Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest CityFan 06

Musa

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Musa cost £16mill and had played Champions League football. He should need little "time to adapt" - , no longer than Christmas. 

We are not talking about a non league striker signed for £1million. We're talking about a player that has played at the World Cup finals. When he shows me he can actually control a ball then I'll take my opinion back.

Who says he should only need little time to adapt? Wenger and other managers often say you won't see the best or foreign signings until the second season for very good reason.  

Playing champions league football else where, their cost or where they come from doesn't mean anything. Players can take time to learn a new league, a new style of football, new country, culture, team mates etc. It doesn't stop all the issues that come with moving to a new club, let alone stepping up to a much stronger league just because you cost more. Throw in the fact that they walked into a bit of a mess at the start of this season and it's hardly been ideal circumstances.

He has shown he can control a ball, you're talking nonsense and it's typical of the stupid over reactions on here. Yes it can be pretty shocking and wayward AT TIMES, he's never going to have Mahrez like control. But for the vast majority of time it's ok. You just point to what is a small amount of shocking control and make out it's the norm.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Captain... said:

We are also talking about a player who got thrown into the chaos and disappointment that was the first half of the season, nobody was playing great. He didn't even get a proper pre-season just glamour friendlies, where he did ok. It's a team game and the team was poor.

Saying he's played in the CL and the World Cup finals shows he has something about him, he has shown glimpses of what he can do but has had very little playing time under CS  so I reserve all judgement until he has had a decent run in the side. We have also invested a significant amount of money in him, so I don't think binning him off for a loss is the right approach especially when he is only guilty of being as bad as everyone else for the first 2 thirds of the season. If the right offer comes in and he wants to go then let him, but if he wants to stay and fight for his place in a functioning team then he deserves that chance. Same goes for Slimani, Mendy, Kaputska and anyone else really. They are all talented footballers, otherwise they wouldn't be here.

Not sure that I agree with that logic.  We have had plenty of dross over the years.

• Like 1

I think he should leave early for the Sumer break,  come back refreshed and train hard during pre-season and have the slate clean so like others try and impress the manager to show that he's both hungry and has improved on his mistakes that had occurred this season and is worthy of place as anyone else in his position.

Better (in terms of consistency and footwork) ball-control and able to understand the potential team movements around him are areas of improvement for him imo.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

9 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

I think he should leave early for the Sumer break,  come back refreshed and train hard during pre-season and have the slate clean so like others try and impress the manager to show that he's both hungry and has improved on his mistakes that had occurred this season and is worthy of place as anyone else in his position.

Better (in terms of consistency and footwork) ball-control and able to understand the potential team movements around him are areas of improvement for him imo.

I'm not sure that would be great for his confidence.  "Yeah, you can go early with games still to play, we'll get on well without you."  (Not having a go at your post by the way, just think it may not be best).

You can clearly see flashes of good play from him, so I wouldn't him in the category of shit like some people have (he's not Josh Low, Alan Sheehan, Junior Lewis shit) and as some folks have said, he didn't determine the price.  Walsh  / the  scouting staff had clearly been after him a while, so maybe we shouldn't writing him off yet.

I do think a full preseason would be beneficial.  I read a lot into the training video body language, and he does seem to be liked by the other players, and that tells us something.   

Too many people on here play Champ Man / FIFA and if someone doesn't perform in one game, they write them off.  Let's see what some of these lads can do in a more settled squad.  If he does go in the Summer, I'll wish him well, and bear no grudges.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

I'm not sure that would be great for his confidence.  "Yeah, you can go early with games still to play, we'll get on well without you."  (Not having a go at your post by the way, just think it may not be best).

You can clearly see flashes of good play from him, so I wouldn't him in the category of shit like some people have (he's not Josh Low, Alan Sheehan, Junior Lewis shit) and as some folks have said, he didn't determine the price.  Walsh  / the  scouting staff had clearly been after him a while, so maybe we shouldn't writing him off yet.

I do think a full preseason would be beneficial.  I read a lot into the training video body language, and he does seem to be liked by the other players, and that tells us something.   

Too many people on here play Champ Man / FIFA and if someone doesn't perform in one game, they write them off.  Let's see what some of these lads can do in a more settled squad.  If he does go in the Summer, I'll wish him well, and bear no grudges.

