Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Porto away Pre Match & team selection discuss

9 minutes ago, MonmoreStef said:

I can't help thinking we have gone a stupid price to win tonight.  Yes the team is going to contain plenty of changes but the likes of Musa and Gray likely to be on the wings and possibly Mendy and Drinkwater starting in midfield is hardly weakening us.  Huth is a loss but then again he isn't playing well. It's feasible tonight's team is stronger than what we've been putting out recently and Porto are average at best. There's no way we should be double figures. 

82/1 double with CSKA Moscow, got a feeling Spursy might want to chuck the game..

7 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

I see your logic but Shinji is pretty much the first name on the team sheet for me at the moment. He brings so much to how we play and is a great link player as well as adding to our defending from the front mentality. 

I dont disagree with that but do think a significant portion of that stems from only having 2 in the middle in the first place. If we had 3, he might not need to do as much pressing as he does now, and there'd be an extra CM to help with linking the play.

We'd lose width but Okazaki could play off the ST with Mahrez given a free role to go out wide and inside.

18 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

He's taken Barnes as a 4th CM. 

We dont usually have 2 CMs on the bench when we're playing 442.

This to me suggests we're playing 3 in the middle....

Or maybe I've put 2 and 2 together and got 5...lol

There's no other available subs though given who has been left at home.

4 hours ago, Babylon said:

Those that watch the youth team seem to think Barnes has so far this season been far better than Kapustka.

That rings true with Barnes being included tonight too. Maybe Kapustka just hasn't settled and is showing no more ability than those in the youth team and so given Claudio no reason to include him. It is difficult for fans to accept, when young players come with a lot of hype and promise and aren't included. Looking forward to seeing Barnes tonight though. About time we had another youngster coming through.

43 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

There's no other available subs though given who has been left at home.

He could have taken a young winger or stirker to make up the numbers though i guess, but he went with a CM.

If we play with 2 strikers, he likes to have 4 in the squad. We've only taken 3 and 1 is used as a winger.

Obviously i am making a massive assumption but who knows lol

5 hours ago, Babylon said:

Those that watch the youth team seem to think Barnes has so far this season been far better than Kapustka.

True so far....

I feel for Kapustka and to be honest, so much is expected of him that he's better to not be in the side yet. Barnes has come through the ranks since a kid with the bulk of the development squad.

Been done to death I know and he'll come good. Very difficult moving countries let alone having a daft price tag and arriving at an underperforming side by last years dizzy standards

31 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

That rings true with Barnes being included tonight too. Maybe Kapustka just hasn't settled and is showing no more ability than those in the youth team and so given Claudio no reason to include him. It is difficult for fans to accept, when young players come with a lot of hype and promise and aren't included. Looking forward to seeing Barnes tonight though. About time we had another youngster coming through.

Thought Kapustka was insured? 

Barnes = Assuming he comes on as a sub.

Just now, dynamark said:

Sky saying Vardy Mahrez and King RESTED.Id say dropped would be a better word.Still looking forward to seeing an alternate sete up

It's rested as they'll probably start Saturday. There's no point in risking them in a nothing game. 

Dan . They probably need to feel dropped .Get some fire going.

Left at home running up and down sandhills.

But I would always start Mahrez and Vardy should be able to give \john Stones and Bravo a very uncomfortable afternoon.That pair are a disaster waiting.

29 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Sky saying Vardy Mahrez and King RESTED.Id say dropped would be a better word.Still looking forward to seeing an alternate sete up

Dropped, of course it's dropped. Resting Andy King? Mahrez and Vardy should have been dropped before now, Huth has been poor lately. Slimani injured? maybe.

This is a chance for other players to keep them dropped, about time! 

20 minutes ago, artursteppe said:

Dropped, of course it's dropped. Resting Andy King? Mahrez and Vardy should have been dropped before now, Huth has been poor lately. Slimani injured? maybe.

This is a chance for other players to keep them dropped, about time! 

Huth and Slim are because they are both on a yellow, which get wiped after the groups!

Archived