Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest CityFan 06

Musa

The reason people are happy he's leaving is because we'll never have to see his pathetic performances in a Leicester shirt again and somebody with actual talent and desire can take his place in the squad!

The sooner he goes the better I say

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

How about the fact almost every single player was shit most of the season. Albrighton, a player now lauded with a thread for being player of the season was absolutely dog muck before Ranieri went. Benny was slated as an awful signing and now gets treated like the second coming on here at the minute.

As @The whole world smiles says above the amount of people who seem to revel in players not performing is just bizarre. Celebrating what would be the potential loss of a huge amount of money to the club is just weird.

Different players take different amounts of time to adapt (Vardy), or just need that bit of luck to get a real run in the team to show their worth to the squad (Benny). Some may never fit in or adapt and we move on, but it shouldn't be a cause for celebration. Sums up the pathetic "banter" type attitude these days where people can't just discuss it normally, they have to slate them, name call them, over react and try to out do each other with put downs.

They are all Leicester players and we should want every single one of them to be a success and support them as much as we can. That doesn't mean we can't say he's not been very good, but people can say it in an adult way. "Worst signing ever"... how about people wait on that one until he's no longer here. Virtually every player we've got has been slated as either not good enough, either before or during their time here.

For what it's worth the Albrighton POTS shout is absurd, it's either Kasper or Simmo as Albrighton was atrocious till shakey took over.

I get that different people take different amount of time to adjust but one was a non league player and the other an international captain. Either way, we can't use the Vardy example on every player.

At the same time I think after reading about Aaron Lennon i will probably lay off the criticism of Musa, I'm sure he would have hoped things turn out better and what good does it do slaughtering him consistently?

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

How about the fact almost every single player was shit most of the season. Albrighton, a player now lauded with a thread for being player of the season was absolutely dog muck before Ranieri went. Benny was slated as an awful signing and now gets treated like the second coming on here at the minute.

As @The whole world smiles says above the amount of people who seem to revel in players not performing is just bizarre. Celebrating what would be the potential loss of a huge amount of money to the club is just weird.

Different players take different amounts of time to adapt (Vardy), or just need that bit of luck to get a real run in the team to show their worth to the squad (Benny). Some may never fit in or adapt and we move on, but it shouldn't be a cause for celebration. Sums up the pathetic "banter" type attitude these days where people can't just discuss it normally, they have to slate them, name call them, over react and try to out do each other with put downs.

They are all Leicester players and we should want every single one of them to be a success and support them as much as we can. That doesn't mean we can't say he's not been very good, but people can say it in an adult way. "Worst signing ever"... how about people wait on that one until he's no longer here. Virtually every player we've got has been slated as either not good enough, either before or during their time here.

In the case of Albrighton, it is right to criticise him when he was poor and also right to praise him when he has been good.  As for Benny, I don't remember anyone saying he was sh1t before he got a run in the team.

The point is that you can only comment on what you see at the time, good or bad.  Otherwise we may aswell talk about the weather while we wait for players to come good.

If Musa turns it around I'll be delighted but it on what we have seen so far from 31 appearances he has been awful and deserves criticism.

For every Vardy there is an Inler for every Benny there is a Hernandez.  Some players will never make it.

9 minutes ago, murphy said:

In the case of Albrighton, it is right to criticise him when he was poor and also right to praise him when he has been good.  As for Benny, I don't remember anyone saying he was sh1t before he got a run in the team.

The point is that you can only comment on what you see at the time, good or bad.  Otherwise we may aswell talk about the weather while we wait for players to come good.

If Musa turns it around I'll be delighted but it on what we have seen so far from 31 appearances he has been awful and deserves criticism.

For every Vardy there is an Inler for every Benny there is a Hernandez.  Some players will never make it.

I point you to this part of what I said "That doesn't mean we can't say he's not been very good, but people can say it in an adult way." Nobody has said you can't be critical of performances, what you can be is an adult about it and do it without name calling or going over the top.

He's had an impact in a number of games, Barcelona, Everton, Palace, Spurs, Arsenal, even Hull he set up three clear chances for Vardy with some great play.  We've seen glimpses of what he can actually do. When you consider he's only had about 1100 minutes of football all year, you could say about a 1/4 of his game time has actually been ok. And that was during a time when the entire team was dog muck.

I'm more than happy for him to stay if the management think with game time he'll become more consistent, especially with a more consistent team around him.

Edited by Babylon

9 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Seems strange to me that some posters seem to enjoy it when certain players fail.

Personally as a Leicester fan I always want our players to succeed and feel dissapointed when they don't.

Especially when the player in question was a record signing and has pace to burn.  

Can't imagine anyone "enjoys" it. There are always failures in football. Some focus on the job and make every effort but it just doesn't work out. Others have no chance of focusing due to their character or the various baggage they carry around with them and are a complete waste of time, effort , money and points.    

Edited by Thracian

2 minutes ago, Thracian said:

Can't imagine anyone "enjoys" it. There are always failures in football. Some focus on the job and make every effort, others have no chance of focusing due to their character or the various baggage they carry around them and are a complete waste of time, effort , money and points.    

Well they seem to enjoy taking the piss out of him.

13 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Well they seem to enjoy taking the piss out of him.

I'd be 100%  delighted if Musa somehow emerged as an asset - and would happily acknowledge it - but I'd far rather it were someone else's money invested in him than mine. Sounds as if he needs to sort his home life out as much as his football. Perhaps we should have a Care Bear as Walsh's assistant.    

Edited by Thracian

In all honesty his performances at LW against Palace and Spurs were good. He tracked back well & kept it simple going forward. Kyle Walker was no threat because of Musa's defensive contribution and movement during counter attacks.

imo LW is his position, not CF.

