Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Derby Away Pre-Match Thread

2 hours ago, Benguin said:

Well I don't see us getting relegated because, as dreadful as our performances have been, Hull, Palace, Sunderland, Swansea and Middlesbrough are poorer, the latter two less so but still, we'll be okay. The champions league has been incredible to witness and I am very excited to see us in the last 16 but Sevilla are fantastic and will most likely embarrass us. Thus the fa cup is the only competition where we have a real shot at doing well in.

When is this myth going to be ****ed off?

Hull beat us, they fight and show more effort than us.

Ok we beat Palace and they are quite poor, we're probably on a par when it comes to fighting and effort.

Sunderland, they beat us and we were awful, arguably made them look good.

Swansea, beat them, they're hit and miss, I don't see us beating Liverpool for example, they certainly fight and show abit of effort.

Middlesborough, we've drew to them, twice, certainly didn't look much better than them, think you're doing them an injustice, they're not a bad team at all.

We are poor and no better than pretty much anyone in the league at the moment and haven't been all season, stop being an ostrich.

1 minute ago, Matt said:

When is this myth going to be ****ed off?

Hull beat us and fight more than us.

Ok we beat Palace and they are quite poor, we're probably on a par when it comes to fighting and effort.

Sunderland, they beat us and we were awful, arguably made them look good.

Swansea, beat them, they're hit and miss, I don't see us beating Liverpool for example

Middlesborough, we've drew to them, twice, certainly didn't look much better than them.

We are poor and no better than pretty much anyone in the league at the moment and haven't been all season, stop being an ostrich.

lol

You sound more of an Ostrich here mate. I'm not saying we're anything like last season and I do not deny that in terms of our quality and determination we're in a real rut but we definitely have enough to stay in this league. Hull have to play us at home, they beat us away and they'll have lost all of their players by then. Yes you're right Palace are shocking this year. Sunderland beat us but they are in the dumps in terms of performances, worse so than us and they are never going to catch us. Swansea beat Liverpool yep, we beat man city if you're trying to say they can pull off results at big teams, so can we. we're 5 clear. How is it a myth? Sure we have a battle and sure we need to step up but I am certain we will not go down. Stop being an Ostrich and get your head out the sand

3 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Matt I agree with a lot that you post

but ffs where is our goal coming from? lol

OG.

Not from an attack from us, we've got no attack in us but a backpass that goes spectacularly wrong from Derby, atleast it will give us a glint of amusement.

13 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Can't believe people want to go back to 4-4-2 and have Shinji as starter. Didn't they watch like, the whole first half of the season?

But but but we had a handful of bad games experimenting with formation

But but but we have ndidi now so it will be like kante never left

But but but the players know the 4-4-2 better

lol

I saw on The Merc website yesterday, Alex Pascanu training with the first team.

Is this a normal thing or is it a sign he could be looking at a promotion?

Has anybody seen him play? anybody got an reliable opinion on him?

I've seen his name in the U23's for a while now, but not really followed his progress.

Any good intel on him from somebody?

ta. 

2 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

I can't believe people wanting to revert back to the 4-4-2. Didn't they watch the whole of last season? 

:whistle:

Didn't they watch many games this season, where we got annihilated in a 442? 

Man Utd and Liverpool away, for instance, which literally could have been 6/7 1

:whistle:

12 hours ago, Jimmy said:

what I'd like to see given the comments about going back to what we know re the formation

Kasper

Simpson Benny Huth Chilwell

Gray Mendy NDidi Kapustka

Shinji

Vardy

i thought of this team. However morgan being dropped just seems unrealistic at this stage. :(

14 hours ago, Benguin said:

lol

You sound more of an Ostrich here mate. I'm not saying we're anything like last season and I do not deny that in terms of our quality and determination we're in a real rut but we definitely have enough to stay in this league. Hull have to play us at home, they beat us away and they'll have lost all of their players by then. Yes you're right Palace are shocking this year. Sunderland beat us but they are in the dumps in terms of performances, worse so than us and they are never going to catch us. Swansea beat Liverpool yep, we beat man city if you're trying to say they can pull off results at big teams, so can we. we're 5 clear. How is it a myth? Sure we have a battle and sure we need to step up but I am certain we will not go down. Stop being an Ostrich and get your head out the sand

We have the worst record in the league against bottom half teams, and the second worst away form in the league.  If that's not setting alarm bells ringing I don't know what would.

We've relied on home "form" so far. We have 16 games left, 8 at home 8 away... if our away form continues we can forget anything there. At home we've got United Liverpool and Spurs which are probably right offs So we've got 5 home games we need to be looking at maxiumum points from or we could be in huge trouble. Bournemouth, Sunderland Stoke, Hull, Watford... and we got one point from the reverse fixtures and have the worst record in the league against teams that half of the table like I said.

Guest Foxin_mad
42 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We have the worst record in the league against bottom half teams, and the second worst away form in the league.  If that's not setting alarm bells ringing I don't know what would.

We've relied on home "form" so far. We have 16 games left, 8 at home 8 away... if our away form continues we can forget anything there. At home we've got United Liverpool and Spurs which are probably right offs So we've got 5 home games we need to be looking at maxiumum points from or we could be in huge trouble. Bournemouth, Sunderland Stoke, Hull, Watford... and we got one point from the reverse fixtures and have the worst record in the league against teams that half of the table like I said.

Absolutely spot on! The Ostriches here are the ones burying their heads in the sand pretending we are ok! I honestly can not see where our next win is coming from! We don't look like scoring, we don't create anything, we cant defend! I really am struggling to find any team worse than us at the moment. Big Sam will turn Palace around, Swansea look to be having a bounce. I honestly think we are in big trouble unless something major changes.

When was the last time we were shit enough to be beat by Derby? I think they will have an easy game 2 or 3 nil with Nugent getting a couple.

19 hours ago, Foxy_jim said:

Youve seen enough? What about 5 starts? How many times has he started down the middle? He made a mug of Ashley Williams at Everton and scored a couple on the left wing earlier in the season. He certainly should get in ahead of Okazaki. Also, tgough isolated, Slimani has done ok up top alone so its no excuse, Vardys badly out of form, has been nearly all season.

Yes five games is absolutely enough to see he's not very good. Agree Vardy is out of form but you don't drop your best player when he's out of form unless you have a good alternative to him. Get behind him. He always comes good and you should know that by now. 

Its too flippant to say Vardy and Slimani can't play together. They're professional footballers. I think we keep trying it, give them a real run of games together. 

Archived