Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Drygon

Was Jamie Vardy's straight red card vs. Stoke City deserved?

When will we get retrospective reviews of football resulting in cards, or game bans?

We should just follow NFL in game reviews, but do this retrospectively and give out cards and game bans (for deceit, diving etc..) Yes it won't impact the result, but will impact future results.

They should also forget giving players fines, fining a club or a player 10,000 is like me being fined 10 quid . i'll take that every day of the week if it gets me a win.

4 hours ago, Raj said:

So how did Vardys challenge compare to that of Barclay's on Henderson?

You can always gauge an opinion by how the opposing players react to a challenge on one of their players.

I didn't see too many Stoke players run over to attack Vardy when "Allegedly he dived in 2 footed with the intent to break any legs!!!"

If you watch the highlights one of the Stoke players (think it was Joe Allen) actually went up to Vardy and asked "What did you do?!" Even Diouf himself said he didn't see it!

13 hours ago, Jobyfox said:

It was a foul, but a straight red is very debatable.

A really sensible decision would be to downgrade the offence to a yellow card instead of a red.

But it's the FA we're talking about and the ban and red will just be upheld. 

Its was a foul? 

No.

If you watch the replays - which presumably the 'panel' will, it shows he actually won the ball clearly with ONE foot.

Momentum then took him into the Stoke player. That was a collision after the ball had been won. 

Based on what actually transpired as opposed to 'what it looked like at the time' the reality is it should be rescinded as it was not a foul in the first place. 

That is where the obvious error on the part of Powson's decision can be found.

If the FA are interested in justice, and not protecting a system of officiating where decisions are made on a whim - depending on who the teams / players are that are involved,  then he should walk away in the clear.

That however is not likely to happen. 

9 minutes ago, FLAN said:

The yellow Pieters gotbhas been transferred to Indi due to mistaken identity. One is white the other is black. He's had a shocker all round hasn't he 

He should be kicked out for it. I think that was the worst performance I've ever seen. To much money involved for a joke like him to have a say in.

17 minutes ago, FLAN said:

The yellow Pieters gotbhas been transferred to Indi due to mistaken identity. One is white the other is black. He's had a shocker all round hasn't he 

as if that wasn't bad enough already i've been told that when you see the replay Pieters apparently isn't even in the camera shot 

Knocking Vardy off balance didn't help. To me it all looked pretty innocuous but unfortunately the match official only has one angle and a split second to make his judgment and on this occasion he got it wrong.

One fine sunny day the EPL will invest some of their millions into more much needed technology. For instance, a word in the ear of the ref by an adjudicator in the stands wouldn't go amiss.

1 minute ago, David Hankey said:

Knocking Vardy off balance didn't help. To me it all looked pretty innocuous but unfortunately the match official only has one angle and a split second to make his judgment and on this occasion he got it wrong.

One fine sunny day the EPL will invest some of their millions into more much needed technology. For instance, a word in the ear of the ref by an adjudicator in the stands wouldn't go amiss.

Like........ 'twat'!!

GIven the impact of such decisions I wonder why the Ref doesn't confer rather then making a snap judgement... I spend more time picking winners (and losers) ...  that aside I feel that there should be a more pubic rating of ref performance... they can ruin a clubs month and get off scot free.

It's proper blue tinted glasses thinking it's not a red, he dives in with both feet.

If Johnson has knocked him and put him off balance, that is the definition of not being in control, to then lunge forward with both feet puts the other player at serious risk of injury if he misstimes it all. Watch the first 7 seconds of this and say it's not a red again...

Not saying the Everton bloke shouldn't of been sent of either, just Vardy's tackle was a red...

15 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

It's proper blue tinted glasses thinking it's not a red, he dives in with both feet.

If Johnson has knocked him and put him off balance, that is the definition of not being in control, to then lunge forward with both feet puts the other player at serious risk of injury if he misstimes it all. Watch the first 7 seconds of this and say it's not a red again...

Not saying the Everton bloke shouldn't of been sent of either, just Vardy's tackle was a red...

Surely that means it was a foul on Vardy then?

Archived