Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest CityFan 06

Musa

I must have a really poor memory, because I'm sure when Musa had a proper run in the side he scored a couple and has looked good when subbed on? I don't think I've ever questioned him, because his chances have been limited.

Edited by Slim Dog
  • Like 4

I think we've used him on the wing because we can. We'll continue to do that and possibly as part of a front three but a few of us on here have banged on forever that he's the no. 2 to Vardy. His job is to put pressure on JV for his starting place and today he finally did that being played in what I think is the right position.

• Like 1

Would love to see the full game to see his display.

Sounds like the more time he has to settle in a new country and a new league, the better he will get. I imagine having his friend and countryman Ndidi here will help both players a lot! He's clearly very inconsistent, something the CSKA fans said when we signed him, which given he is 24 (though he looks more like 34!) is to be expected. Time will tell how good he will end up being, but his pace is frightening and it's clear there is something to him. If the coaching team can help him deliver good performances consistently, he could be great for us. 

Remember that Vardy also took quite a time to settle in. In our great escape season (which was his 3rd season I believe?) he showed a lot of promise at first, but went disappearing for a long time too. But he learnt the league and developed his game and returned the following season as an absolute monster week-in, week-out.

I think it would help him a lot to focus on just one position. He's been OK on the wing, but I think his pace is so scary that we should use him as a 2nd Jamie Vardy!

When he plays the way he did today he's an absolute handful, but I think more than anything we were playing to his strengths, balls into the channels for him to run onto and stretch defences. Shame he's just not consistent enough yet. Much more to come from him. 

• Like 1

I understand Vardy was ill but should be ok for Chelsea but I just wonder whether tactically it might pay for him to start on the bench. Musa  came on and started off in mediocre fashion again. He got knocked off the ball a couple of times too easily but then grew into the game. He then barged into a defender quite aggressively and got round him and his confidence started to grow. He certainly has incredible pace but does not at all look like a winger to me. He seemed as mentioned, far more comfortable in a central role and possibly having the responsibility of being the main man made him thrive on the expectation thrust upon him. His confidence must be up and a start in the centre would do him good. Vardy has been out for 3 games and if a bit under the weather, possibly coming on in the second half would suit him also. I also think it will do Vardy  good to have competition . 

Really chuffed for him. Frustrated Claudio didn't start with him but he is maybe trying to keep Ulloa happy with some more minutes and avoid a transfer request in this window. Useful to have Ulloa as a second "big-man" to cover for Slimani so can see his thinking.

Musa obviously has pace to burn, but also seems to have some composure in front of goal. I still don't see him as a natural striker personally and would like to see Claudio put more faith in him and give him some starts in his preferred position attacking on the left, with Gray on the right and Vardy through the middle.

I've been barking on about a 4-3-3 with two DCM's suiting our attacking players like Musa, Gray and Mahrez for ages. Means they have less to do defensively and can stay further up the pitch and we can stay on the attack more, which is often the best form of defence anyway! 

Hope he sticks with the system and continues to use players like Musa and Gray, as can see them both only getting better and better.

I am sure I read an article from a coach from CSKA saying that he scores a lot more goals playing in the middle.Agree also that he seems to do better when he knows he is the main man as also happened in the second half of that pre-season game vs Barcelona.Personally I think we have better options on the wings.

9 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Really chuffed for him. Frustrated Claudio didn't start with him but he is maybe trying to keep Ulloa happy with some more minutes and avoid a transfer request in this window. Useful to have Ulloa as a second "big-man" to cover for Slimani so can see his thinking.

Musa obviously has pace to burn, but also seems to have some composure in front of goal. I still don't see him as a natural striker personally and would like to see Claudio put more faith in him and give him some starts in his preferred position attacking on the left, with Gray on the right and Vardy through the middle.

I've been barking on about a 4-3-3 with two DCM's suiting our attacking players like Musa, Gray and Mahrez for ages. Means they have less to do defensively and can stay further up the pitch and we can stay on the attack more, which is often the best form of defence anyway! 

Hope he sticks with the system and continues to use players like Musa and Gray, as can see them both only getting better and better.

Funny how we see things differently re his position and I'm not for one minute saying I'm right, it's difficult to tell for any of us from the small amount of time we've actually seen him on the pitch. I do remember however a Moscow supporter coming on here recently to say that Ranieri was making the same mistake with Musa as his former coach when he first arrived at  Moscow. That was playing him on the wing because of his pace. However, it was only when they moved him into the middle that they got the best out of him. I remember when Henri arrived at Arsenal he'd only previously been used as a winger and he turned out to be none to shabby in the middle. Time will tell but I was just so pleased for him yesterday. He's still a youngster in a new country and culture with a different faster and more aggressive way of playing football. Ranieri is a wise 'been round the block' manager who will throw players like him and Kapustka in when and if he thinks them ready whatever their price tag. Ndiddi however, as a young lad looks ready, but we should expect and forgive mistakes.

Musa is a good striker who hasn't had time to settle into the team, and has been played out of position, its no good putting a centre forward on the wing!

If you watch his Highlight Video on YouTube he has scored a lot of goals and of what looks like fast paced football... 

I feel our new signings are all about to settle in at around the same time, people are too quick to judge a new player, even myself have been guilty of this... But just look at Amartey who is now getting better and better with each game and the same is happening with Musa, Mendy and Slimani.... 

Hopefully Ndidi will settle straight in but I have a feeling our squad is becoming quality and is now stronger than last season

I believe we will have a good second half of the season and I honestly think it has taken this long to shake off the hangover from winning the title, along with all the pre season friendlies and all the travelling... 

One thing I think we need now is a couple of quality Defenders

15 hours ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I don't believe he's one of footballs great thinkers - bit like our Emile all those years ago. He has raw attributes and some technique - blistering pace. It needs to be harnessed effectively. Complicating his responsibility out wide probably confuses him and negates his direct impact.

Ala that game / goal against Barca.

So he's not very bright and as a result he gets confused when played on the wing.

Wow.

He showed determination for both goals, following up for the first.

The second was a good team goal with contributions from Albrighton and Chilwell before Musa's mazy run and one-two with DD.His sprint into the box for the return show he has developed an understanding with team mates.Hopefully there is more to come. I'm surprised Leo started rather than Musa. Playing 3 in midfield means we need pace up front, if Musa can maintain this form it gives CR another option to JV.