Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

Daniel Amartey

3 hours ago, shen said:

I was replying to a post saying Amartey didn't get to cross.

I replied that he did and they all failed to find a teammate, i.e. no evidence to suggest he's good at it.

Sorry, but I agree with gud ol' Shankly ,

If its too high, or too long, the timing is wrong, but the idea right. There is not c such a thing as a bad cross...The winger / player who puts in the cross, has done his job , its his teammates, who

in 3-4s should be attacking  the ball, it is the Forwards or attacking midfielders, who are turning a chance into a badball, if they are not at least getting on the end of it  !!!...

He refered it once amusingly  to..."dont Kill the messenger" hes often busted his gut to get that message over...

I do see where your coming from, though I do believe under Puel, we will be seeing, players like

Chilwell/Amartey and even Simpson will up the anti, in their attacking Prowess.

Chilwell is slightly different, even compared to Fuchs, he loves driving occasionally into the box, I would Like to see these openings become more fruitfull, in the  creating of chances.

6 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Sorry, but I agree with gud ol' Shankly ,

If its too high, or too long, the timing is wrong, but the idea right. There is not c such a thing as a bad cross...The winger / player who puts in the cross, has done his job , its his teammates, who

in 3-4s should be attacking  the ball, it is the Forwards or attacking midfielders, who are turning a chance into a badball, if they are not at least getting on the end of it  !!!...

He refered it once amusingly  to..."dont Kill the messenger" hes often busted his gut to get that message over...

I do see where your coming from, though I do believe under Puel, we will be seeing, players like

Chilwell/Amartey and even Simpson will up the anti, in their attacking Prowess.

Chilwell is slightly different, even compared to Fuchs, he loves driving occasionally into the box, I would Like to see these openings become more fruitfull, in the  creating of chances.

That's like saying it's not a bad pass because it doesn't find its recipient... An over-/underhit, inaccurate or mistimed pass is a bad one.

Albrighton is a good crosser, because 7 times out of 10, when trying to cross to the far post, he will succeed.

You correctly say that it won't make him a bad crosser when only 1 in 20 get converted.

Amartey has shown little to convince he has control and technique to accurately deliver the ball into an area, which attackers can expect the ball to come to.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, shen said:

That's like saying it's not a bad pass because it doesn't find its recipient... An over-/underhit, inaccurate or mistimed pass is a bad one.

Albrighton is a good crosser, because 7 times out of 10, when trying to cross to the far post, he will succeed.

You correctly say that it won't make him a bad crosser when only 1 in 20 get converted.

Amartey has shown little to convince he has control and technique to accurately deliver the ball into an area, which attackers can expect the ball to come to.

Yup, fair dues.   Lets see if we get Danny to develope and progress.

In his very 1st games he shown the Intent and potential, he now like you hint ,

has to start producing...I believe he will..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

I am the only one who can’t understand why he’s been dropped, the kid hadn’t put a foot wrong, but gets dropped for Simpson, who come on isn’t the gifted footballer in the world.

To be honest, even I'm confused? I thought he must be injured? Not even a sub...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Monsell1976 said:

I am the only one who can’t understand why he’s been dropped, the kid hadn’t put a foot wrong, but gets dropped for Simpson, who come on isn’t the gifted footballer in the world.

Not at all, he's really been proving a good asset.

• Like 1