Edited by foxes21

I hope we can get at least half our money back and move him on.

For me he has shown nothing but pace. His passing is poor and pace is the only weapon he has to beat players. At £16m I expected a lot more and unfortunately for Musa expectation is judged parallel with the price tag and wages. Hopefully some rich Russian club remembers him as a good player and he goes back there for a few million less than he came here for. Maybe Everton could be interested as Walsh wanted him and he remembers the two goals in the FA Cup and his opinion of Musa hasn't  receded.

Edited by Gerard

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

After this shit perood of mine...

I am going to be walking down a Leicester street...Our eyes will meet then wham it will be football love at 1st site

I will have to turn my beautiful wife aside, and run and jump into your arms ( 140k) but I am cuddly..:D

You keep hitting that point on the nail..

I do get tired at present..so its great to read such top posts. 

If your standing for election....my cross would  be the 1st on your ballot paper...Somebody I can trust, to

Acclaim my view points....The myth of the hanging gardens...its all true!!!  

If your one of the rivers, I'll get me boat ready now, and we can set sail forging for the deep truths and meaning

Of football knowledge.....:trumpet:

Ps.  Another one of my weird posts...fun  innit.

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

We can't use that for every signing we make can we?

Why not...we sing it about our "own " team....part Of  the fun...

Ffs sake every Single title winner, we could sing it about.

If Ranieri returns to an opposition club...we can turn it around,

Singing we remember our good your were.....we remember c when we were shit...dilly ding dilly dong.

Ha! Classic FT thread that turns to infighting. Love it. 

For what it's worth, I think all relationships start off with lofty ambitions. Whether they are personal relationships, new team members at work or players at our club. But between starting out and wherever those relationships are right now, we are all evaluating 'how is this going'? In the case of Musa, many people, myself included, think it's going hopelessly! In all relationships at that point, each side considers whether to carry on or cut their losses. If Musa was my wife, (!!!), the divorce papers would have been served from my perspective. At some point, we all look at said relationship and ask ourselves 'is this going to get better'. In Musa's case, I just don't see it. Our club will probably take a financial hit, if they come to the same conclusion. I doubt anyone on here will be celebrating that? But if the monies from his possible departure can be channeled into a player that contributes to our recent successful period, then there is real cause for celebration. Not revelling in an individual's demise. Just wanting our club to maximise its effectiveness. 

2 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Why not...we sing it about our "own " team....part Of  the fun...

Ffs sake every Single title winner, we could sing it about.

If Ranieri returns to an opposition club...we can turn it around,

Singing we remember our good your were.....we remember c when we were shit...dilly ding dilly dong.

I don't mean to be rude but what the hell are you talking about here? lol so confused.

47 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

After this shit perood of mine...

I am going to be walking down a Leicester street...Our eyes will meet then wham it will be football love at 1st site

I will have to turn my beautiful wife aside, and run and jump into your arms ( 140k) but I am cuddly..:D

You keep hitting that point on the nail..

I do get tired at present..so its great to read such top posts. 

If your standing for election....my cross would  be the 1st on your ballot paper...Somebody I can trust, to

Acclaim my view points....The myth of the hanging gardens...its all true!!!  

If your one of the rivers, I'll get me boat ready now, and we can set sail forging for the deep truths and meaning

Of football knowledge.....:trumpet:

Ps.  Another one of my weird posts...fun  innit.

Cheers... I think :D

1 hour ago, Thracian said:

Can't imagine anyone "enjoys" it. There are always failures in football. Some focus on the job and make every effort but it just doesn't work out. Others have no chance of focusing due to their character or the various baggage they carry around with them and are a complete waste of time, effort , money and points.    

Find it strange you feel your in a position to pass judgement on the blokes character.

I don't know the bloke at all so I won't pass judgement on his character but I would suggest to come out of an area stricken with poverty and vicious sectarian violence and become a highly successful, extremely wealthy, world famous sportsman suggests his character is alright but like I say I don't know the bloke so who knows.

Can't compare every signing to Vardy. Vardy cost  £1m from non-league and was a low risk buy. Low risk, low expectations. 

For what it's worth I'm more than happy if the manager wants to keep Musa next season and give him a fresh start.

I personally never rated him. Even when we were initially linked with him in January 2016 I was on here saying he's terrible.  I don't take any joy in being right. I wish I was totally wrong but he's a bad footballer. At least Slimani has some useful qualities. Musa is useless.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gerrytaggart said:

Remember when Vardy was shit and most wanted him gone?

Vardy cost £1mill.

Musa cost £16mill.

No comparison.

Musa doesn't even have the basics. He can't even control the ball. And I'd like to see where his "pace to burn" is. Everytime he's running at speed he either loses the ball or plays it behind a team mate.

He'll be gone in the summer and from what I've seen of him, rightly so. 

4 hours ago, Babylon said:

Musa cost £16mill and had played Champions League football. He should need little "time to adapt" - , no longer than Christmas. 

We are not talking about a non league striker signed for £1million. We're talking about a player that has played at the World Cup finals. When he shows me he can actually control a ball then I'll take my opinion back.

Edited by Fox92

15 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Vardy cost £1mill.

Musa cost £16mill.

No comparison.

Musa doesn't even have the basics. He can't even control the ball. And I'd like to see where his "pace to burn" is. Everytime he's running at speed he either loses the ball or plays it behind a team mate.

He'll be gone in the summer and from what I've seen of him, rightly so. 

I was comparing the fact that Musa is being written off just like Vardy was.  The price doesnt come in to it.