Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest CityFan 06

Musa

A fella that scored shit loads in Russia ain't like scoring shit loads in the Prem. He needs game time to adjust between the league's but I can't see where he's going to get it? Apart from that immense second half display against Barcelona he's looked bang average when he has played and I can't see him getting in the first 11 unless we pick up injuries.

17 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

A fella that scored shit loads in Russia ain't like scoring shit loads in the Prem. He needs game time to adjust between the league's but I can't see where he's going to get it? Apart from that immense second half display against Barcelona he's looked bang average when he has played and I can't see him getting in the first 11 unless we pick up injuries.

We have nothing but bang average players, through the whole squad, the PL title didnt change that...

Avg players who for one season dared, to make themselves legends.No doubt also hoping like the fans,

that it opens and swathes a new path into and extended era of success.

Because of a few negative results, it doesnt kill the fun/enjoyment that there is still more to come,

the recovery period  might just take longer.Simular to assessing new players potentials, before his new clubs

Career even starts to get off the ground..

Not forgetting our own rugrats and heroes, took a few seasons to realise their own potential, let alone the

idea of        "The Team  spirit and Ethos"    

This forum should give the newbies, the respect of time and patience before judging and questioning.

• Like 1

I agree with you on that, I find it genuinely astounding that people can say a player isnt ready/not good enough after a few games. Especially when most of those appearances are off the bench.

Gray would have been sent to Anstey Nomads on loan by half of this forum after the Hull game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

I agree with you on that, I find it genuinely astounding that people can say a player isnt ready/not good enough after a few games. Especially when most of those appearances are off the bench.

Gray would have been sent to Anstey Nomads on loan by half of this forum after the Hull game.

You of course are being generous...96.232% to be exact...By spocks reckonning..:)

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

Just find it bemusing how some of our fans make some things out to be better than they are.

Even after taking some pretty severe beating this season, some fans are somehow still being smug about being top of a very poor champions league group.

Blimey you must be a right miserable sod.

A Leicester fan who cannot take great joy from the fact his team are top of ANY Champions League group is beyond help imo.

Poor bugger.

Edited by Lako42
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Blimey you must be a right miserable sod.

A Leicester fan who cannot take great joy from the fact his team are top of ANY Champions League group is beyond help imo.

Poor bugger.

Haha I'm not going to argue with your assessment! 

I'm delighted we look like we'll be going through to the round of 16 and making it look as easy as I hoped (Porto drawing at home to Copenhagen was amazing for us as well).

It's about the same as bragging about reaching the quarter finals of the FA Cup after beating Northampton, Burton and Burnley though. It's all about assessing the situation for what it is.

Anyway, this is about Musa so I'll shut up about the champions league now :D.

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Has any striker come from Russia and done well over here? I see a lot that come over and fail to deliver. I can think of Arshavin that did well for a couple seasons off the top of my head

11 minutes ago, dominicmsb said:

Has any striker come from Russia and done well over here?

How many strikers have come from Russia to here, period? Less than ten? Possibly even five, because I can hardly name any.

So it's harsh to judge Musa alongside those players when the sample group is so small.

Edited by foxes21

You have to admire Musa or any player who comes to the premiership as the physicality of it can be brutal at times. It shows their not afraid of the challenge.

I think Musa will do ok for us once we change our system to suit his talents. From what I've seen of him so far he looks an all round better player than Vardy. Plus anyone who can score two against both Barcelona and Argentina can't be a bad finisher. 

When he's up to speed and we get a quality midfielder signed then we'll have another 10 plus goals a season Striker. That can't be bad. 

1 hour ago, harpendenfox said:

So given that Musa and Kaputska have European experience, play them against Copenhagen at home. Rest Vardy, Slim and Mahrez who play against Chelsea and Palace. Play Musa and Kaputska along with Leo or Shinji against Copenhagen.

Or....trust in the manager to pick the team that just won the premier league.

I don't think we are in any position to question selection and formations of a manager who delivered our most successful season in our history at the first attempt.

Fans are so fickle and have such short memories.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Or....trust in the manager to pick the team that just won the premier league.

I don't think we are in any position to question selection and formations of a manager who delivered our most successful season in our history at the first attempt.

Fans are so fickle and have such short memories.

I completely trust Don mate. This is simply an idea on a discussion forum. I'm neither fickle nor have a short memory. Claudio is a total ledge, and this is simply an idea.

imagine my temerity, offering an opinion on a forum.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, filbertway said:

I'm not saying he's not good enough or not ready. I simply said he's been bang average so far..cos he has. And that scoring goals in Russia ain't the same as scoring regularly in the Prem..cos it ain't. 

On 10/5/2016 at 17:34, Col city fan said:

I'm not saying he's not good enough or not ready. I simply said he's been bang average so far..cos he has. And that scoring goals in Russia ain't the same as scoring regularly in the Prem..cos it ain't. 

I don't really think he's had enough game time to prove himself. 

• Like 1

Musa will be fine. Season has barely started ffs.

As long as Claudio doesn't show favouritism, he will get on the pitch. Poor/average runs of form from the regulars like Vardz, Albrighton, Mahrez should put them places up for grabs for Musa, Gray and Kapustka.

Claudio has already said he may have to rethink our starting lineup after the inconsistent start to the season.

I reckon at least 2 places are up for grabs as it stands, but the manager may even shake it up and make 3 or 4 alterations over the coming games.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, EnglishOxide said:

Musa will be fine. Season has barely started ffs.

As long as Claudio doesn't show favouritism, he will get on the pitch. Poor/average runs of form from the regulars like Vardz, Albrighton, Mahrez should put them places up for grabs for Musa, Gray and Kapustka.

Claudio has already said he may have to rethink our starting lineup after the inconsistent start to the season.

I reckon at least 2 places are up for grabs as it stands, but the manager may even shake it up and make 3 or 4 alterations over the coming games.

Before you even look at midfield or the forwards we have 3 places. But no competition to fill them. Vardy needs a rest and time to sort his head out. While Mahrez could do with a kick up the arse at times.

On Wednesday, October 05, 2016 at 22:23, dominicmsb said:

Has any striker come from Russia and done well over here? I see a lot that come over and fail to deliver. I can think of Arshavin that did well for a couple seasons off the top of my head

Rondon hasn't done bad