Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Demarai Gray

3 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

he's blaming them for never giving him the chance to have that breakout performance, how can anyone breakout when you get 10 mins when chasing the game and the ball is being lumped up route one style? It is simply a fact that neither Ranieri nor Shakespeare showed any faith in Gray to be anything more than a cameo sub to waste time in a game, in just 2 games Puel has shown more faith in him than either of the other 2 ever did

In just 2 games Puel destroyed the myth that Gray and Mahrez can't play together. Especially against bottom half opposition. If Puel hadn't come we would never know this cos Shakespeare would have persisted with the same personnel, and Gray would have come on in the 80th minute 0-2 down at Stoke.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

he's blaming them for never giving him the chance to have that breakout performance, how can anyone breakout when you get 10 mins when chasing the game and the ball is being lumped up route one style? It is simply a fact that neither Ranieri nor Shakespeare showed any faith in Gray to be anything more than a cameo sub to waste time in a game, in just 2 games Puel has shown more faith in him than either of the other 2 ever did

not counting the cup games (PL and CL only), he got 1194 minutes in 35 games, started 10 and came off the bench in 25. that's 9 PL starts right there, he averaged 34.11 minutes per appearance. that's very decent to say the least. he started 6 less games and played 357 minutes less than slimani last season (just to put things into perspective)

people are exaggerating about gray not getting enough time. he got enough time to impress and fell short. and that's on him

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Koke said:

In just 2 games Puel destroyed the myth that Gray and Mahrez can't play together. Especially against bottom half opposition. If Puel hadn't come we would never know this cos Shakespeare would have persisted with the same personnel, and Gray would have come on in the 80th minute 0-2 down at Stoke.

Gray himself has destroyed the myth that he is a liability defensively in those games too, I have long thought we could/should convert Albrighton to an attacking right back, he has the work ethic to learn what he needs to to play at full back and is already half way there as we have seen him do it at wing back, that way all 3 play

Just now, the fox said:

not counting the cup games (PL and CL only), he got 1194 minutes in 35 games, started 10 and came off the bench in 25. that's 9 PL starts right there, he averaged 34.11 minutes per appearance. that's very decent to say the least. he started 6 less games and played 357 minutes less than slimani last season (just to put things into perspective)

people are exaggerating about gray not getting enough time. he got enough time to impress and fell short. and that's on him

the number of mins doesn't tell the whole story though, what was the state of the game when he came on, were we trying to attack or just see a game out?

also he never got a run of games and all the experts always say players need a run of games to truly feel part of the team, its very rare he ever started 2 games in a row and it didn't matter what he did in the cup games as he knew he wasn't getting into the team, which is poor management

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

the number of mins doesn't tell the whole story though, what was the state of the game when he came on, were we trying to attack or just see a game out?

also he never got a run of games and all the experts always say players need a run of games to truly feel part of the team, its very rare he ever started 2 games in a row and it didn't matter what he did in the cup games as he knew he wasn't getting into the team, which is poor management

but he isn't a starter. if you want to start again, you have to impress (and he didn't).

you can't posibly give him the benefit of the doubt like you give the marc's and riyad's of the world. they proved that they can preforme in this team

if you are gonna offer the same as those 2 when they are underpreforming

dimigray.png.660bab8ca48752d263b73332e553a942.png

then i would rather play marc and riyad back to form

Edited by the fox

1 hour ago, the fox said:

but he isn't a starter. if you want to start again, you have to impress (and he didn't).

you can't posibly give him the benefit of the doubt like you give the marc's and riyad's of the world. they proved that they can preforme in this team

if you are gonna offer the same as those 2 when they are underpreforming

dimigray.png.660bab8ca48752d263b73332e553a942.png

then i would rather play marc and riyad back to form

Hasnt Gray proved that he can perform in this team?  I can see what those stats say, but stats are not the be all and end all, especially with a player who has not had the chances M and R have had in this team, amd regardless of stats i would still start Gray, or at least play him a lot more often. I'd be surprised if you think he doesnt have potential to be vastly superior to Albrighton, he's not far off that now

2 hours ago, the fox said:

Plays well for England that's prove enough in my eyes 

5 hours ago, Koke said:

I actually like Grays attitude. He wants to play. It's not about salary but personal ambition to play football and win things and get England caps. Look at Musa and Ulloa. They'd rather rot in the U23s than push for first team football here or elsewhere. 

I love his attitude. Keep your attitude as it is Demarai. This kind of drive and ambition is what English youngsters should have more of. If you weren't like this they would call you lazy and money grabbing and unambitious. You can't win, lad.

Almost every time he was given an opportunity under Ranieri and Shakespeare he was a disappointment, with perhaps flashes of brilliance. Yes, he should have had more chances to start, but I don't think anyone should expect to sulk their way into a team.

i'm very happy that he's now more established in the side and appears to be showing what he can do, but I wish he'd just shut up and get on with it.

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Almost every time he was given an opportunity under Ranieri and Shakespeare he was a disappointment, with perhaps flashes of brilliance. Yes, he should have had more chances to start, but I don't think anyone should expect to sulk their way into a team.

i'm very happy that he's now more established in the side and appears to be showing what he can do, but I wish he'd just shut up and get on with it.

And that's been my point also. He expects to dislodge hard working players by spouting off on social media and our fans buy it. 

This is the problem with young players on fifty grand a week. He's so entitled it's unbelievable. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jimmy said:

So we can't look at the raw facts which show he has had plenty of chances. 

Nor can we look at any game in which he would be required to work hard - IE the ones where at needed to do some work. 

