Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes21

no demarai gray

He deserves a few starts imo. Albrighton has had a great run but is looking a bit fatigued I reckon. Against Everton he might stick with Albrighton though as we'll have an inexperienced left back in Chilwell and Albrighton will probably offer more protection defensively. 

What I loved today was he kept it simple. You could see times when he was considering cutting inside but instead he went past his man to put crosses in and ended up yet again getting an assist. What foot is he because I swear he has had an assist on both sides of the pitch now with accurate balls into the box rather then just hit and hope.

The guy needs to start. Its getting embarrassing, seeing him perform well

for England U21s and be a star sub, for us, and not get a start, when we are in sh@te form. I can understand him not starting in last seasons run-in, we werent losing, do not understand it now. Get him in.

25 minutes ago, hamptonfox said:

The guy needs to start. Its getting embarrassing, seeing him perform well

for England U21s and be a star sub, for us, and not get a start, when we are in sh@te form. I can understand him not starting in last seasons run-in, we werent losing, do not understand it now. Get him in.

well Riyad is undroppable apparently and Claudio doesn't want both in his 442

442 is hindering us so much at the moment.

If we changed formation we could beef up the midfield so we don't get overrun + we could play both Mahrez and Gray, our 2 most technically gifted players, either side of a lone striker. We could get the best out of so many players. 

It's so frustrating.

6 minutes ago, Koke said:

442 is hindering us so much at the moment.

If we changed formation we could beef up the midfield so we don't get overrun + we could play both Mahrez and Gray, our 2 most technically gifted players, either side of a lone striker. We could get the best out of so many players. 

It's so frustrating.

not sure if its true but apparently Claudio asked the players and they said they wanted to keep 442?

1 minute ago, Jimmy said:

not sure if its true but apparently Claudio asked the players and they said they wanted to keep 442?

It is true unfortunately. He said that after the Porto or Man City game. That's quite worrying IMO.

he needs to be starting games with his energy and willingness to get forward and put in decent crosses into the box,he is our most inform winger at the moment, yes we need to develop him properly and not burn him out but he is very mature for his age and he needs to be rewarded for his good performances by having a run of starting games

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Was getting bollockings from Slimani for greed on B Day

Informed rumour suggests that Gray is a bit of a big I-am Diva that doesn't get on with many.

Funny that because I'm hearing its slimani that's the diva and not communicating at all with teammates, and his attitude on Boxing Day would support this

3 minutes ago, truebluethroughandthrough said:

Funny that because I'm hearing its slimani that's the diva and not communicating at all with teammates, and his attitude on Boxing Day would support this

I would say Gray is more believable as he is ball

greedy, I see skimsni talking all

the time yes he was poor but he wasn't lazy 

1 hour ago, chapero82 said:

I would say Gray is more believable as he is ball

greedy, I see skimsni talking all

the time yes he was poor but he wasn't lazy 

But all flair players are 'ball greedy'?

i agree he needs to learn that sometimes the quick pass is the preferred option to taking your man on but that decision making improves with experience. 

When ronaldo first signed at united, he was much, much worse than gray for selfishness and pointless step overs.

With the right guidance and coaching I believe gray could be an important part of our future.

And in comparison to slimani, there is no comparison.

Gray is frustrated at not playing.

slimani is frustrated at not being able to.

48 minutes ago, truebluethroughandthrough said:

But all flair players are 'ball greedy'?

i agree he needs to learn that sometimes the quick pass is the preferred option to taking your man on but that decision making improves with experience. 

When ronaldo first signed at united, he was much, much worse than gray for selfishness and pointless step overs.

With the right guidance and coaching I believe gray could be an important part of our future.

And in comparison to slimani, there is no comparison.

Gray is frustrated at not playing.

slimani is frustrated at not being able to.

That's a fair point. But, there is two kinds of "ball greedy" players. 

The first is the one who is greedy but his actions can be understood. For example, a player who is one on one with the keeper and choose  to shot instead of pass. You will get mad at him. But you Will be like "you could've passed. But, I can't blame you for shooting because you only had the keeper between you and the goal. It's OK ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

and the second one is the guy who chooses to shoot a 40yard ball instead of passing it. Yeah, the kind of player that you would like to choke with a  barb wire because they are so frustrating to play with.

And you know which one is gray

Gray does come across as arrogant and petulant, however, the kid is only 20 years old and likely frustrated at not getting an opportunity to play in a struggling team. Pretty understandable, especially when he's done well of recent.

He was one of the few highlights along with Ben Chilwell on Saturday and though greedy, looked like one of the players to make a difference until he was hauled off, which is why the crowd started booing.

With Mahrez off to AFCON he'll be a regular for a few games so it's up to him to show us what he can do. I agree with the poster above though that he will be on the bench for West Ham.

2 hours ago, the fox said:

That's a fair point. But, there is two kinds of "ball greedy" players. 

The first is the one who is greedy but his actions can be understood. For example, a player who is one on one with the keeper and choose  to shot instead of pass. You will get mad at him. But you Will be like "you could've passed. But, I can't blame you for shooting because you only had the keeper between you and the goal. It's OK ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

and the second one is the guy who chooses to shoot a 40yard ball instead of passing it. Yeah, the kind of player that you would like to choke with a  barb wire because they are so frustrating to play with.

And you know which one is gray

Christ

3 hours ago, filbertway said:

Man someone's upset that Gray played instead of their favourite player.

Don't worry, we will be back to Albrighton and Mahrez on Saturday I have no doubt

I don't get it. I really don't. I actually liked gray to start and mahrez to be in the subs (only problem I had was Fuchs being suspended). Because 1- it maybe can help him and kick him back to gear. And 2- I would like a fresh mahrez to play in the AFCON. All I said is, gray was selfish. Or are you and other people gonna play the "you are a mahrez fanboy" every time I voice my opinion. That is very mature :dry:

Edit: I would be very grateful if Claudio keeps mahrez in the subs and never plays him a minute in the next 2 games. Just send him to us already. It is good for both sides. 

Archived