Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

George Michael - Dead

9 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

@Fox92 I can think of not one credible musical artist who will claim to have been heavily influenced by George Michael lol , he has been irrelevant for 25 years buddy , the word celebrity is the key word here , he wasn't an artist of any great talent , he was no leonard Cohen etc.... he was a gay man who crashed his car off his head and cruised for sex  that's what he is most famous for these days , he was indeed a celebrity and one of limited influence , so opening a tread for him seems to completely sum up the vacuous and superficial world we live in 

his death is neither a surprise or shock to many , to others it will be , the fact his celebrity death seems to be causing mass panic on Facebook Twitter and now this forum is wholly due to the fact people live very very shallow , soft irrelevant lives. 

What a time to be alive 

today I'm hunting , I will ride my horse and hunt my hounds in pursuit of a smelly rag ! I can't even kill a fox today because of the same silly people lamenting this irrelevant man's death ! 

Untimely and sad , but irrelevant none the less 

What a time to be alive 

I'm no massive fan, like I said (this forum knows who my true musical tastes are lol) but he was a very good singer and a decent songwriter. I agree he was no Cohen, no Bowie etc but he's certainly someone who has helped shape pop music in this Country and someone who wrote the likes of 'I'm Your Man', 'Careless Whisper', 'Last Christmas' etc. He had a good voice and was a great talent.

The fact he was gay - so what if he was it's his personal life - has nothing to do with his talent as a singer-songwriter.

It's not causing "mass panic" on social media either, it's just people in shock. Whether it's a surprise or not, the guy in his early 50s ffs. Have some respect. I don't know how you constantly write shite like that and are not banned. 

Good bit of insight into the man here: https://www.theguardian.com/music/musicblog/2016/dec/26/george-michael-press-encounters-publicist-tabloids

Must look up the 2 interviews referred to, sound very interesting. 

Did feel a little bit of warmth in my heart just now when I read Richard Osman's tweet about him giving 15 grand to a woman to pay for her IVF treatment after she talked about it on Deal or No Deal, of all things

What a voice. What a talent. 

Listen Without Prejudice was probably my favourite album of his.

And his duet with Elton John on 'Don't let the sun go down on me' is an all time classic.

Really sad news, we've lost another pop legend. RIP George Michael. 

Can we have a "Gaelic Fox is a twat" thread?

Why the hell is there an argument about a persons sexuality being linked to a cause of death? It doesn't matter, the man is dead.

Would there been such speculation if say, David Beckham, had died? No.

RIP George Michael. His live gigs where phenomenal. Legend.

Can't say that I was a massive fan but he obviously had talent for surviving in the music industry. I did not judge him on his private life.

Last Christmas you gave us your heart
This year it fell apart
Things are not made to last they say
Like they used to in the old days
Now it seems that I am
Subjected to non stop Wham

4 hours ago, GaelicFox said:

But it seems he did die of HIV/AIDS ,

And its well known he was suffering for years !

His greatest Shame was he could have put this aweful disease back in the spot light and helped raise millions and millions for research !

http://www.smobserved.com/story/2016/12/25/news/singer-george-michael-succumbs-to-hivaids-at-53-at-home-in-england/2421.html

he was never public about having HIV if he did.

me personally i was raised on his music. I remember my mum crying her heart out when he got caught in that toilet and coming out as gay! one of my first memories was being driven around in the back of my dads seirra saffire with my mum in the passenger seat listening to Faith. He was one of my "guilty pleasures" but to see a lot of others coming out the woodwork now as at least admirers of his work makes me happy. 

he did what he wanted to achieve, some of his work has outlasted him. 

2 hours ago, Parafox said:

Can we have a "Gaelic Fox is a twat" thread?

Why the hell is there an argument about a persons sexuality being linked to a cause of death? It doesn't matter, the man is dead.

Would there been such speculation if say, David Beckham, had died? No.

RIP George Michael. His live gigs where phenomenal. Legend.

I'm surprised no one's banned him yet considering the amount of weird crap he posts day in day out. 

4 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Fair play, I did say above I wasn't slating you as he could well have it was just a bit surprising to read one of the first posts in the thread suggested that.

Well aware men who sleep with woman can get AIDS but as my post said it's pretty obvious where that comment would lead this thread.

As for calling me an idiot, I didn't get personal with you on here and again did mention I wasn't slating you but it made me smile that you could have mentioned 1000s of diseases but you chose to speculate at that.

I will probably get a barrage of abuse if he did actually die of that but my point still stands, let's not post pure speculation about someone's death within minutes of it being confirmed that could lead to stereotypes, I have a friend who is HIV positive and he has done a fair bit to educate people so it is something I know a bit about.

Finally, I did find it quite ironic that I turned the TV on during our conversation and Dallas Buyers Club was on, If anyone on here hasn't watched it you should.

I called you an idiot because it wasn't fair of you to try and twist my post into one of ignorance

why didn't you pick up on the other things I 'speculated' upon?

it seems that you were a bit too quick to try and attack me.

5 hours ago, separator said:

His manager has said he died from heart failure, though how he knows that without a post mortem I don't know. Maybe he was with him when it happened.

Arrising out of complications from pneumonia..

Just listened to a radio 2 tribute programme to him in the car on the way up to my folks.

Regardless of his personal life, he was a seriously talented singer/song writer.

I was never a huge fan but his death has probably hit me more than the others this year. 

I guess it means more when you grow up listening to the music which helps provide the soundtrack to your own youth. 

53 is no age at all really but he'll be remembered for a long, long time. 

Remember: Choose Life people...

Archived