Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest CityFan 06

Musa

That 2nd goal was something I hadn't seen of Musa. Takes initiative, drags defenders towards him, plays a neat one-two and ends with a delightful intelligent finish. 

I hope we see more consistency.

Let's not pretend he hasn't looked anything other than awful in every game bar a decent little run against Arsenal when he deserved a penalty. I don't think anyone who criticised him before yesterday was wrong. 

Lets see if he can build on yesterday. £17m is looking like a huge waste of money but maybe he needs a run of games. 

• Like 4

Woke up this morning feeling fine,

Theres something special on my mind,

His name is Musa and he's proved his doubters wrong (his name is Musa and he's proved them wrong)

Something tells me he will be really good...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dickov22 said:

Let's not pretend he hasn't looked anything other than awful in every game bar a decent little run against Arsenal when he deserved a penalty. I don't think anyone who criticised him before yesterday was wrong. 

Lets see if he can build on yesterday. £17m is looking like a huge waste of money but maybe he needs a run of games. 

Did you forget the run in the side with a couple of goals and looking dangerous every time he got on the ball?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Dickov22 said:

Didnt look awful vs Palace and when he got the equaliser vs Spurs. I cant deny that he has looked poor at times, but I dont think we have been able to/played to his strengths in a generally out of form team and poor system. The amount of times I have seen us using him and Vardy as target men for hoofs has been awful. 

16 minutes ago, Dickov22 said:

Disagree. He hadn't really been given any proper game time in his proper position till yesterday. People were too quick to criticise the guy on the back of a handful of appearances. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Dickov22 said:

When he had that little run in the side playing out wide he looked dangerous every game he played.... then all of a sudden Albrighton comes back in to offer next to nothing

4 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

When he had that little run in the side playing out wide he looked dangerous every game he played.... then all of a sudden Albrighton comes back in to offer next to nothing

Do you really think Albrighton offers that little?

1 hour ago, Dickov22 said:

He's our saviour and I won't hear anyone say otherwise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Koke said:

It's hard to play him as a striker when Vardy and Slimani are ahead of him in the pecking order.

This.

If we are switching to 4-3-3, Musa's only chance of getting into the team will be on the left which many people aren't keen on.

Edited by foxes21

17 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Do you really think Albrighton offers that little?

Offensively from the left 100% when we slapped him on the right v West Ham he looked much more effective, yes defensively he offers a lot of protection but I'd sooner have a more attack minded option out wide especially if we're sticking with 3 in the middle

4 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

This.

Espeically if we are switching to 4-3-3, Musa's only chance of getting into the team will be on the left which many people aren't keen on.

I don't see why he couldn't play on the left of a front 3. Before yesterday his best two performances for us (Palace/Spurs) have been on that left side. When he's been ineffectual (often) it's been as part of a front 2, which I think asks too much physically of him. It's like if Vardy could play on the wing, nipping in behind the full backs. 

8 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

Offensively from the left 100% when we slapped him on the right v West Ham he looked much more effective, yes defensively he offers a lot of protection but I'd sooner have a more attack minded option out wide especially if we're sticking with 3 in the middle

Albrighton created the most chances in our team last season from the left :thumbup:

But that's last season. I agree he should play on the right wing. When Slimani gets back, I'm guessing we'll rotate Vardy/Slimani at CF in the 4-3-3 depending on opposition. Albrighton on the right will assist Slimani for fun :scarf:

Edited by foxes21

35 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

If you think Albrighton offers 'next to nothing' then you don't understand football. 

• Like 1

I would like to add to my previous comments.... 

The 2nd Musa Goal in the FA Cup vs Everton was actually a very different goal to what we are used too seeing from Leicester City.... This is more Creative play, there is no other player that can really do this... IMO this is what the team has been missing, little one, twos to get the ball into the box..... Musa made that goal and that in itself is very special...

