use very good words. Sensationalist hyperbole is a fantastic description of the modern way, I couldn’t have put it better myself. (I’m not involving myself in this argument, I just enjoyed his word use.) :) touché.

6 hours ago, foxile5 said:

In his mind he should've immediately displaced one of the wingers who won us the title. It's absurd. 

Albrighton shouldn't be near the first 11 now. He's had one good game this season, maybe two at a push. Though he is good at hoofing the ball forwards constantly.

I don't care if he "won us the league". We've got two attacking creative players in Mahrez and Gray and hopefully now we've got a manager who will play them both.

Edited by Fox92

In my professional grown up life (away from ft) i have interviewed and hired many people.  Hiring the wrong person is a costly mistake.

To ensure i hired good people i often asked them about a challenging time or when things didnt work out well; and i asked them what their reflections were now.

I marked up those who took responibility and showed what theyd learned... i marked down those who felt everyťhing was someone else's fault. .they were hapless.

Here gray is suggesting that not one but two city managers wilfully held him back.  I wonder if he can identfy what they wanted from him and how he could have shown this. 

I would hope both cr and cs would have told him. If they didn't he should have asked and worked on it.  I hope that puel offering him this chance has not meant that he has failed to learn

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Albrighton is not good enough. Though he is good at hoofing the ball forwards constantly.

I don't care if he "won us the league". We've got two attacking creative players in Mahrez and Gray and hopefully now we've got a manager who will play them both.

But he did help us win the league ...   And he played most of the season ..   And no one complained at all.  Not only can he get back and defend but he puts the ball in the box (quite easily) for others to put it away.  There was even talk of an England call up ...   One of the most underrated players we've ever had.   Bloody hero in my book.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, foxile5 said:

But you like Vardy and Simpson as persons even though they have criminal records?  

Some people on here judt have a personal bias against Gray. 

Edited by Koke
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

He is frustrated, If he plays well I have no problem, its when he playing bad and shooting his mouth off I have a issue..

which he has never actually done as he hasn't played enough to be playing badly at any point in his career

8 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

But he did help us win the league ...   And he played most of the season ..   And no one complained at all.  Not only can he get back and defend but he puts the ball in the box (quite easily) for others to put it away.  There was even talk of an England call up ...   One of the most underrated players we've ever had.   Bloody hero in my book.

He puts one good cross in every 10.

I'm not denying what Albrighton (or any title winning player) has done here but ffs we can't carry on with them forever .... you have to move forward in football .. Fergie didn't keep Bruce year after year did he?

Albrighton has served us well but I prefer to be attacking and we've two players on either side to go at teams now instead of concentrating on defending first.

Edited by Fox92

58 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

if you call answering questions about his lack of game time that he is being asked in the context of his England U21 colleagues that do get game time being called up to the senior side whinging fine, we all know neither Ranieri nor Shakespeare had the balls to drop an underperforming Mahrez as neither did it so like it or not they did hold Gray back, out of fear, though what they were so fearful of ius anyones guess

Edited by Jimmy

9 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

what talk of an England call up as aside from on here or Talking Balls no where else was he mentioned

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

He puts one good cross in every 10.

I'm not denying what Albrighton (or any title winning player) has done here but ffs we can't carry on with them forever .... you have to move forward in football .. Fergie didn't keep Bruce year after year did he?

Albrighton has served us well but I prefer to be attacking and we've two players on either side to go at teams now instead of concentrating on defending first.

I'm not suggesting we play any of em forever, but we also shouldn't be so quick to cast them aside ...   Or play down what they bring to the team.  Not really sure how I got into this one as I think Gray should have more game time ...   When Riyad leaves in January it won't really matter anyway.  If he stays well you pick the form player ...    Easy as that really.

6 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

what talk of an England call up as aside from on here or Talking Balls no where else was he mentioned

There was plenty on here calling for him (and Simpson) to play for England. Not saying it was realistic but the way some on here have turned on him is pathetic.

• Like 2

blaming former managers for you not having a breakout performance is as petty as it gets.

i like gray, and he should start but, please stop making excuses for him! he, time after time when the manager played him opted to shot rather than pass 90% of the time!

marc lacks gray's ability, but he knows what he has to do. i remember the sunderland game where gray started and didn't impress, he left the game 0-0, marc entered with slim, he assisted both goals and was just fantastic!

that is childish from gray, he didn't set the pitch on fire when he was given time, and now he blames his former managers. smh!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Koke said:

But you like Vardy and Simpson as persons even though they have criminal records?  

Some people on here judt have a personal bias against Gray. 

No. I don't really to be honest. But then again they're not spouting off in the press and social media criticising the club and whining. 

Think we have to be honest here, Albrighton is a very limited player with a good right foot and a set of lungs on him. In that he'd be better suited as a right back and he's not defensively strong enough. He offered good balance to Riyad on the other wing but he neither helps us keep the ball or beats a man to unlock a defence. He's not good enough, even when on form

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

There was plenty on here calling for him (and Simpson) to play for England. Not saying it was realistic but the way some on here have turned on him is pathetic.

The way some people jump on the anti Gray bandwagon is more pathetic IMO. The abuse he gets on Twitter and Instagram is a disgrace. You'd think he was Joey Barton the way he gets hate. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, the fox said:

blaming former managers for you not having a breakout performance is as petty as it gets.

i like gray, and he should start but, please stop making excuses for him! he, time after time when the manager played him opted to shot rather than pass 90% of the time!

marc lacks gray's ability, but he knows what he has to do. i remember the sunderland game where gray started and didn't impress, he left the game 0-0, marc entered with slim, he assisted both goals and was just fantastic!

that is childish from gray, he didn't set the pitch on fire when he was given time, and now he blames his former managers. smh!

he's blaming them for never giving him the chance to have that breakout performance, how can anyone breakout when you get 10 mins when chasing the game and the ball is being lumped up route one style? It is simply a fact that neither Ranieri nor Shakespeare showed any faith in Gray to be anything more than a cameo sub to waste time in a game, in just 2 games Puel has shown more faith in him than either of the other 2 ever did

• Like 4