Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

Daniel Amartey

9 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Grow up kid.

I give praise where it's due and if you actually fookin read, you'll see I've given Amartey praise recently.

Grow up, I think it’s you that needs to.

The trouble with people like you is that you never give young players a chance to develop, you hammered him for near on 2 years ,now he is finding his feet, it’s all praise.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dayday said:

Grow up, I think it’s you that needs to.

The trouble with people like you is that you never give young players a chance to develop, you hammered him for near on 2 years ,now he is finding his feet, it’s all praise.

Meh. You're talking bollox. The difference between me and you is if Amartey goes on to have a stinker next week, I'll say so. 

Edited by Col city fan

23 minutes ago, dayday said:

I’ve got a very good memory, I suggest you scroll through the thread, and then tell me I’m talking bollox!

I have done. I've criticized Amartey when he's basically been shite. I've said if he's going to play anywhere, it's RB. He's not a central midfielder. RB is clearly his best position. I've praised him (numerous times) when he's been good.

In fact 'Day day' lol you can do one, son

:thumbup:

8C5CBF49-C63C-4DD0-92C3-7568468B23FC-245-0000005F06E5984D.jpeg

Edited by Col city fan

23 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I have done. I've criticized Amartey when he's basically been shite. I've said if he's going to play anywhere, it's RB. He's not a central midfielder. RB is clearly his best position. I've praised him (numerous times) when he's been good.

I wonder how good he is as a CB. I thought that's where he played sometimes for Ghana. Would be interesting to see how he fared there (not that we need to experiment in that way, now we have Maguire and Dragovich).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, deep blue said:

I wonder how good he is as a CB. I thought that's where he played sometimes for Ghana. Would be interesting to see how he fared there (not that we need to experiment in that way, now we have Maguire and Dragovich).

I think you're right mate. Harry and Drag look a great partnership so far. I'd leave Amartey at RB.

2 hours ago, Reg Vardy said:

Amartey, Gray, Nacho, N’Didi, Chilwell, Maguire......all under 23, all learning, all will improve....fantastic business by our Footbaall club, could add Diabate (?} to the list but never seen him play......

Stick in Barnes & Choudrey, admittedly not quite proven yet and we are looking extremely solid.

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

In fact 'Day day' lol you can do one, son

8C5CBF49-C63C-4DD0-92C3-7568468B23FC-245-0000005F06E5984D.jpeg

Which part of the thread did you read, from literally page 1 you hammered him and it never stopped.

Now that you have been proven wrong you try and cover your arse, false as fcuk

• Like 1

Amartey is doing a decent job filling in for Simpson and you get the feeling there is potential to develop a more forward thinking fullback there. As it is now, he's about as effective in the final third as Simpson (i.e. Not very good), but I feel he's superior in the middle third of the pitch. He's physically more imposing and despite his clunky style, he seems far more comfortable on the ball than Simpson. 

Hopefully he will have learned from his red card against Man Utd and not get hopelessly exposed or make rash decisions like that anytime soon.

Definitely improved with a few regular games, knuckles down and gets on with it and with Chilwell settling down as well it looks like we have a steady back 4 again (sign Dragovic in this window)

Must admit that he has looked woeful in earlier games and seemed to panic when receiving the ball, might just have nicked the RB slot from Simpson... :thumbup:

4 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Grow up kid.

I give praise where it's due and if you actually fookin read, you'll see I've given Amartey praise recently.

So you are finally admitting you can actually be wrong.What a turn up.

So both Amartey and Chilwell have had a bad couple of games, red card, then settled into a back four with Dragovic as the elder statesman at the grand old age of 26, and we've kept 5 clean sheets In a row.  This run will come to an end soon and I'm sure one of these 4 lads will have a stinker soon, but we need to give them all a good run in the side.

Also impressed to hear that Puel has given more youth players a chance in first team football than any other coach in the top leagues in Europe over the last decade... bodes well for us!

Edited by car1os
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

I wonder how confident Simpson is of regaining his place? He probably will and probably should, but it’ll be tough I’m sure if Amartey keeps playing this way. 

I think it’ll be interesting to see what happens when Simpson is available for selection.

Personally, I think Simmo is a better defender, but Amartey is better coming forward.

Neither of them can cross for shite.

If Simpson does just regain his place in the side it’ll be interesting to see how Amartey reacts to becoming just a ‘squad player’ again, as he has taken his chance very well.

Ditto Simpson. He’ll expect to be first choice again when fit (I assume).

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I have no idea if Dan can cross yet, because he never got in a position so to do yesterday!

Like Simpson i think the crossing and passing he needs to work on, the end product always seems to be row z but loved his pace and enthusiasm bombing forward!

I'm probably going to get shot down on this one but I truly believe that Amartey has a ton of talent !! I watch him fill in behind the CB's & cover his position & he is moving up the wing a little more every week.I think he has all the tools to be a top right back.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I have no idea if Dan can cross yet, because he never got in a position so to do yesterday!

Pretty sure he had at least two or three crosses first half, all resulting in loss of possession.