Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Drygon

Was Jamie Vardy's straight red card vs. Stoke City deserved?

Jamie Vardy's appeal against his red card in Leicester City's 2-2 draw with Stoke will be heard on Tuesday afternoon.

An FA panel will decide whether or not referee Craig Pawson made an 'obvious error' insending off Vardy for a tackle on Stoke winger Mame Diouf.

3 minutes ago, davieG said:

Jamie Vardy's appeal against his red card in Leicester City's 2-2 draw with Stoke will be heard on Tuesday afternoon.

An FA panel will decide whether or not referee Craig Pawson made an 'obvious error' insending off Vardy for a tackle on Stoke winger Mame Diouf.

If that's the case, I don't think we'll get the decision - it was a 'rather less than obvious error' for me...

The simple question that will be asked is when he made the tackle was he out of control and could have caused injury to not just an opposing player but also himself. When you go to tackle with both feet off the ground then you are always deemed to be out of control yes there was a nudge but I doubt that will be the deciding factor. Did the ref make an obvious mistake? It was probablyon the margins but the defence of he didn't mean to do it, there was no intent or even no injury occurred will not be a consideration.

Dermot Gallagher just talking out of his absolute arse on Sky.

'Was it likely to endanger the opponent? Yes' lol 

'Was he airborne? Yes' Not when he made the tackle he wasn't you slap head.

'Was he in control? No' Based on what?

What a cretin that bloke is.

If it has to be an obvious error it won't get overturned. Watch it with a good angle and you can see the foul on Vardy to force him off balance, and that he's not two footed or studs up when he reaches diouf, but you could excuse pawson on a split second viewing and dioufs dive making it look like a lunge. Completely wrong that cheating to get an opponent sent off could be used as an excuse to uphold that sending off, but the FA appeals process is a joke anyway.

Why does it have to be an obvious error? It surely only matters that with hindsight an error was made and an injustice was inflicted on both player and club. Rescinding the ban is simply minimising the injustice.

Who hears these appeals anyway? Is it an independent body? If it is the FA themselves, then they are acting as police, judge and jury.

The 3 game ban will stand. There is next to no chance of getting it overturned.

There is no consistency with Premier League referees and there have been worse challenges recently that have not been given red cards. Examples being Rojo twice and Barkley tonight but they can't be used to defend Vardy. The FA will judge Vardy's red card on its own merits and the sending off will be upheld.

Obviously I hope I've got this totally wrong!

I think The only person who could have overturned the decision was Pawson himself after reviewing the incident. The panel will not do so. If pawson had changed his mind it would have happened today so we can forget that now. Sadly, JV will serve  a three match ban. 

at last he will be fresh when slim goes to the AFCON 

I have just seen barkleys tackle on henderson which could have broken his leg or ankle get a yellow card,where as vardys tackle actually catches the top of the ball with his foot and with the follow through hardly touch's the Stoke player.

If the fa doesn't review the barkley challenge on video evidence it just shows that some of the big clubs get preference over the so called smaller clubs.

As for vardys evidence it will probably get swept into the corner.

1 hour ago, foxyblue said:

I have just seen barkleys tackle on henderson which could have broken his leg or ankle get a yellow card,where as vardys tackle actually catches the top of the ball with his foot and with the follow through hardly touch's the Stoke player.

If the fa doesn't review the barkley challenge on video evidence it just shows that some of the big clubs get preference over the so called smaller clubs.

As for vardys evidence it will probably get swept into the corner.

He received a yellow card for it so it won't be reviewed even though it should have been a red card. Similar to the two separate incidents with Rojo.

15 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Being appealed.

Brave decision ...   although the ref was a complete tool I'm not confident it will be overturned.   Must admit I thought it was a red but with so many saying it wasn't I'm doubting myself.

Thought Cityfanlee took a slightly unnecessary pasting. 

7 hours ago, Jobyfox said:

It was a foul, but a straight red is very debatable.

A really sensible decision would be to downgrade the offence to a yellow card instead of a red.

But it's the FA we're talking about and the ban and red will just be upheld. 

It wasn't even a foul though. 

Yes, Vardy's feet were off the ground as a result of the push from Johnson but they were back on the ground and one foot in front of the other by the time he made contact with the ball. At that point, Diouf is still a couple of paces away from the ball and actually goes running in, clips and dives over Vardy on his follow through. 

You can see all of this in slow motion but on his one viewing, Pawson has no chance of seeing what actually happened and it does look bad at normal speed. 

Even showing the incident to the FA in slow motion won't be enough to get the ban overturned because of that. You simply can't judge that he made an obvious error at normal speed.

So how did Vardys challenge compare to that of Barclay's on Henderson?

You can always gauge an opinion by how the opposing players react to a challenge on one of their players.

I didn't see too many Stoke players run over to attack Vardy when "Allegedly he dived in 2 footed with the intent to break any legs!!!"

5 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Brave decision ...   although the ref was a complete tool I'm not confident it will be overturned.   Must admit I thought it was a red but with so many saying it wasn't I'm doubting myself.

Thought Cityfanlee took a slightly unnecessary pasting. 

Nothing unnecessary about pasting him lol 

Archived