Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

SEVILLA!

Is anyone still really interested in the champions league! It was all exciting a few months back but the expected mauling Sevilla will hand us seems daunting, it feels like when your best man at a wedding, your kind of excited but also dreading what's going to happen and hope your not too embarrassed after 

31 minutes ago, jonny_wright said:

Is anyone still really interested in the champions league! It was all exciting a few months back but the expected mauling Sevilla will hand us seems daunting, it feels like when your best man at a wedding, your kind of excited but also dreading what's going to happen and hope your not too embarrassed after 

Our problem is, that too many of the players have the same mindset as you.

They are afraid of losing, long before the game starts.

15 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Rumour has it theyre playing their u21s to make it fairer

If we continue to play the way we have been playing I'm not sure that will make much difference.

All the optimism is being drained from my soul. It's not the fact we're losing - it's the manner of the defeats that upsets me.

We're champions of England and we've made it through to the last 16! We should be feeling like we're on top of the world!

What a difference a season makes,

25 little howlers..
Brought poorly in transfer hours,
And left any fight behind.

My yesterday was full of cheer,
We'd fill opposition with fear,
Today I'm saying "oh dear!

Our form is hard to find."

Lord what a diff'rence a season makes
Now we're also out of the cup,
And I'm ready to give up
We have no plan at all

'Cept maybe to hoof the ball

I pray Hail Mary

We improve because it's scary

What a diff'rence a season's made
It's surely the end for Ranieri 

would you believe ive had no internet now for 14 hours so I've been unable to send this? Ha. Sorry I know it's sad but just had that tune going around my head.

Anyone else hate going into work on Mondays? All the Man U fans in my office smugly ask how the weekend was.

Thursday is going to be terrible too. We are going to get absolutely battered. We'll have fulfilled the comments of all the other teams fans that said we'd be a national embarrassment. Sure, we broke records in qualifying, but I am fearful we'll break a record on Wednesday with the number of goals we'll concede.

25 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

Anyone else hate going into work on Mondays? All the Man U fans in my office smugly ask how the weekend was.

Thursday is going to be terrible too. We are going to get absolutely battered. We'll have fulfilled the comments of all the other teams fans that said we'd be a national embarrassment. Sure, we broke records in qualifying, but I am fearful we'll break a record on Wednesday with the number of goals we'll concede.

I'll ask the gooners in my office how they felt last Thursday. actually I know - they just moaned about the manager. 

9 hours ago, Father Ted said:

Don't know where to start really, players who we were calling for to come in let themselves down badly yesterday and those who are first team mainstays have hardly achieved anything of note. 

I'd go with:

Schmeichel

Amartey  Morgan  Benalouane  Chilwell

Albrighton  King  Ndidi  Drinkwater  Gray

Vardy

Subs: Zieler, Simpson, Fuchs, Mahrez, Mendy, Slimani, Okazaki.

Harsh on Mahrez but I'd prefer to see Albrighton on the right to begin with and Gray on the left. Need to control that middle.

I stopped taking you seriously as soon as I saw King in your starting 11. King wouldn't even get on the plane if it were my choice he's next to useless. He literally has forgotten how to pass the ball forward and his tackling back is dreadful. I actually like him and admire his loyalty to Leicester but he's got 'Championship' quality written all over him.

54 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

I stopped taking you seriously as soon as I saw King in your starting 11. King wouldn't even get on the plane if it were my choice he's next to useless. He literally has forgotten how to pass the ball forward and his tackling back is dreadful. I actually like him and admire his loyalty to Leicester but he's got 'Championship' quality written all over him.

If your problem in that team is king not albrighton you've gone as mental as Ranieri 

Schmeichel

Simpson  Morgan  Benalouane  Fuchs

Amartey               Ndidi

Mahrez                      Drinkwater                    Gray

Vardy/Slimani

What could go wrong with a big african wall infront of the back four!