Who's writing anyone off after one game? In fact, after one game, most people on here, I suspect, thought we'd signed a superstar in Musa. I was at the Community Shield, were you?

You know, despite all the give players a chance type stuff, it could just be that we've signed a pig in a poke? It can happen.

Personally, I'd be looking to offload Musa, Mendy and Amartey. I don't think any of them are good enough.

That doesn't make me a 'hater' and all that usual cobblers. Tis just what I think. 

• Like 2

Nobody is indiscriminately accusing anyone of hatred. However, if like me you think that how we use words is very important and reveals a lot about us, then some of you will recognise that the language that SOME people use is hateful. 

Just to knowingly patronise you, the word 'some' does not mean 'all that disagree'. 

52 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Who's writing anyone off after one game? In fact, after one game, most people on here, I suspect, thought we'd signed a superstar in Musa. I was at the Community Shield, were you?

You know, despite all the give players a chance type stuff, it could just be that we've signed a pig in a poke? It can happen.

Personally, I'd be looking to offload Musa, Mendy and Amartey. I don't think any of them are good enough.

That doesn't make me a 'hater' and all that usual cobblers. Tis just what I think. 

Its a fair reasoning..I suppose many fans will have question marks over these 3...

I believe, all of us have been guilty of mis-interpretation of the single posters comments,

Nature of the beast, I suppose.

I for one would keep, them...Amartey, Mendy one could expect should be pushing and shownig

Its seen has their make or break season, or they bring occasional games with high quality cover, stamping

a need that the squad can use.

Ditto for Musa, other than to say, he clears any personal problems, with clubs supports, and it is pay back time.

He could still have something, and for me every players needs that 1-3 seasons to really settle

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Who's writing anyone off after one game?

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Personally, I'd be looking to offload Mendy

He's played about 400 minutes of football, most of which has been coming back from a bad injury, that clearly he wasn't over.

14 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He's played about 400 minutes of football, most of which has been coming back from a bad injury, that clearly he wasn't over.

Yup, we've had James for 3-4 seasons..I think!!  He needs another crack....

Mendy we have no real idea, what he can bring us...

Nobody on this forum will change the minds of the management, coaching staff nor Shakespeare anyway...

I say let it, ride dont get too heavy on any negatives or positive towards any player.

Have ideas and opinions, in the banter sort of reasoning.

I dont think Col, would want to drive any player away, he just at present sees them, from his perspective,

the ones, with the weakest cards...if he sees them on the team sheet next season, he will support them,

and hope to have them prove him wrong...There are a few it seems who go on witch and hate hunts,

Col aint one of them...

25 minutes ago, Babylon said:

All of which under Ranieri when the team was in a real free fall. He also had most of those minutes playing on the left of a midfield diamond which just didn't work for anyone. 

Just now, lgfualol said:

All of which under Ranieri when the team was in a real free fall. He also had most of those minutes playing on the left of a midfield diamond which just didn't work for anyone. 

I have my doubts about him, but that's more based on the sort of player he was elsewhere and the system he played. I don't know how anyone could have formed a decent opinion on him based on his time in our shirt.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Maybe....but not the bloody whole "Combined Harvester"..:D

Say it with a Somerset accent like...it even sounds funny...lol

Babs will be making out I'm one of these fookers next...

lol

Seriously though, all I'm bothered about is seeing City do well. I may well have criticized Amartey and Mendy this season but it's only because I don't see them as being much good. That IS just an opinion. That's all it is. Remarkably, sometimes on this forum, the opinion gets turned into 'hatred' by some posters, particularly if that opinion is expressed frequently.

It's just juvenile, but I've come to not expect a lot more from some on here to be honest.

The team we have put out since Shakey took over is clearly the best 11 he/we could have put out.

It's clear..and it don't include Amartey or Mendy in it. Or Slim very often for that matter. Just cos some people WANT certain players to come good, it don't mean they will, or they are.

And fuchsntf is spot on. I'm more than happy for players to prove me wrong...why? Because ultimately I want us to do well. What I won't do is to keep on defending players who don't enable us to do well.

