Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

Daniel Amartey

12 hours ago, SpazticChicken said:

He really hasn't developed at all in two and half years, if the management team don't see anything in him during pre-season I'd loan/sell. He seems a nice lad, always smiling with teammates and stuff, managed to captain his national team a couple of times, just there has been no improvement here

Surely you would need to play to improve?

• Like 1

Usually, but there are times when players can learn by looking on and watching.

But I don't think that's his problem, it's confidence. He's a quiet lad who came here as a C B and was never given a chan e so far. That i understand with Huth and Morgan in place.

I actually love him and think there's a really top player in him. He'd thrive under Pearsons management and coaching. Maybe a loan to Leuven would do him good.

But I'd certainly keep him.

1 hour ago, murphy said:

Surely you would need to play to improve?

1 minute ago, Clever Fox said:

Usually, but there are times when players can learn by looking on and watching.

But I don't think that's his problem, it's confidence. He's a quiet lad who came here as a C B and was never given a chan e so far. That i understand with Huth and Morgan in place.

I actually love him and think there's a really top player in him. He'd thrive under Pearsons management and coaching. Maybe a loan to Leuven would do him good.

But I'd certainly keep him.

Seems ti be some confusion about this but he was signed from Copenhagen where he was known as one of the brightest midfielders in the Danish league, def not a CB even if he has been pressed into service in that position for Ghana.

If it is confidence that he lacks, I would say again, that the best way to gain it is to play, I just can't see an opening for him.  He is useful as cover for a few positions so I can't see him going out on loan.

He’s played well for us at times at right back and even centre midfield, for Ghana he has played well at centre back. 

Clearly there’s a good player within him just needs consistent game time and with just one position, Puel has a nightmare deciding which position that is.

6 hours ago, murphy said:

Seems ti be some confusion about this but he was signed from Copenhagen where he was known as one of the brightest midfielders in the Danish league, def not a CB even if he has been pressed into service in that position for Ghana.

If it is confidence that he lacks, I would say again, that the best way to gain it is to play, I just can't see an opening for him.  He is useful as cover for a few positions so I can't see him going out on loan.

he was a CB that Copenhagen had moved forward into a CM spot, I think its fair to say he is a CB

Only things I've noted of his past performances is his positioning can be questionable at times and he has appeared too hesitant in tackling more.

Needs more belief in himself and be more committed to demands.

I would expect him to move to another club after this season.

Right back was his best chance but Pereira will take over there with Simpson as back up. Midfield is to crowded to break through.

Could argue he hasnt been given much of a chance but he hasn't really grasped the ones that he's got either.

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Yes .........  why is that funny? 

If you read about 5 posts above you will see that you have dug up a comment a few months ago about Mendy... when I have already clarified this is about Mendy.

Just incase, I was talking about Mendy.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

I think Ghana had a friendly with Iceland early June so I assume he's been given extra time off, like Mahrez/slimani. 

He didn't get called up for their friendlies due to injury.

6 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Thought the average at Leicester was about £45K (according to some fan wage survey).

Why would Mendy be on £50K?

We didn't sign him from a PL club.

Demarai Gray signed a new deal last season worth £50k p/w and he's done nothing to suggest he's even premier league ready yet. I bet, like most PL teams we are paying a lot of average players, top wages. 

2 minutes ago, Shambles said:

Has anybody seen him in the pre-season photos? Is he one of the ones who has been given extended leave due to playing international games in June?

He was injured and the Mercury said he's been given time off for that. 

The lad needs to move if he wants to succeed in English football - go to a top Championship team or similar and learn the physical stuff. 

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

He was injured and the Mercury said he's been given time off for that. 

The lad needs to move if he wants to succeed in English football - go to a top Championship team or similar and learn the physical stuff. 

Thank you for clearing that up for me. I know he limped off in the game against Bournemouth and missed the rest of the season with the injury but I just assumed he would have recovered by start of pre-season training. 

Puel did say at the time that he sees Amartey as a right back and that he almost insinuated that he would be willing to give him more game time. Maybe, therefore, he doesn't need to move on quite just yet if he hits the ground running this season?

http://footballghana.com/daniel-amartey-set-for-leicester-exit

Black Stars defender Daniel Amartey is likely to leave English Premier side  Leicester City this summer for more playing time elsewhere.

According to media reports,  the Foxes are ready to allow the former Copenhagen star to move away from the King Power Stadium in an effort for him to hit top form again.

Several top Championship clubs, as well as the newly-promoted EPL teams, are said to be interested in him and a deal could go through soon.

He is set to be loan out as the club will not sell him outright.

The 23-year-old joined the former Barclay Premier Champions in January 2016 and has made 54 appearances scoring one goal and providing one assist.

Apologies if already mentioned.