EDIT.. but who am i kidding. This will be the ream

Schmeichel

Simpson  Morgan  Huth  Fuchs

Mahrez  Ndidi  Drinkwater  Albrighton

Okzaki  Vardy

Hello everyone!

My name´s Antonio and, as you may guess, I´m Spanish and of course, a Sevilla Fan.

I´m writing here because of the historical event we´re both gonna live in a couple of days in our city. We´re very excited about the chance of qualifying for the quarters of the CL, something we never got since this competion is named as that. 

I honestly think that both teams can feel kinda lucky with the draw, as we both got to avoid the main "giants". As you know, Sevilla is completing the best season of its history in the Spanish League. We´re playing good football, based of possesion and attack, with the risks that it implies. We know you´re not doing well this season, but of course, we still respect you. You did something amazing last season, and your Group Stage in CL was close to be outstanding. That´s why we don´t think we can take anything for granted. You guys are going to compete and give your bests in both legs, I´m sure about it. It´s a different competition, something very useful for players to get motivated and change the dynamic. 

Anyways, both teams options are going to depend on very concrete variables: you ´ll have to take advantage of your speed in the counterattack, trying to steal the ball when we´re starting up from the goalkeeper and defence; we feel confident about ourselves playing home and if you make mistakes in defence or you deffend so close to your own goal from the beginning, you´re gonna suffer because we have very technically gifted players with great vision in narrow spaces. 

I heard many fans from Leicester are coming and that´s something great. I just hope there´s no trouble between fans so we can enjoy nothing else but football. Our fans are mainly friendly and sociable (there are some stupid fools, you know, as in almost every team), so you´ll find a warm welcome from all us. For as long as I know, you´re not trouble and you got no dangerous hooligans, so we got all the conditions for a perfect football party. Let´s hope this is the beginning of a friendship between Sevilla and Leicester. 

To all those who come, it´s not gonna rain in any of these days and the temperature is gonna be kinda warm for you (between 10 at night and 20 during the day). The city centre is absolutely beautiful and it´s very easy to get there by bus or metro. In case you guys need any info or something, let me know, I´ll be glad to help you. 

Of course I´ll be to the stadium on Wednesday, ready to have a nice talk with your fans before the match if so. I deeply admire you, you´re a humble team who achieved glory above the mighty millionaire teams in your League. Let´s hope we can get kinda the same this season here, with Barcelona and Madrid. Even though we´re close to them, it´s very hard, but we gotta try. 

My best wishes from Sevilla. Antonio 

PD: Sorry for my english, I dunno if you understood it all :D 

12 minutes ago, antonio said:

Hello everyone!

My name´s Antonio and, as you may guess, I´m Spanish and of course, a Sevilla Fan.

I´m writing here because of the historical event we´re both gonna live in a couple of days in our city. We´re very excited about the chance of qualifying for the quarters of the CL, something we never got since this competion is named as that. 

I honestly think that both teams can feel kinda lucky with the draw, as we both got to avoid the main "giants". As you know, Sevilla is completing the best season of its history in the Spanish League. We´re playing good football, based of possesion and attack, with the risks that it implies. We know you´re not doing well this season, but of course, we still respect you. You did something amazing last season, and your Group Stage in CL was close to be outstanding. That´s why we don´t think we can take anything for granted. You guys are going to compete and give your bests in both legs, I´m sure about it. It´s a different competition, something very useful for players to get motivated and change the dynamic. 

Anyways, both teams options are going to depend on very concrete variables: you ´ll have to take advantage of your speed in the counterattack, trying to steal the ball when we´re starting up from the goalkeeper and defence; we feel confident about ourselves playing home and if you make mistakes in defence or you deffend so close to your own goal from the beginning, you´re gonna suffer because we have very technically gifted players with great vision in narrow spaces. 