We are, to judge how much he has been held back, only allowed to look at the games in which he's started and we've been playing well. 

But of course, you're completely objective. And he hasn't had any chance to succeed at all the poor, poor lad. He's been so hard done by it's almost criminal and I am surprised ALL he's doing is still constantly bitching to the media ; he is deserving of some retribution, premier league medal be damned. 

Christ almighty the blinkers are on with some folk. It's embarrassing the flak he gives in public and it shouldn't be encouraged. There are plenty of  players who act professionally at our club and he isn't one of them. He's a good player but he shouldn't be immune from criticism. 

• Like 1

Cluade Puel is good at making youngsters big. He did it with hazard. So gray would be stupid to not listen to Puel that is why he has started passing instead of shooting all the time is because he trusts Puel and didn't trust Claudio and Craig. 

However Gray bitching to the media like a clapped spoilt child whenever something goes bad is not so good.

Edited by DatfoxesKid23
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

Just typed in 'demarai Gray' in google, look at the results:

'Gray slams club' 

'Gray wants England call up'

'Gray says Shakespeare held him back'

Type in 'Solanke' into Google:

'Solanke blessed and honoured to be in England team'

i just think it's unprofessional and disrespectful to Leicester to say these things. 

If Gray would have scored a hat trick or been a stand out player in the recent u21 games he would be in the squad. To blame Leicester is a disgrace in my opinion. 

If he concentrates and works hard to stay in the team at Leicester, continues his good form it's possible he could even make the WC. 

He needs to worry about playing well for us first and foremost, it's like he feels entitled he should be in the England team (even though he has basically proved nothing yet), is he really that bothered about a pointless friendly? 

Get your head down son, stay out of the press, have a great season with Leicester and make it IMPOSSIBLE for Southgate to not pick you come the summer

Hahahaa what did you expect Solanke to say? He's just been called up to the England squad. This is a player who rejected a new deal at Chelsea as he was being held back, the same frustrations Demarai Gray has had. The difference is Gray does use social media to vent his feelings and rightly or wrongly that will give you a particular reputation but it can be argued both ways. I suggest in regards to Gray we all calm down a bit and see what happens in the next few months. He's now got the manager he needs in terms of having the faith to give him a run of games and genuinely believe in him. If he succeeds which I think he will do then great, if he doesn't then he's not got a leg to stand on and should shut up the little scrote.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

When he first joined he looked really good coming on for us in the title winning season, when the team was playing well, positive football with confidence.  After that everyone looked worse and as many have said he came on chasing games in a dog-s**t team feeling like scoring worldies was the only way he was going to get picked again.

He's clearly feeling a marked difference between the first two managers he had here and now Puel who actually seems to have faith in him and the squad

Ranieri started him in our first game of last season if I remember rightly.  We were rubbish and Gray didnt get much time after that - clearly Ranieri had no confidence in the guy or the team and thought that we could only aspire to play like West Brom, didnt dare play Gray after that, and Shakespeare followed suit.  Both managers decided we couldnt play positive football and it almost seems as though Gray was blamed for that first crap performance and never trusted again

Gray has had a right to be frustrated and legitimate reasons to want out until now, I was right there with him in being frustrated with team choices and how we were playing.  Maybe he could shut up more, but he's being interviewed and being honest.  Better than just throwing out the usual cliches and it shows ambition and passion. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Hahahaa what did you expect Solanke to say? He's just been called up to the England squad. This is a player who rejected a new deal at Chelsea as he was being held back, the same frustrations Demarai Gray has had. The difference is Gray does use social media to vent his feelings and rightly or wrongly that will give you a particular reputation but it can be argued both ways. I suggest in regards to Gray we all calm down a bit and see what happens in the next few months. He's now got the manager he needs in terms of having the faith to give him a run of games and genuinely believe in him. If he succeeds which I think he will do then great, if he doesn't then he's not got a leg to stand on and should shut up the little scrote.

Its just the diffirence between the two.

One (Gray) is basically saying he is one sir the best English attackers and he would be in the squad if he played regular. 

The other (Solanke) played well for the u21s and gets his call up.

its funny Gray is blaming managers for lack of playing time but Solanke has barely played a game for Liverpool yet is picked on his u21 performances.

56 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

Its just the diffirence between the two.

One (Gray) is basically saying he is one sir the best English attackers and he would be in the squad if he played regular. 

The other (Solanke) played well for the u21s and gets his call up.

its funny Gray is blaming managers for lack of playing time but Solanke has barely played a game for Liverpool yet is picked on his u21 performances.

I still don't get the comparison, had Solanke not been called up but didn't spout his mouth off in the press then I'd see what you're saying. Gray has also done very well for the U21's and had more game time than Solanke in the PL, I can see why he is frustrated but he's an easy target for mouthing off when things don't go his way.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2017 at 09:11, TheUltimateWinner said:

Nothing wrong with what he's said, he's right.

Mahrez and Albrighton have been indifferent at times this season, he deserved his chance a while back.

Maybe he is right.

Trouble is he didn't need to say it.  Just keep it shut Demarai and get on with it.

18 hours ago, foxile5 said:

And that's been my point also. He expects to dislodge hard working players by spouting off on social media and our fans buy it. 

This is the problem with young players on fifty grand a week. He's so entitled it's unbelievable. 

He obviously believes in his own talent

not many kids his age score goals like that against De Gea

His been a part of a team that won the league at a young age. 

His often earns rave reviews for the under 21s

He watched a player (in the same position) constantly play poorly and get selected last year that coincidentally stated he has no wish to be at the club anymore.

Whats wrong with him having a bit of ambition and dreaming of fulfilling his potential.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1