Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Derby Away Pre-Match Thread

Ok! This thread is winding me up.

Claudio going back to 442 is to be celebrated. Take a look at the various formations suggested and you can understand why Claudio is chopping and changing. There is nothing wrong with 442, we just need readjust to what our opponents have done to negate our attacks.

Vardy needs to drop off and not play on the shoulder of the defence, Mahrez needs to release the ball earlier or hold up for over lapping full back. This constant derision of Vardy is unbelievable as he gets poor or no supply and it is he I feel sorry for.

Our main problem is Claudio's constant "narrow"  style which gives no cover to our defence especially the fullbacks. This pulls Wes or Huth out to give cover which creates spaces for the other team. It seems that with every formation Claudio chooses we are always "narrow" which has caused mayhem and the result being the defence being viewed as a disaster when in fact they do not get the protection they should.

Nothing wrong with 442, just Claudio's way of playing it.

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Claudio going back to 442 is to be celebrated. Take a look at the various formations suggested and you can understand why Claudio is chopping and changing. There is nothing wrong with 442, we just need readjust to what our opponents have done to negate our attacks.

Vardy needs to drop off and not play on the shoulder of the defence, Mahrez needs to release the ball earlier or hold up for over lapping full back. This constant derision of Vardy is unbelievable as he gets poor or no supply and it is he I feel sorry for.

Our main problem is Claudio's constant "narrow"  style which gives no cover to our defence especially the fullbacks. This pulls Wes or Huth out to give cover which creates spaces for the other team. It seems that with every formation Claudio chooses we are always "narrow" which has caused mayhem and the result being the defence being viewed as a disaster when in fact they do not get the protection they should.

Vardy  can not play dropping off.

can can only play sitting on the last man that's his game where have you been the last 5 years?

Anything less than reverting to the title winning tried and trust selection and formation will be a shock.

These players have pride, and are sick and tired of being embarrassed week after week.

They will demand that they have a formation in which they can properly channel their efforts and Ranieri would be mad to resist.

From his Southampton post match interviews you could see his desperation to find a solution, and it's there staring him in the face.

Mendy/Ndidi to replace Kante will be the only change from established title winning line-up.

The rest, (despite frustrated comments on here), are still proper players if they are given roles they know and that are suited to them.

City are 15/8 on Betfair.

Be brave, go big, enjoy the weekend.

Must win for me. A good cup run will fix what has been a pretty disappointing season.

I'd go for this:

Kasper

Simpson

Benny

Huth

Chilwell

Albrighton

Ndidi

King

Gray

Okazaki

Ulloa

Vardy, Drinkwater and Morgan all need to be benched until they look like they give a sh!t.

8 hours ago, berniethebolt said:

"       17 hours ago, philmycock said:

"League champions twice, you'll never sing that"

Hoping we'll sing this on Friday that'll shut Leicester lot ?????"

Just wandered onto their forum, they are getting ready for us.

Hope we finally get the season on a sound footing and do a real job on them.

We should just reply with 

Champions of England, you weren't fcukinh born.

Or 

Just like Forest, you live in the past

Followed by

Champions of England well

song it till May

3 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Vardy  can not play dropping off.

can can only play sitting on the last man that's his game where have you been the last 5 years?

He's never been asked to!

Both Vardy a nd Mahrez are too predictable in their play. They clearly need to mix up their play and that is a failure of their coaches as well as Claudio. Players need to evolve as certain situations do not always present themselves.

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

442 will spank them:

Simpson

Benalouane 

Huth

Chilwell

Mahrez (if back and fit)

Ndidi

Drinkwater

Albrighton

Okazaki

Vardy

Give the Cabbage a run around for at least 30.

4-1 win Vardy (2) Ndidi and Huth

If Claudio is serious about having Benny stay and be a part of the squad for the rest of the season, then I think you are right. He has to start him on Friday.

If however, we have another CB lined up to come in, then perhaps sticking with Morgan would be better as gives him a chance to get some confidence back and Benny who hasn't started a game in god knows how long, could be even more off the pace than Morgan. 

The rest of the team and formation is exactly what I would go for though. Maybe Gray for Mahrez unless Mahrez is raring to go again. 

Gets us back to the absolute basics and 90% of the line-up that served us so well last season. Will be 0 excuses or formation/system blame from the players if they again put in a crap performance,

p.s I would play with a keeper though. Kasper my choice :thumbup:

34 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

He's never been asked to!

Both Vardy a nd Mahrez are too predictable in their play. They clearly need to mix up their play and that is a failure of their coaches as well as Claudio. Players need to evolve as certain situations do not always present themselves.

Never been asked to because it's obvious he would not be able to do it

10 hours ago, jet-plane said:

Anything less than reverting to the title winning tried and trust selection and formation will be a shock.

These players have pride, and are sick and tired of being embarrassed week after week.

They will demand that they have a formation in which they can properly channel their efforts and Ranieri would be mad to resist.

From his Southampton post match interviews you could see his desperation to find a solution, and it's there staring him in the face.

Mendy/Ndidi to replace Kante will be the only change from established title winning line-up.

The rest, (despite frustrated comments on here), are still proper players if they are given roles they know and that are suited to them.

City are 15/8 on Betfair.

Be brave, go big, enjoy the weekend.

Well it is about time they showed us this is anything like the truth.

We have a massive game at Burnley next week. A game we simply cannot afford to lose and a game hugely more important than this one. I would fully expect a weakened team. Ranieri is desperate because he doesn't know what to do.

8 minutes ago, reynard said:

Well it is about time they showed us this is anything like the truth.

We have a massive game at Burnley next week. A game we simply cannot afford to lose and a game hugely more important than this one. I would fully expect a weakened team. Ranieri is desperate because he doesn't know what to do.

I think CR does know what to do. Just half the cvnts are not performing and don't look interested.

17 hours ago, Foxy_jim said:

Okazaki I understand but Musa? He was great at Everton, winning us the game and one of the better players v Chelsea. He deserves a start more than Vardy imo.

Ive seen enough of Musa this season to know he's nowhere near up to it at this level. As for your comment about Vardy, it's just baffling. Vardy is a good player and we are leaving him isolated week after week with the various ridiculous team selections and formations. He proved himself last season. Should be our main striker but needs help . 

13 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

I see a tinsy, winsy flaw in your plan .......

Archived