Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest CityFan 06

Musa

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Against Middlesbrough he spooned one when under very little pressure which harmlessly went wide as the goalie watched it balloon past. There was another mis-hit a few minutes later and then the same again vs Sunderland. You pay that sort of dough and he can't even get his laces through the ball, he's so timid.

I remember Forlan and how long it took him to get going at Man U. Frankly, I think most were surprised Ferguson persisted with him, he was that bad. What about Torres and his useless finishing at Chelsea?

I guess what I'm saying is that he doesn't look settled and as a result he's rushing things or being unsure in his actions. At the start of the season, his indecisiveness around the box was so obvious. He wouldn't shoot but rather try to play in Vardy or Mahrez instead of having a pop himself. Maybe he is a bit timid and is struggling to find his place in the team, which could all be factors in his subpar performances.

A lot of us have seen Musa having good games for Nigeria and maybe noticed him at CSKA Moscow in European matches. We know he can be better than this!

Edited by shen
  • Like 1

lets be honest, both him and Slimani were signed to compete with Shinji for the CAM role.

But now Claudio's probably realised.. Both Musa & Slimani don't have the same defensive attributes as Shinji. Also with Mahrez on the wing, if we play Slimani/Musa CAM it leaves our defence so exposed. Instead of 8 players when defending, it becomes 7.

IMO Musa/Mahrez/Slimani are probably better suited to the 4-3-3 and I'm guessing that's the formation we'll play, after the January window.

Edited by foxes21

54 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

How long until we're allowed to admit he's a terrible mistake of a signing? Adds nothing at all. Give me Schlupp any day for the squad's nominated headless chicken, at least he has some penetration

:yawn:

More than 491 minutes, I know that much.

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

lets be honest, both him and Slimani were signed to compete with Shinji for the CAM role.

But now Claudio's probably realised.. Both Musa & Slimani don't have the same defensive attributes as Shinji. Also with Mahrez on the wing, if we play Slimani/Musa CAM it leaves our defence so exposed. Instead of 8 players when defending, it becomes 7.

IMO Musa/Mahrez/Slimani are probably better suited to the 4-3-3 and I'm guessing that's the formation we'll play, after the January window.

Why on earth would you buy two players who have never really played that role? Musa was clearly for me was bought for his pace to be a replacement for Vardy if anything happened so him. As without Vardy up front, we looked doggo last season as we had no out.

Slimani, fair enough... I think they thought he had the work rate to play that role.

We know Musa can play on the wing but he's either one of a front 3 or plays in Vardy's position in reality.

Slim was meant to be the Okazaki replacement but that doesn't seem to work either.

So as a result we seem to really need Okazaki on the pitch paired with either of Slim Vardy or Musa unless we play a front 3 - and we really can't do that right now as we arguably don't have the DCM's available to cover and it means leaving Drinks out and possibly Albrighton.....

19 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Ala Mahrez, Vardy, Albrighton...blah de blah, forum never learns..Time , football fan nous, patience..its still only December   2016,

NOT December 2018....Why be so negative, so early on.His city career hasnt yet started.Not forgetting not one hero from

Last season has yet stood up to be counted these first few months, and some still blame the newbies and have them upupb 

As scapegoats and failures.....I hear G.Crooks and misery guts Lawrence are looking for like partners...:whistle:

Worth a rep! 

On 12/5/2016 at 06:23, Babylon said:

Why on earth would you buy two players who have never really played that role? Musa was clearly for me was bought for his pace to be a replacement for Vardy if anything happened so him. As without Vardy up front, we looked doggo last season as we had no out.

Slimani, fair enough... I think they thought he had the work rate to play that role.

Think he was also bought to complete for a left wing slot - Like a Schlupp but more of an end product....

All I can say about Musa is I THINK he's suffered as the team has suffered.

If we continue to play better football, I think we'll see a much better player in Musa.

He's quick enough and personally I see him more as a straight replacement for Vardy than some sort of winger.

Lets face it...it's impossible to tell who is gonna be much good cos the team has been so under-performing.

If we are able to sign a really good central midfielder in January...someone who can just run with the ball at feet and give it higher up the pitch, I think we'll see a very different City side. And Musa will benefit from this.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

All I can say about Musa is I THINK he's suffered as the team has suffered.

If we continue to play better football, I think we'll see a much better player in Musa.

He's quick enough and personally I see him more as a straight replacement for Vardy than some sort of winger.

Lets face it...it's impossible to tell who is gonna be much good cos the team has been so under-performing.

If we are able to sign a really good central midfielder in January...someone who can just run with the ball at feet and give it higher up the pitch, I think we'll see a very different City side. And Musa will benefit from this.

To be fair when he started a couple of games on the left I thought he did pretty well.

Like you say though, if the team improve then they'll probably all improve with it.

13 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Ala Mahrez, Vardy, Albrighton...blah de blah, forum never learns..Time , football fan nous, patience..its still only December   2016,

NOT December 2018....Why be so negative, so early on.His city career hasnt yet started.Not forgetting not one hero from

Last season has yet stood up to be counted these first few months, and some still blame the newbies and have them up

As scapegoats and failures.....I hear G.Crooks and misery guts Lawrence are looking for like partners...:whistle:

Happy for you to come on here and slate me this time next year. But from what I've seen of the lad he's nothing special.

On ‎05‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 10:42, m4DD0gg said:

Careful there is one guy on here who literally bums musa. He will get upset.

I think there is a tendency for people to overuse the word “literally” in modern parlance.

Does he “literally” bum Musa? Really?

No accounting for taste I suppose.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jobyfox said:

I think there is a tendency for people to overuse the word “literally” in modern parlance.

perhaps he means he has to stand on a book to reach :huh:

I don't know why anyone ever gets concerned about players not getting game time if it is not warranted? We can only play 11 players and it seems pretty clear to me despite a few decent outings Musa, at the moment, shouldn't be playing if everyone is fit and fresh, he's just not done enough to demonstrate he is one of our most effective or dangerous attacking players.

That's not to say he can't. Mid winter crazy fixture congestion is on the way as is the FA cup and the AFCON so it's going to be all hands on deck in the next two months so I'm sure he'll get another go both out wide and through the middle. Looks expensive for 16 million at the moment but cest la vie I think most (read most, not all) of the players we've signed for money since being promoted have been massively overpriced, that's modern football. 

2 hours ago, Jobyfox said:

I got there before you. Be careful though, people get upset by pedantry/accuracy.