Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Who's the worst player you've seen in a Leicester shirt?

As for worst player i've seen personally (i'm going to go with matches i've attended not just watched on TV - which could be an extensive list!)

Matt Mills - for what we paid he wasn't good at all, I saw him in a couple of games live and for a guy with a decent rep and potential he just seemed to be (just a bit) short of being a top defender, what I mean by that is for what I was expecting he just seemed overall a tier below that, his positioning was a step behind what i expected, his jumping was a step behind what i expected, his anticipation of the game was below what I expected, he just didn't seem to be that £5m top Championship defender we were after - of course you can argue perhaps it was my expectation - but he was one of our "big" signings that year when we tried to scoop up a load of players for our Sven promotion push.

Nikos Dabizas - yeah he actually came into our Prem season 03/04 and made our defense worse somehow, he was a walking calamity for whatever reason and made numerous mistakes - a lot of goal costing ones. Saw a couple of games late season where he really looked wobbly.

Honourable mentions: DJ Campbell, Bruno N'Gotty, Rad Kishishev

10 minutes ago, TAFKA Castroneves said:

As for worst player i've seen personally (i'm going to go with matches i've attended not just watched on TV - which could be an extensive list!)

Matt Mills - for what we paid he wasn't good at all, I saw him in a couple of games live and for a guy with a decent rep and potential he just seemed to be (just a bit) short of being a top defender, what I mean by that is for what I was expecting he just seemed overall a tier below that, his positioning was a step behind what i expected, his jumping was a step behind what i expected, his anticipation of the game was below what I expected, he just didn't seem to be that £5m top Championship defender we were after - of course you can argue perhaps it was my expectation - but he was one of our "big" signings that year when we tried to scoop up a load of players for our Sven promotion push.

Nikos Dabizas - yeah he actually came into our Prem season 03/04 and made our defense worse somehow, he was a walking calamity for whatever reason and made numerous mistakes - a lot of goal costing ones. Saw a couple of games late season where he really looked wobbly.

Honourable mentions: DJ Campbell, Bruno N'Gotty, Rad Kishishev

I thought Howey was worse than Nik the Greek......although they made quite a double act.

In terms of those that made a decent number of appearances, as Bednar and Horsefield were both proper dreadful, It's hard to look past Elvis for me, I've never seen a striker with such an inability to hit the target, he wasn't even prolific in the Conference how he ended up stealing a living playing 2nd tier football for three years I don't know......what's worse is there were those on here who actually backed him lol.

10 hours ago, Sooper Steve's shin said:

Hossein Kaebi

Jimmy Neilsen

Alan Rogers

Zejlko Kalac

Lee Marshall

Rab Douglas

Junior Lewis

Andy Johnson

John Curtis

Matt Oakley

Stephen Hughes

Elvis Hammond

Mark De Vries

I'm not entirely sure why Oakley is in that list. Alright he's not anywhere near the best player to have graced our shirt but not in their bracket either IMHO 

51 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I thought Howey was worse than Nik the Greek......although they made quite a double act.

In terms of those that made a decent number of appearances, as Bednar and Horsefield were both proper dreadful, It's hard to look past Elvis for me, I've never seen a striker with such an inability to hit the target, he wasn't even prolific in the Conference how he ended up stealing a living playing 2nd tier football for three years I don't know......what's worse is there were those on here who actually backed him lol.

I guess it's no irony the two names close to this list were Howey and Hammond then lol

Yeah Howey was bad but i'll give him some freedom as I'm fairly sure he was battling alcoholism at the time - perhaps someone can correct me if i've remembered that wrong. Elvis for appearances, yeah, not good :whistle:

11 hours ago, Sooper Steve's shin said:

Hossein Kaebi

Jimmy Neilsen

Alan Rogers

Zejlko Kalac

Lee Marshall

Rab Douglas

Junior Lewis

Andy Johnson

John Curtis

Matt Oakley

Stephen Hughes

Elvis Hammond

Mark De Vries

Very Harsh.

Not in my world 11 but still very harsh...

On 1/2/2017 at 07:09, Paddy. said:

Would be fair to say Big Trev didn't quite convince at any of the clubs he played for.....and he's had a few:

Screenshot_20170102-120417.pngScreenshot_20170102-120431.png

He was quite tidy at Cambridge but i remember seeing his signing-on photo and thinking " those are pretty thick glasses for an attacker...."

You'd of thought the scouting network would of noticed that too....

I think there is a difference between those players who tried hard but were simply limited in ability and those who had ability but a crap attitude.  I remember sitting in the directors box when we played Plymouth just before the Serbian take over.  The Directors all arrived with expensive camel haired coats but none of them willing to invest much cash into the club.  That side were limited by the lack of funds.  Players like Mark Devries did their best. He only cost a paltry £50,000.  It's unfair to lump them with people like Wise.  

20 minutes ago, Rialto 290352 said:

I think there is a difference between those players who tried hard but were simply limited in ability and those who had ability but a crap attitude.  I remember sitting in the directors box when we played Plymouth just before the Serbian take over.  The Directors all arrived with expensive camel haired coats but none of them willing to invest much cash into the club.  That side were limited by the lack of funds.  Players like Mark Devries did their best. He only cost a paltry £50,000.  It's unfair to lump them with people like Wise.  

Also de Vries scored that goal against Spurs, man gets a free pass on ever being considered our 'worst' buy in any aspect.

Archived