Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

SEVILLA!

32 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Are you serious?

I'll tell you why it matters. It matters because it's a once in a lifetime opportunity that we'll probably never experience again as Leicester fans.

So what if it's got a 5-0 pasting written all over it? Miracles happen as we proved last season and football never ceases to surprise us when we least expect it . 90/92 league clubs would love to be in our place on Wednesday evening yet you see it as a 'distraction'?

We may well lose the next league game, but why do we even play league games? Because we want to be in the PL and finish as high as possible.

And why do we want to finish as high as possible each season? So hopefully we can ultimately qualify for Europe and go as far as we can. It's the whole reason for playing FFS.

I don't care what we 'learn' or not. I care that we are representing English football in Europe's premier club competition and I'm proud as fvck about that. We're living the European dream that most clubs like ours will never ever experience in their history.

And what do we 'gain' from winning? A place in the quarter final of the Champions League, that's what. 

What an amazing achievement that would be for a club like Leicester.

I'm so pissed off that people are dismissing this game like it's irrelevant. 

Today the Champions of England had less fight and desire than a 10 man third tier club with a quarter final place in the FA Cup on offer. 

I don't expect to win the tie but I do expect us to compete and put in a performance that is better than inept. I don't think it that much of a surprise if the attitude of some players is starting to rub off on the fans.

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

These past two months have ripped any enjoyment or excitement out of Wednesday's game. I honestly couldn't give a toss, I've not felt this bewildered or appalled with us in years and years. 

Someone said to my mate earlier, that watching leicester at present, has the same feeling and appeal, as getting up for work on a Monday morning lol, not wrong, it's hard to get up for a game, when you know  the team will serve up a shower of effortless, soulless crap, and roll over if they let a goal in

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

These past two months have ripped any enjoyment or excitement out of Wednesday's game. I honestly couldn't give a toss, I've not felt this bewildered or appalled with us in years and years. 

I'm seriously dreading this game. Will watch anyway. The same way I'd watch a horror film (I hate horror films).

2 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

Someone said to my mate earlier, that watching leicester at present, has the same feeling and appeal, as getting up for work on a Monday morning lol, not wrong, it's hard to get up for a game, when you know  the team will serve up a shower of effortless, soulless crap, and roll over if they let a goal in

Hahahahaa it's way worse than that. I liken it to having to go round your parents gaff for Sunday lunch absolutely honking and your parents hate each other and the atmosphere is hostile. Then two weeks later you're made to go round again and you convince yourself it'll be ok, then your Dad pings your mum on the door step as you pull up.

Just now, ZeGuy said:

I'm seriously dreading this game. Will watch anyway. The same way I'd watch a horror film (I hate horror films).

I'm going to try and squeeze in to my next door neighbours rabbit hutch half an hour before kick off and set myself a challenge of escaping before we score a goal again this year.

3 minutes ago, sm1 said:

We aren't scoring a goal against these lot. I'll take a 3-0.

You'll never know. Maybe Sevilla will go full Pep and play a high line defense (just enough to let us score once). Maybe our lot will turn up. That's what I keep telling to myself, although every week is here to remind me that you can't rely on blind faith alone.

17 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

It's just been boring as **** for ages now. I'm watching the game on the Tele and going on my phone for significant parts of it. I would never have done that in the past. We're playing with no recognisable style and having no shots. It's just ****ing dull.

39 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Today the Champions of England had less fight and desire than a 10 man third tier club with a quarter final place in the FA Cup on offer. 

I don't expect to win the tie but I do expect us to compete and put in a performance that is better than inept. I don't think it that much of a surprise if the attitude of some players is starting to rub off on the fans.

But this forum stands on i ts own..We are not sheep, so nothing should rub off on us...

Imagine nicking a draw in this game and going into the home leg with something to play for.

It would be buzzing at the KP.

We can't win away in the Premier League but we have won away in the Champions League this season so the players know its not impossible :P

We can do this! Shock them with a cohesive attack in minute one and score a goal, that's the least they'll expect we never score so they shall not be ready for it! 

32 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Imagine being in the Championship in 2012 and saying we don't give a shit about a last 16 Champions League tie. We'd be put into a mental institution. But I agree with you. I feel deflated. Cos I know we won't put up a fight and we'll lose 4 or 5-0.

1 hour ago, Koke said:

You will beat us 8-1 on aggregate. We can't defend and we can't score. We are really bad. 

Before the draw I was hoping we'd get Leverkusen or Benfica because we'd have a better chance of going through. Sevilla are on another level compared to the 2 teams I just mentioned. 

0% chance of us even drawing with you.

Wouldn't bet on that actually. I've seen tons of comments of 'getting slaughtered', 'totally annihilated' etc. , but I'm expecting a fight from Leicester... if nothing, the players will try to make the game ugly and not allow much fluid play.

In the end, we have that European competition spirit that a lot of players have it inflicted in them having won it 3 times in a row, and now under Sampaoli we are better at controlling matches when we don't need to attack but keep it low and not concede (like vs. Juventus or Lyon). Add to that being in a better form than Leicester, even though there has been a slight drop of form of Sevilla this month, with players like Nasri and N'Zonzi not giving their best... perhaps they're saving themselves for CL, not sure on that.

If somehow Leicester would collapse during the match, I'd expect a 2-3 goal lead maximum. If you guys keep it tight and fight to the end, it may be a narrow win or a draw, and we really need to be aware of the counters.

It's a whole different story when you have nothing to lose and go all in. Hoping in overall it will be a cracker and good football shown from both sides, and of course for the referees not to screw it up.

2 minutes ago, Sevillista1 said:

Wouldn't bet on that actually. I've seen tons of comments of 'getting slaughtered', 'totally annihilated' etc. , but I'm expecting a fight from Leicester... if nothing, the players will try to make the game ugly and not allow much fluid play.

In the end, we have that European competition spirit that a lot of players have it inflicted in them having won it 3 times in a row, and now under Sampaoli we are better at controlling matches when we don't need to attack but keep it low and not concede (like vs. Juventus or Lyon). Add to that being in a better form than Leicester, even though there has been a slight drop of form of Sevilla this month, with players like Nasri and N'Zonzi not giving their best... perhaps they're saving themselves for CL, not sure on that.

If somehow Leicester would collapse during the match, I'd expect a 2-3 goal lead maximum. If you guys keep it tight and fight to the end, it may be a narrow win or a draw, and we really need to be aware of the counters.

It's a whole different story when you have nothing to lose and go all in. Hoping in overall it will be a cracker and good football shown from both sides, and of course for the referees not to screw it up.

Thoughts on ben yedder? Rate him very highly 

5 minutes ago, Sevillista1 said:

No need to go easy on us mate, it'll be 10-0 to you lot and you know it.

5 minutes ago, Sevillista1 said:

That's probably what we will do until you score the first one. Then it's open house.

I just can't see anything changing,just hope they keep it respectable but afraid I can see us losing 7-1 over the two legs.Before whenever we went a goal or even two down there was a never give in attitude,that isn't there any more so as soon as we concede the heads go down and its all over.

1 minute ago, Harry96 said:

Thoughts on ben yedder? Rate him very highly 

He had a bit of a hard time to adapt, but once he found his feet he's doing pretty well now and took Vietto's starter position up front. We're often playing with 2 attackers in a 3-5-2 that often evolves to 3-4-3 and he's usually the lone striker with Jovetic and Vitolo/Sarabia helping him. For 9 million euros, it is proving to be a steal. We as fans and the whole management attribute the successes of Sevilla (from 2005-onward) to no one else but Monchi. Rumors are he'll be leaving in summer and that will mark the end of a beautiful era.

Archived