Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Who's the worst player you've seen in a Leicester shirt?

I tend to avoid players that were simply poor as it was hardly their fault that they were signed by us.

So my choices would be Wise and Dublin for their total lack of commitment compared to their actual ability but Wise tops the list for his massive disruption to the club and for being so influential in our going into administration.

Josh Low was truly on a different level of shite. Totally the wrong size for a winger, he was slow, couldn't pass, couldn't shoot, couldn't cross, couldn't tackle. Basically a league 2 average standard player thrust into the Championship. Little wonder he lasted about 6 months here before he was jettisoned to Peterborough where he played as a right back.

3 hours ago, john ridley said:

Must admit Tommy English was pants ,especially after he was swapped for Jim Melrose .

To make matters worse, wasn't the deal done with Cov?

Most have been mentioned - and this thread repeats every few months. DJ Campbell and Akinbiyi were perhaps the worst regarding return v outlay. 

Peter Canero, Brian Carey, Nicky Mohan, Zeljko 'Spider' Kalac, Norman Leet.

Roger Davies was a bit shit.

Runner up, Junior Lewis or Josh Lowe. However, we already have a winner in my opinion - the aforementioned (by another member), Lammie Robertson. If this means nothing to you, or you weren't around then, be grateful. 

3 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

Well, Junior Lewis is the stand out contender, but I'm going to cut him some slack. He was massively out of his depth and shouldn't have been within a million miles of a Premier League team. And at least he did try, even if he was shit. It was like watching a bloke out of the crowd run around like a headless chicken, unable to keep up with the game and then unable to even complete a simple pass. But I'm sure his heart was in it so for that reason I'm going to vote for the total opposite - a player who came with a grand reputation for a tonne of money and then barely even broke sweat - Dennis Wise - who is also the biggest cnut to ever play for us too.

I agree, Wise has to be up there, but he is really the most hateful player in our history, not the worst.  Does anybody know whether he won his claim for wrongful dismissal?  If he did the world is truly upside down.

I remember Junior Lewis' first game in a home draw with Chelsea.  I think he was on loan at the time and somehow he had a stormer looking like the new Patrick Vieira.  I don't know how he did it and neither did he I presume.  He got a permanent move after that and never got close to repeating that performance looking every inch the non-league clogger.

I think there is a case to be made for almost all of Peter Taylor's signings, but it has to be Akinbyi for me.  

we bought a defender called gregor stevens I think, he was from Rangers I believe....was total and utter rubbish. Did not last long and has to be the worst I have witnessed.

Ahh just googled him, came from Motherwell and went back up north to Rangers

24 minutes ago, murphy said:

I agree, Wise has to be up there, but he is really the most hateful player in our history, not the worst.  Does anybody know whether he won his claim for wrongful dismissal?  If he did the world is truly upside down.

I remember Junior Lewis' first game in a home draw with Chelsea.  I think he was on loan at the time and somehow he had a stormer looking like the new Patrick Vieira.  I don't know how he did it and neither did he I presume.  He got a permanent move after that and never got close to repeating that performance looking every inch the non-league clogger.

I think there is a case to be made for almost all of Peter Taylor's signings, but it has to be Akinbyi for me.  

iirc, the club settled out of court with Wise for an undisclosed amount.

To be honest, if you can't sack someone for violently assaulting a colleague, then the world really is bonkers!

5 minutes ago, desmo666 said:

we bought a defender called gregor stevens I think, he was from Rangers I believe....was total and utter rubbish. Did not last long and has to be the worst I have witnessed.

Ahh just googled him, came from Motherwell and went back up north to Rangers

Well remembered, a Jock Wallace signing. Christ, I'd forgotten about Stevens...that's the problem with threads like this.

Because we had higher expectations of him, Dennis Wise is in a catagory of his own for sending us backwards and causing so much disruption. A year earlier he was starting games for England, was it too much to expect more than a thug intent on getting the man and not the ball and constantly playing easily intercepted sideways passes. Whilst pointing a lot and shouting things in Cockney.

When it comes to youth players filling in as an emergency I let them off, some were clearly out of their depth but the economics of the day were that you need to have a squad of numerous bodies to deal with injuries and suspensions but the budget goes on those more likely to play and the lower end of the squad will always be thin unless you use a Sunday League solution and have no one on the bench when you're short (or register the chairman!)

Where I do get wound up is the continued selection of someone who is playing awfully, step forward Josh Low. As a right winger who still fancied my chances myself I watched him for an entire game, his movements, his runs, his tracking back. I concluded that all he had over me and the majority of the watching crowd was a superior fitness over us, ability wise he was stealing a living. This was at a time when the game was changing and yes, fitness alone could get you some way in the game. It's when you come home from a game knowing you can cross a ball better than the winger, your decision making, positional play and common sense is better, you think why am I paying to watch this!

Lee Marshall similarly, I seem to remember a series of goal costing errors, giving away free kicks on the edge of the box, losing his man, dodgy backpasses etc to the degreee that we would be more effective playing with ten men than this bomb scare of a player. 

Alan 'collect a yellow' Sheehan?

Seriously though, Dennis wise, could not be bothered to put any effort in and with his twat of an agent, sent the club into admin, horrible little man.

We have had some awful players at times though, why Little payed any money for Nicky Mohan is beyond me?

1. Zeljko Kalac

2. Alan Rogers

3. Ryan Mcgiven

4. Brian Carey

5. Matt Mills

6. Denis Wise

7. Gareth Williams

8. Matt Jones

9. Jermain Beckford

10. Elvis Hammond

11. Andy Johnson

12. Danny Tiatto

13. Paddy McCarthy

14. Stephen Clemmence

15. Alan Maybury

16. Dj Cambell

17. Ricardo

18. Jamie Clapham

5 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

his movements, his runs, his tracking back. I concluded that all he had over me and the majority of the watching crowd was a superior fitness over us, ability wise he was stealing a living. This was at a time when the game was changing and yes, fitness alone could get you some way in the game. It's when you come home from a game knowing you can cross a ball better than the winger, your decision making, positional play and common sense is better, you think why am I paying to watch this!

Schlupp_2889168.jpg

4 hours ago, john ridley said:

Must admit Tommy English was pants ,especially after he was swapped for Jim Melrose .

Only gossip but back then I remember my dad telling me we had a choice of taking either Tommy English or Mark Hateley in exchange for Melrose, if this was true we chose badly, very badly.

Archived