EC98F163-FF57-425E-8E10-54D54ED14431-421-0000007A06A33B83.jpeg

Edited by Col city fan

3 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Why are you taking the one game comment so personally? Read all the threads around FoxesTalk regarding new players and there are swathes of people judging them based on one appearance (or sometimes none!). Benny was written off, look how a run of games has turned him around. This was the point I was making (but you chose to ignore). 

Finally, what is the point of your "were you?" comment re: the charity shield? 

I'm in total agreement with the point @Babylon is making, why are people writing him off so much after a small amount of game time, some of it that has been very positive (Barca, Arsenal (h), Everton, Spurs). 

I just think he's a City player and we should get behind him, that's all  

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_2963

Super Eagles of Nigeria and Leicester City forward Ahmed Musa has officially tie the knot with his lover Juliet following his split from his former wife.

Musa divorced his former wife, who have two kids for him after she reportedly kicked against him taking Juliet in as his second wife, which is permitted by Islamic law.

Their divorced paved the way for Musa to publicise his relationship which Juliet, which has now ended with a low key marriage ceremony, which Owngoalnigeria.com correspondent learnt was attended by some top stars in Nigeria.

On Wednesday, May 10, 2017 at 17:36, murphy said:

Not sure that I agree with that logic.  We have had plenty of dross over the years.

Agreed and Celtic get into Europe every year by default and playing a game or three with them or Nigeria wouldn't necessarily make you a world beater.

7 hours ago, davieG said:

IMG_2963

Super Eagles of Nigeria and Leicester City forward Ahmed Musa has officially tie the knot with his lover Juliet following his split from his former wife.

Musa divorced his former wife, who have two kids for him after she reportedly kicked against him taking Juliet in as his second wife, which is permitted by Islamic law.

Their divorced paved the way for Musa to publicise his relationship which Juliet, which has now ended with a low key marriage ceremony, which Owngoalnigeria.com correspondent learnt was attended by some top stars in Nigeria.

Wow, can you imagine the atmos at home, when you tell your wife that you want to marry your girlfriend! lol

It doesn't surprise me the the neighbours called the police over loud arguments, worried over possible violence. If it was me they would be better off calling the undertakers...

Edited by Vardinio'sCat
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Wow, can you imagine the atmos at home, when you tell your wife that you want to marry your girlfriend! lol

It doesn't surprise me the the neighbours called the police over loud arguments, worried over possible violence. If it was me they would be better off calling the undertakers...

I remember people here were saying at the time that the reports of him beating his wife couldn't be true, because at the time of the alleged arrest he was on Instagram posting happy birthday to his wife. Specifically, this post:

..well, apparently the woman in this picture is his girlfriend, not his wife.

and the initial argument that led to the arrest happened when Musa's wife saw this exact instagram post!

also, apparently they're no longer divorcing.... lol

“I can confirm to that there is a new development about Musa and his first wife,” a source who is very close to the player told Saturday Telegraph. “It is like Jamila is ready to accept the new wife and the Leicester City man will reunite with his wife for the sake of their two children.

Musa was so reluctant to initiate the divorce process but he was not enjoying peace at home anymore. They are happy that the family of the lady has now convinced her to allow it. Musa will officially wed the new wife at the end of the season.”

Our correspondent had reported that Musa’s decision to take another wife was causing constant altercations between the couple which almost culminated in their separation. “Ahmed loves his wife and would have loved to keep the union especially for the sake of their two children,” a source had told Saturday Telegraph.

“He did everything to make Jamila see reason with him but the woman rejected all overtures. Several family members mediated in the crisis but the two parties were not ready to shift positions. They constantly had altercations and it was affecting them.

“A lot of things have been said about Ahmed on this matter which is not correct, he is a gentleman and this issue is constantly affecting him even his career. The wife insisted she could not cope with another woman but Musa is adamant to go ahead with it.

He is a devout Muslim and a responsible husband and instead of keeping mistresses he chose to legally marry a new wife as permitted by his religion. His own family members and even his mother have endorsed his plans and there is no going back.

Ahmed’s mother was in the UK a couple of times to speak with Jamila to accept his son’s decision but she declined.” Musa was also questioned by the UK police for alleged assault on his wife but he denied it and no charges were preferred against him.

However, sources said the player actually had altercations with his wife but never beat her after Jamila queried him for posting the picture of the ‘new’ lady on his Instagram page, calling her ‘my queen’.

Edited by brucey