Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Crazy Kop Corner

What is our best starting 11 over the next month?

What do people consider is our best 11 over the next month or so whilst the AFCON players are away?  

Should we change for home and away games?

My 11 for what it's worth would be

Schmeichel

Simpson  Morgan  Huth  Chilwell

Mendy Drinkwater Ndidi

Albrighton       Grey

Vardy

2 minutes ago, Crazy Kop Corner said:

What do people consider is our best 11 over the next month or so whilst the AFCON players are away?  

Schmeichel

Mendy Drinkwater Ndidi

Albrighton       Grey

Vardy

I think we could get away with playing Albrighton right back and put in Musa against certain opposition at home. 

It won't happen but I would quite like to see a MO'N style 5-3-2 with Albrighton and Chilwell as wing backs.

Schmeichel

Albrighton

Morgan

Huth

Fuchs

Chilwell

Mendy

Ndidi

Drinkwater

Ulloa

Vardy

I am actually not bothered about AFCON taking Mahrez as I think we will have a more solid team without him.

Guest CityFan 06

We seemed to of become more solid with these formation changes, particularly having the extra man in the midfield. We've become less of an exposable unit.

We've got a lot of options which is very good, the arrival of Ndidi and Mendy coming back into the side has been very welcomed. Musa has shown his quality up front and capability to play in that position (playing 4-3-3 suits him perfectly as he can also operate out wide), Albrighton is shining at RM, Gray has done well since coming into the side more regularly, Chilwell looks assured at LB / down that left side... so overall it's all set up for us to have a much more successful, second half of the season. I'm hoping we can really start to push on in these next 5 months and consolidate ourselves in the top half. 

I'm impressed by our squad depth, although the defence needs a few more options/backup. I mean, we've got three very good CDM's in Mendy, Ndidi and Amartey. In terms of the midfield our options are quite healthy when you mention the likes of Drinkwater, King and James. We've got Vardy, Slimani (AFCON), Musa, Ulloa and Okazaki for forwards. Out wide we have Albrighton, Kapustka ?, Gray, Musa and Mahrez. It's pleasing that we have these sort of options to rotate, even when players are out of the squad on other duties (i.e Amartey, Mahrez and Slimani).

Schmeichel

Simpson Morgan Huth Fuchs

Mendy Ndidi

Drinkwater

MA/DG Vardy Musa

2 hours ago, Crazy Kop Corner said:

Schmeichel

Mendy Drinkwater Ndidi

Albrighton       Grey

Vardy

+1 for the user name. I sat there with my folks in 99/2000

20 hours ago, stix said:

Schmeichel

Simpson

Morgan

Huth

Chilwell

Drinkwater

Ndidi

Mendy

Gray

Vardy

Musa

Thats the one for me. Albrighton doesnt create enough or score enough for a player who plays in that position to warrant a start. Playing one striker and three central midfielders allows us play attacking wide players in Musa and Gray with Vardy up top. 

The only thing Id change is get all the front three moving about ala Giroud/Sanchez/Ozil at Arsenal or even Messi/Suarez/Neymar. Im not comparing our lot to them but Im saying at times you will see Sanchez and Ozil swapping possies and the same with Messi and the other two. Move around, confuse the oppos defenders and pull them all over the pitch but not literally lol 

20 hours ago, stix said:

Schmeichel

Simpson

Morgan

Huth

Chilwell

Drinkwater

Ndidi

Mendy

Gray

Vardy

Musa

I really like that team.

There are question marks over Chilwell, Ndidi, Mendy, Gray and Musa. Lets give them a run in the team until the AFCON players come back and see where the land lies then.

Schmichael

Simpson Huth Morgan Chillwell

Amartey Ndidi  

Gray           Kapustka

Slimani Vardy 

:) lolz

Real - What we played at the weekend except musa and Vardy

20 hours ago, lgfualol said:

And Kapustka off the bench.

YES, there is a kapustka fanclub here i'm not sure what we are fans of tho. He did look alright on the weekend from what people have said

23 hours ago, filbertstreet said:

Schmichael

Ndidi Ndidi Ndidi

Ndidi Ndidi Ndidi King Ndidi

Ndidi Ndidi Ndidi

Let's not to much pressure on the kid..................... Kasper in goal :whistle:

Archived