I heard many fans from Leicester are coming and that´s something great. I just hope there´s no trouble between fans so we can enjoy nothing else but football. Our fans are mainly friendly and sociable (there are some stupid fools, you know, as in almost every team), so you´ll find a warm welcome from all us. For as long as I know, you´re not trouble and you got no dangerous hooligans, so we got all the conditions for a perfect football party. Let´s hope this is the beginning of a friendship between Sevilla and Leicester. 

To all those who come, it´s not gonna rain in any of these days and the temperature is gonna be kinda warm for you (between 10 at night and 20 during the day). The city centre is absolutely beautiful and it´s very easy to get there by bus or metro. In case you guys need any info or something, let me know, I´ll be glad to help you. 

Of course I´ll be to the stadium on Wednesday, ready to have a nice talk with your fans before the match if so. I deeply admire you, you´re a humble team who achieved glory above the mighty millionaire teams in your League. Let´s hope we can get kinda the same this season here, with Barcelona and Madrid. Even though we´re close to them, it´s very hard, but we gotta try. 

That's a lovely post Antonio. Are you able to secure me a ticket at all??

Cheers

20 minutes ago, antonio said:

Hello everyone!

Nice post Antonio,

a few of us are travelling without tickets. Do you expect to sell out? 

Hope you win La Liga! 

9 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

That's a lovely post Antonio. Are you able to secure me a ticket at all??

Cheers

If you arrive to Sevilla today or on Tuesday you can still buy tickets in our stadium. It seems tickets won´t be sold on Wednesday and the online service was disabled for this game. 

2 minutes ago, mod hero said:

Nice post Antonio,

a few of us are travelling without tickets. Do you expect to sell out? 

Hope you win La Liga! 

I´m sure all tickets will be sold out. Our stadium capacity is about 41500 and we got about 38000 season tickets sold... So as you can check, we got not many tickets for sale. Anyways, I could see in our web that there are still tickets left. The only conditions are: you have to purchase then personally on Monday or Tuesday (no online selling and not even the matchday in the stadium). I hope everyone get tickets!!

Thanks so much. We´re third now, which is such an achievement for us, considering we changed 70% of our squad from last season, including the coaches. 

Just thought I'd give a few hints and tips on where to visit, other than drinking venues, for those of you who want to have a look round a fantastic city

Cathedral - think it's the largest gothic cathedral in the world. Christopher Columbus' tomb is there (although apparently there's only a couple of pounds of his remains inside!). Climb the Giralda for a great view of the city.

Alcazar - beautiful palace with influences from over the last 1000 years starting from the Moors. The gardens are great too and where some of GoT was filmed.

Plaza de Espana - one of my favourite places in Seville. It is stunning. I would advise going at night when it's all lit up, is a bit quieter and looks incredible.

Barrio de Santa Cruz - nice narrow streets near the cathedral. There's plenty of shops and restaurants. We usually like having a few drinks at El Rincon,

Golden Tower - by the river is worth a quick visit - nice views from the top. I wouldn't bother with a river trip personally.

'Mushrooms' - fairly modern building. I'm not sure how keen the locals on were on it when it first opened but I think it's impressive. A family friend previously involved in the council managed to get a Betis badge printed onto one of the panels so look out for that if you go up to the top. Interesting Roman remains below too.

Triana - just across the river. It used to be the old gypsy quarter I think and is well worth having a walk through. We always pop in and have a look at the market.

Museum of Fine Arts - worth a look if you're into that sort of thing. Velasquez was born in Seville but there aren't many of his works inside. More of Murillo and Zurbaran. Pretty impressive Torrigiano sculpture too.

Italica - if you have time to get out of the city this is definitely worth a visit. Old roman city with an arena that is in fairly good condition.

I could go on and on. It really is a beautiful city and I'm a bit gutted I'm not making this trip. My best advice is to get lost, walk into more local looking bars and restaurants if you can, pop into one of them any churches and have a quick look, and drink plenty of Cruzcampo.

Archived