Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

Daniel Amartey

23 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I’d rather give a player criticism or praise when due than do what you do.... write nothing for weeks then come on here to say I told you so..

lol

#buddy

Glad you are keeping your eye on my posts so closely. You really don't need me to repeat the numerous criticisms of Amartey you spouted endlessly when most of us were saying give the lad a chance, before as seems to be the norm for posters like yourself you consign a young talent to the dustbin.I don't believe anyone has been saying he is a world beater but it is clear to see he has many attributes that could help him become a very good player, only time will tell whether he becomes such but to write him off as you did was plain daft as is being proven now.

ps I would rather post infrequently than post constant drivel as some do;)

I am sure in 2 or 3 years if Amartey becomes a genuinely good player you will on here telling everyone you always had faith in him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ian S said:

Glad you are keeping your eye on my posts so closely. You really don't need me to repeat the numerous criticisms of Amartey you spouted endlessly when most of us were saying give the lad a chance, before as seems to be the norm for posters like yourself you consign a young talent to the dustbin.I don't believe anyone has been saying he is a world beater but it is clear to see he has many attributes that could help him become a very good player, only time will tell whether he becomes such but to write him off as you did was plain daft as is being proven now.

ps I would rather post infrequently than post constant drivel as some do;)

I am sure in 2 or 3 years if Amartey becomes a genuinely good player you will on here telling everyone you always had faith in him.

What a lot of fookin hot air!

2 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Can we have a thread devoted to slagging @Col city fan please? Just so threads don't get polluted with cat fights when we could discuss our team, you know... 

I'm only replying. I don't start these childish arguments.

And that's the second time you've asked that question. 

You can be known for being bloody petty too my friend. We'll have to start a thread for you too I suspect.

Edited by Col city fan
  • Haha 1

In Col's defence (not something I'll often say), he was right that Amartey was shocking to begin with, when played in midfield. He looked a bit like a lost sheep out there in midfield. He didn't ever look for the forward pass, and he was defensively suspect, something which should've been his strength.

Credit where credit's due, he's looking better and better every week. He could make that right-back spot his, if he keeps improving at this rate. 

10 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Or...you could realise it's not you I'm taking the piss out of, I'm actually doing it in your defence. 

Tbqh, I sometimes feel you post with the intention to wind particular people up imo.

Edited by Wymeswold fox
  • Like 1

On ‎21‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 08:53, Babylon said:

Average age of our back four has gone from 33.75 to 23.5.

So important in the transition of this squad from what it once was. Still feel once Huth and Morgan move on, (which I think will be sooner rather than later) we could do with an champions league experienced CB for a reasonable price similar to the Adrien Silva and Iborra deals.

21 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

So important in the transition of this squad from what it once was. Still feel once Huth and Morgan move on, (which I think will be sooner rather than later) we could do with an champions league experienced CB for a reasonable price similar to the Adrien Silva and Iborra deals.

Dragovic was playing champions league football regularly for Kyiv

Edited by les-tah

3 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Dragovic was playing champions league football regularly for Kyiv

Yes that's true. I hope he continues to play the way he has for us. Still sceptical why he isn't favoured by his parent club so I think we should only assess him at the end of the season really. 

10 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Yes that's true. I hope he continues to play the way he has for us. Still sceptical why he isn't favoured by his parent club so I think we should only assess him at the end of the season really. 

1 minute ago, desertfox2 said:

And got to the semis of the Europa with Basel

Yep by the looks of it hes played European football every season until he signed for us lol 

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

Crosses do that...

I was replying to a post saying Amartey didn't get to cross.

I replied that he did and they all failed to find a teammate, i.e. no evidence to suggest he's good at it.