Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest CityFan 06

Musa

After all the slating, unfairly in my opinion, it's nice to see the lad getting the reward for his hard work and patience.

Its clear the people in the know at the club, know he has a talent, due to the amount of money they have invested in him, and it's a good job Claudio identified he needed time to adjust, and didn't just write him off after a couple of games, like quite a few on here.

He certainly has an eye for goal and coming from Russia just needed to acclimatise to the pace and physical approach of the premier league. Looks really good coming in off the wing rather than crossing for someone. As long as he keeps working on his game and bringing his teammates into moves he will be fantastic for us and well worth the money we paid for him

I think that he should've been subbed after the Walker (why wasn't he carded ??) assult on him as he scored. Certainly lost his pace and was clearly shaken. Hopefully no damage and he's fit for Wednesday night (under the lights) or the WBA match on Sunday.

5 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I think that he should've been subbed after the Walker (why wasn't he carded ??) assult on him as he scored. Certainly lost his pace and was clearly shaken. Hopefully no damage and he's fit for Wednesday night (under the lights) or the WBA match on Sunday.

This hasn't really been picked up on, I said to my lad walker should have got a red, both feet of the floor, and scissor tackled him, straight red for out of control, reckless tackle, which could have broke musa leg.

4 hours ago, brookfox said:

Soldiers put their life on the line, he risked a stubbed toe at worst!

They also shoot things out of the sky. Like you just did! :)

I don't think he knew much about it to be honest. The bravest recent goal I remember was Nathan Dyer when he got knocked out. He probably knew what was coming too. Musa just got caught with his momentum. But regardless 2 in 2 and he's not even got started yet IMO, still finding his feet.

3 hours ago, desertfox2 said:

They also shoot things out of the sky. Like you just did! :)

I don't think he knew much about it to be honest. The bravest recent goal I remember was Nathan Dyer when he got knocked out. He probably knew what was coming too. Musa just got caught with his momentum. But regardless 2 in 2 and he's not even got started yet IMO, still finding his feet.

Bloody obvious hes still finding his feet....Walker knocked them into the WHL stands...:rolleyes:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just not sure what he is. Doesn't seem greedy enough for a striker. Not naturally defensive to be a wing back. For some reason doesn't feel like a winger either. I really don't know where he should play   Flashes of brilliance but some poor decision making when in with a chance on goal 

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Can we discuss Ahmed Musa please, my honest opinion is he's dog shit.

Is that fair though? Given he's not had a good run of games to find any consistency,where as Vardy and Mahrez? He was taken off against West Brom when he was starting to give them a hard time,that was a shocker from Ranieri.

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Can we discuss Ahmed Musa please, my honest opinion is he's dog shit.

When played on the left and from the start he's been ok.

I'm sick of players being labeled crap after a handful of games. Especially when it's a new country, new league, new position for him, new formations, new team mates. As fans, have we not learnt anything when it comes to writing players off as crap or not good enough?

Wenger is one of the biggest importers of foreign talent and he's always said you won't get the best from many foreign buys within the first year. I still think that's why we wanted the likes of Deeney and Keane. But, at the time they didn't look like value, as it usually isn't buying from within this country. Now... they probably would be.

• Like 3

Weird player. Obviously brought in to help us play like last year but that doesn't work anymore. Looked awesome against Barca and got 2 goals in 2 games in the Prem, before being dropped for Marc 'cut-inside cross' Albrighton. 

Needs to play more regularly. Ranieri brings him on for 10 minutes against a team playing defensively, he can't get straight into the game, is slated and then back on the bench.

Edited by lgfualol

Just now, Babylon said:

When played on the left and from the start he's been ok.

I'm sick of players being labeled crap after a handful of games. Especially when it's a new country, new league, new position for him, new formations, new team mates. As fans, have we not learnt anything when it comes to writing players off as crap or not good enough?

Wenger is one of the biggest importers of foreign talent and he's always said you won't get the best from many foreign buys within the first year. I still think that's why we wanted the likes of Deeney and Keane. But, at the time they didn't look like value, as it usually isn't buying from within this country. Now... they probably would be.

I just don't see any inklings he's got any technical ability. His first touch is horrific, his confidence is the lowest I've ever seen from a player of his supposed calibre and his finishing is extraordinary. It's a mixture of Waghorn and Schlupp. He's muck.

Just now, Arriba Los Zorros said:

How long until we're allowed to admit he's a terrible mistake of a signing? Adds nothing at all. Give me Schlupp any day for the squad's nominated headless chicken, at least he has some penetration

They are very similar in terms of horrible finishing, zero footballing brain and terrible composure.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I just don't see any inklings he's got any technical ability. His first touch is horrific, his confidence is the lowest I've ever seen from a player of his supposed calibre and his finishing is extraordinary. It's a mixture of Waghorn and Schlupp. He's muck.

You must be watching a lot of first team training, 'cause I can hardly recollect him having any shots! :P

Then again, I would be lying if I thought Vardy has performed better than Musa has so far this season.

I hope Musa can prove us wrong, but so far he's been a very erratic player...

Been saying it for weeks but I can't believe we spent £15m on a bloke that can't even kick a ball properly. If he didn't have pace he'd be nowhere near professional football.

He's reminds me of a shit Lloyd Dyer. 

Edited by Brooksy

Just now, Arriba Los Zorros said:

How long until we're allowed to admit he's a terrible mistake of a signing? Adds nothing at all. Give me Schlupp any day for the squad's nominated headless chicken, at least he has some penetration

Last season he would have been fine though, so I understand the signing. He was brought in for his pace and I presume to lower the burden on Vardy, but now teams sit back and we've gone shit. It was hilarious seeing Musa play up front with Vardy and our players doing long balls expecting Musa to beat 6 ft 5 defender. 

3 minutes ago, shen said:

You must be watching a lot of first team training, 'cause I can hardly recollect him having any shots! :P

Then again, I would be lying if I thought Vardy has performed better than Musa has so far this season.

I hope Musa can prove us wrong, but so far he's been a very erratic player...

Against Middlesbrough he spooned one when under very little pressure which harmlessly went wide as the goalie watched it balloon past. There was another mis-hit a few minutes later and then the same again vs Sunderland. You pay that sort of dough and he can't even get his laces through the ball, he's so timid.