Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes21

no demarai gray

Just now, frany104 said:

Albrighton was fantastic??? I lost count how many times he gave the ball away. He works hard and won the penalty but overall I thought he was poor or average at best.

To be fair i'm quite surprised how divided everyone has been on his performance last night. I'm usually the first to criticise him as he has been crap this season but I honestly thought he was top drawer last night. 

Guest CityFan 06

Interesting to see Demarai playing a central role again last night, seems to suit him pretty well. Of course, I still think he can be effective on the wings but he's a good option to have in the CAM role should we want to play that way.

Looked fresh, lively and willing to try and make things happen but all those things should be a given really.

There was nothing in that or his other substitute appearances recently that convinces me he's ready to start regularly, although I would support him being given a chance from the start one of these days just to see what he's like against defenders with fresh legs and when he himself starts tiring.

21 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Gray is potentially world class. He needs game time and confidence. He has pace. He has skill. He can pick a pass. Needs to improve his finishing, but that will come with more pitch time. 

Blimey ARM that's some build up....potential he has....world class potential ....not so sure

Problem is his application and ability to listen/learn....Claudio doesn't trust him completely but time will tell I guess...

19 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

What are people talking about? he wasn't good tonight at all!! very predictable in what he does and wasted a lot of gilt edged chances

you mean like Mahrez who when he gets to the edge of the box just does step overs before shifting it to his left foot and being tackled? Mahrez needs to add another move now as people have that pegged

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

you mean like Mahrez who when he gets to the edge of the box just does step overs before shifting it to his left foot and being tackled? Mahrez needs to add another move now as people have that pegged

??

What does that have to do with Mahrez? 

4 minutes ago, MattCan said:

??

What does that have to do with Mahrez?  or do you use any occasion to trash him?

someone used being too predictable to have a dig at Gray I was pointing out that Mahrez does this also yet no one mentions it, clearly comprehension is something you struggle with as you seem to think saying someone needs to adapt their game is trashing them

Just now, Jimmy said:

someone used being too predictable to have a dig at Gray I was pointing out that Mahrez does this also yet no one mentions it, clearly comprehension is something you struggle with as you seem to think saying someone needs to adapt their game is trashing them

ah ok sir .. mahrez is a one-move player, I am an idiot and you are da man ... sorry then

3 minutes ago, MattCan said:

ah ok sir .. mahrez is a one-move player, I am an idiot and you are da man ... sorry then

is the situation I mentioned he is, just watch the games back, you'll notice the only time he looks dangerous recently is when he runs down the outside before cutting back along the line, because thats not what players are expecting him to do as he rarely does it, whereas when he gets to the edge of the box all he does is try and cut on to his left foot and they know that so stop it every time

7 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

is the situation I mentioned he is, just watch the games back, you'll notice the only time he looks dangerous recently is when he runs down the outside before cutting back along the line, because thats not what players are expecting him to do as he rarely does it, whereas when he gets to the edge of the box all he does is try and cut on to his left foot and they know that so stop it every time

I think he can handle his defender whether he cuts left or right. Of course, his left leg is his strongest and we don't have two-footed wingers anyway. Mahrez is a formidable player with so many unsuspected skills. It is a delight to watch him play. His main issues are related to the team system of play rather than to his individual abilities. He is too isolated along that right side and hence heavily marked. This 4-4-2 system requires him to move the ball forward over a long stretch, which is too much to ask from any player. So, he has this tendency to cut back to his left to find someone to pass to, unless he wants to cross the ball to the box with his right foot. This is why I think an attack-minded midfielder would do a lot of good to Mahrez and the team in terms of link-up play in the final third.

Gray has to start on Saturday against borough the lad is brilliant some great runs last night and if he had more time on the pitch his composure might have been that bit better and he would have probably put away one of those attempts?

but the lad is going to be a quality player for us and hope he shows his quality !

40 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

I'm going to quote myself. I've seen it a million times before. And oh course he went it did it again last night.

6 hours ago, frany104 said:

Albrighton was fantastic??? I lost count how many times he gave the ball away. He works hard and won the penalty but overall I thought he was poor or average at best.

He also ran the length of the field to get in a tackle then played a great through ball to Vardy to set up our first,

Honestly can't see how anyone could think Albrighton had anything but a very good game last night and was one of our best players.

11 minutes ago, NewEnglandFox said:

https://streamable.com/s53o

He manages to do this at least once a game. It's what @Jimmy just mentioned.

5 minutes ago, NewEnglandFox said:

I'm going to quote myself. I've seen it a million times before. And oh course he went it did it again last night.

exactly this thank you both, in that situation if I know exactly what he's going to do you can be sure professional defenders do, if he develops another move and uses it just a few times a game it will make the chances of his favoured move working greater, its what the great players do, they are constantly adding to their game

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Demarai is up to his (not so clever) cryptic games again...liked this today, hopefully it's in error. However he's got a track record of this, I know it just be frustrating, but why express this on social media (again). Does he not think it'll get fed back to the club?image.png

Doesn't make sense, he'll definitely get 90mins vs Porto and AFCON is getting closer. Game time, exactly what he wants. Hopefully it's in error, have a feeling there could be problems with his attitude behind the scenes. He was late for training last week.

Such a talent, would be painful seeing him leave without fufilling his potential with us.

2 minutes ago, RoyFox said:

Doesn't make sense, he'll definitely get 90mins vs Porto and AFCON is getting closer. Game time, exactly what he wants. Hopefully it's in error, have a feeling there could be problems with his attitude behind the scenes. He was late for training last week.

Such a talent, would be painful seeing him leave without fufilling his potential with us.

He would of quickly un liked it if it was an accident. He has not. It's still on his account as liked.

Archived