Look at the stereotypical goals

Vardy... Long balls in behind defenders, relies on pace and space (great when it works) 

Slimani.... Relies heavily on the crosses into the box and his head (great when it works)

Shinji.... Can make a goal out of nothing, right place, right time kind of goals (not always possible)

Ulloh... Again cannot run at defenders and is good ariel and tap ins seem to be his thing

Musa... Im hoping this guy is more of an attacking, thinking striker, nice move with the 1-2 passing and creating that goal out of nothing was special..

Musa needs to start more and get more game time but NOT on the wing, play this kid in his natural position which is clearly centre forward!! 

In my opinion this is the type of player Leicester have been missing, I hate to see countless attacks where the ball is aimlessly pumped into the box only to find nobody, its clear that we need more creative play.

I also think Gray is quite good at this type of play with flying down the wing and cutting into the box for a more direct pass into the box

Vardy is still my Favourite Striker but I can see Musa being just as good if not better given time, I hope!!! 

Edited by bigDfox33
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Slim Dog said:

Did you forget the run in the side with a couple of goals and looking dangerous every time he got on the ball?

I don't  think he's had a run in the side, and for £17m you'd expect he would get one. 

Most times ive seen him he's looked desperately short on confidence and almost unable to control the ball. 

I dont think people who have criticised him and the signing before yesterday were in the wrong. 

21 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

This.

If we are switching to 4-3-3, Musa's only chance of getting into the team will be on the left which many people aren't keen on.

On the left of a front 3 with the option to cut inside as well as less deeper defensive responsibilities would be ideal. On the left in a 442 having to track further back is what I am not keen on

4 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

Albrighton created the most chances in our team last season from the left :thumbup:

But that's last season. I agree he should play on the right wing. When Slimani gets back, I'm guessing we'll rotate Vardy/Slimani at CF in the 4-3-3 and Albrighton on the right will assist Slimani for fun.

For me a lot of it depends on the form of Mahrez. Albrighton on the left wasn't a talking point last season as Mahrez was providing all those goals and assists from the right. Now we look like we need a plan B.

I'd still stick with Albrighton if we are playing 4 across the middle. Those saying he doesn't contribute much must be watching a different game to me. It's worth sticking with him on the right especially whilst Mahrez is away. 

A 4-3-3 provides different problems for me. The recent games against Middlesbrough and Everton appear to have given us more solidity away from home, but have lacked pace and creativity. I think a Musa or Gray may well give better options in that formation as would (an in form) Mahrez - and with Vardy back in the team we certainly wouldn't lack pace. 

The Prem is very difficult for some players to adapt to if they haven't been playing at a high level previously. We saw that when we came up from the Championship. Not saying that Musa is going to be great but he at least needs some time. Am I wrong thinking he's a Steve Walsh pick ?

7 minutes ago, daverollo said:

On the left of a front 3 with the option to cut inside as well as less deeper defensive responsibilities would be ideal. On the left in a 442 having to track further back is what I am not keen on

I agree with that. I think there are better options in a 4-4-2, but I think the left in a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 looks ideal for Musa.

We argue about whether his best position is wide left or centre forward, but we may not have seen him in his quite  best position yet. Personally I'd worry about him leading the line as a CF from what I've seen so far. 

34 minutes ago, Dickov22 said:

If you think Albrighton offers 'next to nothing' then you don't understand football. 

Your right for a winger he rips us trees.... if we want defensive cover from our wingers why not just play Fuchs there! I want my winger to put the fear into full backs, provide asssists and score goals, not cut in onto his right foot and float the ball into the keepers arms 9/10... I guess knowing nothing about football though wanting your winger to attack is an absurd idea :rolleyes:

45 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

Your right for a winger he rips us trees.... if we want defensive cover from our wingers why not just play Fuchs there! I want my winger to put the fear into full backs, provide asssists and score goals, not cut in onto his right foot and float the ball into the keepers arms 9/10... I guess knowing nothing about football though wanting your winger to attack is an absurd idea :rolleyes:

Kinda agree. One assist in the whole of 2016 isn't great. He needs playing on the right ideally so he doesnt have to cut inside all the time.