Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Drygon

Was Jamie Vardy's straight red card vs. Stoke City deserved?

15 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Yeah that's what I think they'll say. I think he's made his decision to go in and by the time it would of become obvious to him that he was off balance he was well past the point of no return so a none argument for me but sure that's what they'll say. Either that or they will just say it's two feet which I guess it is in fairness to them but blatantly not intentional 

Do we know if we are going for an appeal yet? Surely got to be at least worth a go.

Yes read this morning we will appeal.

19 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Yeah that's what I think they'll say. I think he's made his decision to go in and by the time it would of become obvious to him that he was off balance he was well past the point of no return so a none argument for me but sure that's what they'll say. Either that or they will just say it's two feet which I guess it is in fairness to them but blatantly not intentional 

Do we know if we are going for an appeal yet? Surely got to be at least worth a go.

Foxes to contest Vardy red card

c4733f8d-ecaa-471f-9022-9b01aa42239c.jpg

BBC Radio Leicester

Posted at9:39

Leicester City are to appeal against the red card shown to striker Jamie Vardy in Saturday's 2-2 draw with Stoke City. We also understand the Football Association are likely to seek comments from both clubs regarding alleged coin-throwing by fans at the game on Saturday.

21 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

To me their argument is daft. How do you pull out of the challenge if you aren't in control? To me that makes no sense. 

My fear is the FA will do all they can to not rescind the card just to save Pawson. 

Out of control means you cannot change where you are headed because you are in mid air.  They will argue that he could have avoided making the tackle by pulling his legs in towards him. It's a tough arguement to make but they don't really have to prove anything  - we do! Vardy could argue that making himself into a 'ball' by tucking his legs in could have been even more dangerous to the opponent.  

Still think they will protect pawson by rejecting any appeal. Much easier to reject the appeal than accept it. 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Out of control means you cannot change where you are headed because you are in mid air.  They will argue that he could have avoided making the tackle by pulling his legs in towards him. It's a tough arguement to make but they don't really have to prove anything  - we do! Vardy could argue that making himself into a 'ball' by tucking his legs in could have been even more dangerous to the opponent.  

Still think they will protect pawson by rejecting any appeal. Much easier to reject the appeal than accept it. 

I will be surprised if we win the appeal. Its the right decision but we wont get it

1 minute ago, Vocey said:

Can't see us winning the appeal...you can see why the ref has given it (doesn't mean it's correct decision) but makes it almost impossible to overturn. Will the ban increase if we have an unsuccessful appeal?

It shouldn't do, as much as you can see why he gave it you can see why he perhaps shouldn't. They tend to increase bans if you take the piss we clearly have grounds to question this decision at the very least. 

15 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

It shouldn't do, as much as you can see why he gave it you can see why he perhaps shouldn't. They tend to increase bans if you take the piss we clearly have grounds to question this decision at the very least. 

Agree on both points there. Here's hoping anyway, would be nice to have Vardy up against Williams and Jagielka on boxing day

If anyone watched that Sky program with Kammy and Ben Shepperd they slowed it down and GJ pushes Vardy that causes Vardy to kick his standing leg, he trips over and that is clearly the reason both feet are off the ground.

Guessing this is the way we portray it in the appeal

2 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

If anyone watched that Sky program with Kammy and Ben Shepperd they slowed it down and GJ pushes Vardy that causes Vardy to kick his standing leg, he trips over and that is clearly the reason both feet are off the ground.

Guessing this is the way we portray it in the appeal

Are you sure he didnt just do that thing where he basically trips himself up?

This is the first time I think I've ever been on Vardy's side after a refereeing decision, no way it's a red for me. He's gone down under pressure and tried to win the ball. Fairly confident it'll be rescinded unless the FA decide to protect Pawson.

Is it the FA or Premier League that pick referee's for fixtures?

I completely understand why the ref gave it, it looked like he had  launched himself at the ball and that is dangerous, but as soon as you see that he was being pushed and pulled by Johnson and that his back leg clips his front leg his attempt at winning the ball, which he did and had every right to go for, turn into a dangerous lunge, but that was Johnson's fault not Vardy's.

I think the push made both feet come off the floor. It's a yellow at most for me.

I'm getting really bored with how sterile they are trying to make the game. Good tackles are regularly receiving yellow and red cards on a regular basis.

I can see why the ref made the call...just, but if they don't do the correct thing and rescind it, then frankly it's all become a bit of a joke. Also, Simpsons hand was behind his neck, not trying to stop the ball. 

he was clearly going for the ball and actually got a bit of it, utterly disgraceful decision by the referee and evan the match of the day pundits thought it was unjust, are refs trying to show they are not favoring us like they were acussed of last season. 

16 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

They can overturn the red card but still support the referee's match day assessment. I think it's 50-50. But do think we have a chance if they argue that Vardy was pushed. He even said immediately after the challenge to Bojan, "I couldn't do anything, he pushed me".

Archived