Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Sunderland Away Pre-Match Thread

Zieler

Simpson       Morgan           Hernandez            Chilwell

Gray       James/Barnes       Amartey               Musa

Okazaki

Slimani

If James isn't ready for a full 90 then give Barnes a debut, could impress and can't do any worse then King recently. (I know King is like God on here but seeing how Amartey is playing a bit better then him and has more development room I would rather give Amartey the game over King)

Chilwell needs first team football and I think he will be in contention over Fuchs who has looked tired recently.

Hernandez deserves another chance with Huth being out of form this season.

Musa, Slimani and Gray played well when they came on at the weekend but Okazaki deserves his place so Gray will have to move to the left but can change positions with Musa during the game.

I don't mean to be picky here

The only guy who's going to change it will be Claudio

You know the one we were all grateful to in May

They had a hard second half Tues, they had a very difficult 90 minutes last Saturday

Ok we were lucky yesterday, they have a week to get it out of their system.

Let's give the man a chance to sort it out.

26 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

Is it too early in the season to declare this a 'must win' on the quest for 40 points?

It is too early. A small number said Boro was 'must win'. Okay the draw wasn't great for us but relegation is hardly a near-certainty is it? Same applies if we draw or lose to Sunderland.

The biggest thing we are missing at the minute is confidence.

Im going for a 2-0 win here kicking us into a run that win see us go unbeaten into the new year.

Call me crazy but all this talk of relegation does not worry me in the slightest we are champions of England!

Mendy will back playing before Christmas and Drinky and Kasper will both be back in a couple of weeks.

We will be fine top half finish in the table this season no problem.

Keep the faith!

How Sunderland are 12/5 I don't understand. Bookies clearly aren't paying attention to just how bad we are. 

Depends on the tactics and team selection, but based on Claudio being totally blind to how poor we look in a 4 4 2, it's hard to see past a comfortable home win.

six pointer already. we really need to win this or at least put in a performance that justifies being called champions. we need to stop the rot and cannot keep going backwards in the league.the players need to start performing before it is too late.we van no longer let things slide in the league and Claudio needs to motivate these players to move us up the table fast

Really don't want to be losing this one....

Let's go with the formation that got us out of the last bad run we were on, at least until we've got some confidence back:

Zieler

Morgan Hernandes Huth

Albrighton Amartey King Fuchs

Mahrez

Okazaki   Slimani

Once we've got Schmeichel, Drinkwater and Mendy/James back, I think that looks strong- width and crosses provided from deep, more compact with greater numbers in our most vulnerable areas, more fluidity with Mahrez given a free role to drift wide (and providing the current missing link between midfield and attack), strikers chasing from the front with Okazaki dropping deep, so basically a 5-4-1 when defending, 3-4-1-2 when attacking.

I'd give Fuchs and Simpson a game off.

I'd also drop Albrighton as he's offering nothing currently, time for others to have a chance and maybe try Mahrez in the number 10

GK - Zieler

RB - Hernandez

LB - Schlupp (Looked sharp there against Watford)

CB - Huth

CB - Morgan

DM - Amartey

DM - King

RW - Gray

LW - Musa

AM (10) - Mahrez

CF - Slimani

Maybe Mahrez and Vardy will be on the bench but I doubt it.

I can see him playing Mendy if he's fit but I think he'll get a run out as sub for the last 15 or so which will mean Amartey and King in central mid.

I can see Okazaki and Slimani starting up front with Vardy coming on for the last half hour.

I can see him resting Albrighton and having Mahrez and Musa on the wings with a late cameo from Gray.

Ranieri's wet dream of being able to play Vardy and Slim as a front two hasn't quite worked out yet - I still think thats his longterm endgame and ideal scenario.

I hope he uses the Porto game to give the likes of Gray, Musa, Mendy Schlupp Hernandez and Chilwell 90 minutes.. if they are fit enough.

11 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Maybe Mahrez and Vardy will be on the bench but I doubt it.

I can see him playing Mendy if he's fit but I think he'll get a run out as sub for the last 15 or so which will mean Amartey and King in central mid.

I can see Okazaki and Slimani starting up front with Vardy coming on for the last half hour.

I can see him resting Albrighton and having Mahrez and Musa on the wings with a late cameo from Gray.

Ranieri's wet dream of being able to play Vardy and Slim as a front two hasn't quite worked out yet - I still think thats his longterm endgame and ideal scenario.

I hope he uses the Porto game to give the likes of Gray, Musa, Mendy Schlupp Hernandez and Chilwell 90 minutes.. if they are fit enough.

Wet dream :claudio:LOL! 

4 hours ago, filbertway said:

How Sunderland are 12/5 I don't understand. Bookies clearly aren't paying attention to just how bad we are. 

Depends on the tactics and team selection, but based on Claudio being totally blind to how poor we look in a 4 4 2, it's hard to see past a comfortable home win.

I have to agree, that's a massive price considering we have a makeshift midfield ATM. If Ranieri sticks to 442, we are likely to get overran with Defoe, Watmore and Anichebe interchanging. 

Marathon Bet are now going 5/2...

It's got to be 3-4-2-1. Back three from: Simpson, Hernandez, Morgan, Huth, Fuchs. Probably got to be King and Amartey in central midfield, wing backs either Albrighton or Simpson and Fuchs or Schlupp. Two free roaming attackers behind the striker, from Riyad, Shinji, Jamie, Islam, or Ahmed. Lone striker from, Jamie, Islam or Leo.

Just now, artursteppe said:

It's got to be 3-4-2-1. Back three from: Simpson, Hernandez, Morgan, Huth, Fuchs. Probably got to be King and Amartey in central midfield, wing backs either Albrighton or Simpson and Fuchs or Schlupp. Two free roaming attackers behind the striker, from Riyad, Shinji, Jamie, Islam, or Ahmed. Lone striker from, Jamie, Islam or Leo.

It's really not - it'll be 442 as you perfectly well know it will be.

Archived