Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Sunderland Away Pre-Match Thread

3 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

In all fairness to Merse, what he's saying as of this season so far is absolutely correct. We are doing nothing to displace the theory that we were a one season wonder and I can't see that changing. Big performance needed tomorrow as well as a result

There`s always one !!!!  

58 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Google tomorrow: reddit Leicester Sunderland stream. They always upload links. I don't watch the games otherwise.

Will do, thanks.

Rarely watch streamed, live matches due to differing reputations between various providers but tomorrow's an important match in particular to assess whether things can actually get any worse or the team have woken up to the league.

Why do people bother with streams?, it is less than 100 quid to get set up properly with a small satellite dish and receiver, and pay less than £3 a month subs, for this you get every match in every league in E urope on a proper telly

24 minutes ago, treer said:

Why do people bother with streams?, it is less than 100 quid to get set up properly with a small satellite dish and receiver, and pay less than £3 a month subs, for this you get every match in every league in E urope on a proper telly

To be frank I would happily listen to the game if I'm not attending. I don't mind commentary, it suits me.  Sadly I can't get on board with radio leicester at all, so I watch a stream. This pseudo fan personal is too much for me.  I treat streaming as a radio commentary, only I get the benefit of watching a replay or goal. It's not worth 100 annually, to me, else I'd commit. 

1 hour ago, treer said:

Can you give more detail on what combination of products/services you buy to do this? Sounds a good deal. By comparison, RL commentary is awful value.

14 hours ago, daz*dsb said:

With Zieler and our back line leaking worse than a 40 year old prostitutes bum-hole and our attack looking as potent and dangerous as a 85 year old man's flaccid penis; I hate to say it but I think we are going to do a lose this weekend.  

Crikey, you would liven up MOTD no end. lol

Mendy is up for selection..I have 2 trains of thought.

play him, to try and guarrantee 3 pts, even if it is too early and he could breakdown

Dont risk him ,if he is not quite upto it. 10-15 min cameo only.

Its a shame, but now we are all what squeamish, we the fans at least need something, to calm our worries

This mans fitness and still unknown quantities, could well define our season.

We all  realise surely, we just cant sit and wait for the jan.transfer window, we need something now from

within the team/squad. 

If Mendy is selected, this forum should give the guy some room,

coming into a struggling side after a long layoff wont be fun.

I dont want to settle already for a bottom 5 scrap, much prefer 16-12th boring but point taking season.

Being the permo optimist, I still hope for a From January run for the top 8.

Whether its a 6 pointer to open or it begins to give us space, or just to calm those jangling nerves, a loss

would send this forum, plus hardenned terrace fans into.......

well there is no Vocabulary that comes anywhere  near to defining that nuclear fall out to follow, now is there..!!!

After all this talk of films, and hollywood, Great Escape 2, is a shoed in formallity,

We have watched the players, so it definitily looks like thats what they're aiming for..

Vardy and Mahrez ....from nobodies, to heroes, to known nobodies, then to legends for eternity. Cant be more simple..

I'm hoping that the Porto game will have much less impact on the players minds...and Mendy is fit played for at least 30 minutes of the match, and as such expecting at least a 1-1 draw. Be nice to think we could actually put the ball onto the feet/heads of our attackers though unlike recent games.

Come on you Foxes!!!!!

I  would go 4-3-3 for this one, but we wont

Zeiler

Fuchs Huth Morgan Simpson

Amartey  King

okazki

Vardy    Slimani     Mahrez

And yes i know its backwards

I wonder if he'd be tempted to play amartey in defence? We are going to have to stifle Defoe that's for sure and I'm pretty convinced he'll run rings round our back four at present. Of cause that'd mean either James or a foward filling his role and I doubt they'd be ready or able to but if thy were....... 

But then what do I know, it'll be 442 again and a hellish 90 minutes! 

38 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

I wonder if he'd be tempted to play amartey in defence? We are going to have to stifle Defoe that's for sure and I'm pretty convinced he'll run rings round our back four at present. Of cause that'd mean either James or a foward filling his role and I doubt they'd be ready or able to but if thy were....... 

But then what do I know, it'll be 442 again and a hellish 90 minutes! 

He hasn't been tempted to try three in midfield even though we are getting no where with 442, I can't see him changing it up.  We do need Amartey sitting in front of the defence trying to break up play and mop up any loose balls.  My concern would be that most of the time he looks to get rid of the ball sideways or backwards as quick as he can.  The same with King who ended up giving away a lot of passes and putting other pressure last game.  When Amartey uses his pace and power to plunder forward, like the tail end of the last game, he was being effective.  I feel at times he is a poor backpass waiting to happen other times he looks he can carry the ball forward with ease.

We can't have Huth being drawn out of defence like last weekend exposing the defence to a simple through ball for Morgan to get outpaced.  It was such a lack of discipline and basic error for someone with his experience.  Fuchs needs to keep his cool.

Like every week I expect us to win.  I would start Slimani and Okazaki over Vardy.  It's getting too long in the season to be living off of last season.  Musa and Vardy can come on at 60mins to apply pressure and force Sunderland into making mistakes.  I'm not sure about Albrighton, his crosses have been poor from the left, hardly beating the first defender or to no one.  His run into the box that won the penalty is something he should be doing more of.

0-2.  Mahrez, Musa.

2 hours ago, supernuk said:

Does anyone know of a good app for streaming Leicester games on an iPhone 

hopefully we get at Sunderland and come away with a vital 3 points 

I use live media player which has good iPhone streams but not sure if you can still get it from the App Store...

Archived